- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandoulière 25 cm , Fornasetti Limited Edition
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Saint-ouen, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The Italian artist, illustrator and furniture maker Piero Fornasetti was one of the wittiest and most imaginative design talents of the 20th century. He crafted an inimitable decorative style from a personal vocabulary of images that included birds, butterflies, hot-air balloons, architecture and — most frequently, and in some 500 variations — an enigmatic woman’s face based on that of the 19th-century opera singer Lina Cavalieri. Fornasetti used transfer prints of these images, rendered in the style of engravings, to decorate an endless variety of furnishings and housewares that ranged from chairs, tables and desks to dinner plates, lamps and umbrella stands. His work is archly clever, often surreal and always fun.
Fornasetti was born in Milan, the son of an accountant, and he lived his entire life in the city. He showed artistic talent as a child and enrolled at Milan’s Brera Academy of Fine Art in 1930, but was expelled after two years for consistently failing to follow his professors’ orders. A group of his hand-painted silk scarves, displayed in the 1933 Triennale di Milano, caught the eye of the architect and designer Gio Ponti, who, in the 1940s, became Fornasetti’s collaborator and patron. Beginning in the early 1950s, they created a striking a series of desks, bureaus and secretaries that pair Ponti’s signature angular forms with Fornasetti’s decorative motifs — lighthearted arrangements of flowers and birds on some pieces, austere architectural imagery on others. The two worked together on numerous commissions for interiors, though their greatest project has been lost: the first-class lounges and restaurants of the luxury ocean liner Andrea Doria, which sank in 1956.
Fornasetti furnishings occupy an unusual and compelling niche in the decorative arts: they are odd yet pack a serious punch. They act, essentially, as functional sculpture. A large Fornasetti piece such as a cabinet or a desk can change the character of an entire room; his smaller works have the aesthetic power of a vase of flowers, providing a bright and alluring decorative note. The chimerical, fish-nor-fowl nature of Fornasetti’s work may be its greatest strength. It stands on its own. Bringing the Fornasetti look into the future is Barnaba Fornasetti, who took the reins of the company after his father's death.
- Louis Vuitton Backpack Monogramm Bag,Louis Vuitton Cross Body Bag, Louis VuittonBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis very nice backpack bag can be used by men or women. The bag features a wide frontal pocket, cowhide leather trim and a sturdy leather top handle with an adjustable long nylon sh...Category
1980s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Keepall Bandoulière 45 BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis keepall is one of the most iconic Louis Vuitton bags.It is very interesting beacause it is classic and very modern in the same time.It features monogram canvas as well as very c...Category
1990s French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- New 2021 Limited Edition Louis vuitton Keepall Bandoulière 45 Bag Virgil AblohBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis superb Keepall Bandoulière 45 bag is all made in leather with a Damier checkerboard pattern in turquoise blue and white. Its leather top handles, side bands, and nametag are als...Category
2010s Luggage and Travel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Train Case, Louis Vuitton Jewelry Case, Louis Vuitton Beauty CaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis rigid beauty case features monogram canvas and solid brass stamped Louis Vuitton lock. Its leather strap is adjustable and has a magnificent patina. Its interior is in beige can...Category
1970s French Luggage and Travel Bags
- 1930's Dark Brown Louis Vuitton Suitcase, Louis Vuitton TrunkBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis very nice all original Louis Vuitton suitcase features dark chocolate brown leather as well as a matching comfortable handle and 2 silver color locks Interior is in burgundy lea...Category
Early 20th Century French Suitcases and Trunks
- Louis Vuitton Train Case, Louis Vuitton Boite Pharmacie, Louis Vuitton CaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis Louis vuitton beauty case features monogram canvas and all brass fittings. All studs are marked Louis Vuitton as well as its leather handle. Interior: Beige coated canvas, adjus...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Suitcases and Trunks
- 2008 Louis Vuitton Mahina XS Metallic Bronze MonogramBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Mahina model, size XS, made of brown leather, characterized by an elegant and feminine look with perforated monogram and silver hardware. Equipped with a central i...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Blue Monogram Denim Sunrise Bag Limited Edition 2010By Louis VuittonLocated in Lugano, TicinoLouis Vuitton Blue Monogram Denim Sunrise Bag Limited Edition 2010 - 100% authentic Louis Vuitton - Blue and gray gradient monogram denim with leather and nylon trim - Single flat ny...Category
2010s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags$5,954 Sale Price20% Off
- Louis Vuitton x Virgil Abloh Multicolor Monogram Taurillon Illusion Trio PouchBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton x Virgil Abloh Multicolor Monogram Taurillon Illusion Trio Pouch SKU: 121561 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excel...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Grand Palais ToteBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Grand Palais Tote SKU: 122112 MSRP: 2910.00 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excellent Condition. N...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Damier Graphite Trocadero Messenger PMBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Damier Graphite Coated Canvas & Black Calfskin Leather Trocadero Messenger PM Xupes Reference: HB4808 Serial Number: CA4189 Age (Circa): 2019 Accompanied By: Louis Vui...Category
2010s Spanish Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags$2,063Free Shipping
- 2019 Louis Vuitton Brown Monogram Canvas & Leather Soft Trunk Messenger MMBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Soft Trunk Messenger MM Xupes Reference: HB3877 Serial Number: BA3149 Age (Circa): 2019 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Structured Shoulder Bags$2,752Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Barnaba Fornasetti’s Hallucinatory House Has His Father’s Spirit
Behind a nondescript facade in northeastern Milan is the magical residence of Barnaba Fornasetti. It's a shrine to the style developed by his design-legend father, which still defies categorization.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.