Louis Vuitton Monogram Petit Bucket Bucket Bag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 10.24 in (26 cm)Width: 8.67 in (22 cm)Depth: 6.11 in (15.5 cm)
- Condition:This item may have some minimal imperfections.
- Seller Location:London, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: uptR79AIKQOUP71SSST1stDibs: LU3477219318102
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Tokyo-To Shinjuku Ku, Japan
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Hermes 1966 Made Fonsbelle Black BagBy HermèsLocated in London, GBHermes 1966 Made Fonsbelle Black Bag Additional information: Measurements: 24 W x 4 D x 16 H cm Shoulder Double: 90 cm Single: 50 cm Condition: Good Front: With slight scratches, ...Category
20th Century Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Around 1990 Made Design Stitchturn-Lock Shoulder Bag GoldBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Around 1990 Made Design Stitchturn-Lock Shoulder Bag Gold Additional information: Interior pocket x1 Comes with: Serial number sticker Year: 1990 Made in France Measurements:...Category
20th Century French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Around 2002 Caviar Skin Cc Mark Stitch Shoulder Bag BeigeBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Around 2002 Caviar Skin Cc Mark Stitch Shoulder Bag Beige Additional information: Interior pocket x2, partitionx2 Comes with: Guarantee card, Serial number sticker Year: 2002...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton 2008 Made Monogram Greta Black/Multi BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBLouis Vuitton 2008 Made Monogram Greta Black/Multi Bag Additional information: Measurements: 41 W x 10 D x 30 H cm Shoulder Drop: 41-44 cm (3 adjustment holes) Condition: Good This...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton 2007 Made Monogram Marilyn Handbag Multi/BlackBy Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBLouis Vuitton 2007 Made Monogram Marilyn Handbag Multi/Black Additional information: Interior pocket x1, 2007 Made in France Measurements: 24 W x 11 D x 14 H cm Shoulder drop: 43 cm...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Around 1995 Made Caviar Skin 6Cc Mark Plate Drawstring Shoulder Bag BlackBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Around 1995 Made Caviar Skin 6 Cc Mark Plate Drawstring Shoulder Bag Black Additional information: Comes with: Guarantee card, Serial number sticker Accessories: Pouch Year: ...Category
20th Century Italian Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
- Moschino Milk Carton Leather Shoulder BagBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino milk carton leather shoulder bag Museum quality Moschino milk carton bag made of leather. Bends in Leather handle strap from improper storage...Category
1990s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Moschino Redwall Vintage Roma Amor Red Bag PurseBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino redwall vintage roma amor red bag purse New and never used vintage Moschino bag by Redwall from 1994 and featured in the Moschino ? Book from 2001 ...Category
1990s Shoulder Bags
- Vintage MOSCHINO Flower Massive Rigid Chain Top Handle Leather Shoulder BagBy Moschino Cheap and Chic, MoschinoLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO Flower Massive Rigid Chain Top Handle Leather Shoulder Bag Measurements: Bag Height: 5.90 inches (15 cm) without the top handle Total...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- Vintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Ysl Black Passementerie Hand BagBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Ysl Black Passementerie Hand Bag Measurements: Height: 6.89 inches (17.5 cm) without the handles Width: 8.66 inches (22 cm) Depth: 2.75 inches (7 cm) Han...Category
20th Century French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Vintage PIERRE CARDIN Lucite Plexiglass Clutch Shoulder BagBy Pierre CardinLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage PIERRE CARDIN Lucite Plexiglass Clutch Shoulder Bag Measurements: Height: 5 7/8 inches Width: 7 4/8 inches Depth: 1 inch Strap: 39 4/8 inches Fe...Category
1970s French Shoulder Bags
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Iconic Fan Rubber White BagBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Iconic Fan Rubber White Bag Measurements: Height: 6 2/8 inches Width: 10 6/8 inches Depth: 1 6/8 inches Removable Strap: 59 inches (adjustable) Features: - 100% Authentic KARL LAGERFELD. - White flap clutch/ shoulder bag with embossed fan allover. - Large fan with KARL LAGERFELD logo on the flap. - Removable shoulder strap. - Inside has gold metal fan plate...Category
20th Century French Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery