- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
New Louis Vuitton Blue Crossbody Pochette Bag in Box
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Faenza, Italy
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- New in Box Vuitton Denim Pochette BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton limited edition denim pouchette with red leather details. Detachable handle. Comes with booklet, dust cover, original box and ribbon.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Novelty Bags
- New in Box Louis Vuitton Denim On The Go BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CABrand new limited edition denim on the go. Double straps in red leather , shoulder and handle. This item includes a dust cover and box.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shoulder Bags
- Vuitton BNIB Raffia St Jacques CaramelBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton sold out worldwide large Saint Jacques raffia tote with caramel leather trimming. Handles drop 11". Interior detachable pocket 10" x 6.5". Comes with original dust cove...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton BNIB 2 Tone Monogram Hobo BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton sold out worldwide new in box hobo 2 way shoulder bag. Dark leather reminiscing 70s Vuitton collections. Interchangeable leather and chain strap. Detachable mini pochet...Category
21st Century and Contemporary European Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton BNIB Homme Defile’ Hobo CruiserBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton BNIB hobo Cruiser , unisex bag. Defile’ homme Autumn /Winter 2022. Adjustable shoulder drop 21.5”. Top zipper and interior pocket. Comes with name tag, dust cover and box.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Shoulder Bags
- Vuitton BNIB Petit Raffia Bucket CaramelBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton sold out worldwide petit bucket tote. Raffia bag with caramel leather trim. Handle drop 4.5". Shoulder drop 20" adjustable. Comes with original dust cover and box.Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- 14 Karat White Gold Diamond Band RingLocated in Washington Depot, CT14 Karat White Gold and Diamond Band Ring Size 5.75- This lovely band features 32 round brilliant cut bezel set diamonds in beautifully detailed 14K white gold. Width: 7 mm. Appr...Category
20th Century Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$1,150Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Diamond Malachite Limited Edition NecklaceBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYThis rare and classic limited edition necklace from the iconic Alhambra collection by Van Cleef & Arpels features a lucky clover pendant crafted in 18k yellow gold and green malachit...Category
2010s French Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Malachite, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$7,900Free Shipping
- Vintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Ysl Gold Metal Minaudiere Tassel Shoulder BagBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Ysl Gold Metal Minaudiere Tassel Shoulder Bag Measurements: Height: 3.5 inches (9 cm) Width: 6 inches (15 cm) Depth: 2.55 inches (6.5 cm) Strap Length: 41...Category
1980s French Clutches
- Louis Vuitton Blue LV Escale Onthego GMLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Blue LV Escale Onthego GM SKU: 121650 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Very Good Condition. Scuffing to corners and...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
- Louis Vuitton Crossbody Juliette 872637 Navy Blue Monogram Mini Lin Canvas BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYWidth (inch) : 8.26 inch(approx) Width (cm) : 21 cm(approx) Height (inch) : 4.33 inch(approx) Height (cm) : 11 cm(approx) Depth (inch) : 17.7 inch(approx) Depth (cm) : 45 cm(ap...Category
20th Century Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Bucket Noé Vintage Blue Green Red Epi Leather Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CALouis Vuitton Bucket Noé Vintage Blue Green Red Epi Leather Shoulder Bag This authentic Louis Vuitton Vintage Noe bag is a classic daytime carry-all that never fades from being fash...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Blue Monogram Giant Hamptons OnthegoBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Blue Monogram Giant Hamptons Onthego SKU: 122473 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excellent Conditi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Blue Saint Jacques Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in PARIS, FRLouis Vuitton blu Saint-Jacques. Very good condition, shows slight traces of wear appeared with time, but which is not visible. The blu Louis Vuitton Epi bag is worn in everyday life...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Saphir Epi Leather Alma PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2An icon of House Louis Vuitton, the Alma bag is easily one of the most popular bags that people invest in. Get yours today with this Alma made of Epi leather. The bag is designed wit...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Bicolor Green x Blue Noe Drawstring Bucket Hobo 861663ABy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYGOOD CONDITION (7/10 or B) Retail $2160 (Outside) Minor rub partially (Outside) Minor stain partially (Shoulder) Minor rub on a part of shoulder strap Minor spot on a part of sho...Category
20th Century Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Bicolor Blue Red Epi Leather Petit Noe Drawstring Bucket HoboBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: 9003 A2 Made In: France Measurements: Length: 16" Width: 7" Height: 10.5" Shoulder Handle Drop: 7" OVERALL GOOD CONDITION ( 7/10 or B ) Accessories: D...Category
20th Century Structured Shoulder Bags
- Vigo Magistretti for Cassina Sofa in Dark Grey UpholsteryBy Vico Magistretti, CassinaLocated in Waalwijk, NLVico Magistretti for Cassina, two-seater sofa, model 'Veranda', fabric, aluminum, Italy, 1983. Beautiful esthetically balanced two-seater sofa designed by Vico Magistretti for Cas...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern SofasMaterials
- Hermes Rare Special Order 35cm Harlequin BirkinBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CAHermes rare harlequin Birkin. 35cm. Constructed with clemence leather in six colors (ultra violet, etain, bleu lin, bleu obscur, etoupe, gold) and palladium hardware. Handle drop, 4....Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Italian post modern linen aluminum Celestia chandelier, Tobia Scarpa, Flos 1982By Tobia Scarpa, FlosLocated in MIlano, ITItalian post modern white linen fabric and aluminum 1130 Celestia chandelier by Tobia Scarpa for Flos, Italy 1982. Chandelier mod. 1130 Celestia with suspended diffuser in white line...Category
Vintage 1980s Post-Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Cartier 18K Two-Tone Gold BangleBy CartierLocated in Houston, TXCartier bangle bracelet in 18K white and yellow gold. This bracelet is marked "Cartier 707194". The inside diameter of the round bangle is 2 3/8 inches and it is 1/4 inch wide. Sl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French BanglesMaterials
18k Gold, Gold$4,950Free Shipping
- Warren Platner for Knoll Mid-Century Dining ChairBy Knoll, Warren PlatnerLocated in Countryside, ILWarren Platner for Knoll mid-century dining chair. This chair measures: 27.25 wide x 21 deep x 29 inches high, with a seat height of 18 and arm height/chair clearance of 25 inches...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery