1960s Emilio Pucci Mini Bag
View Similar Items
1960s Emilio Pucci Mini Bag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 4 in (10.16 cm)Width: 4 in (10.16 cm)Depth: 4 in (10.16 cm)Length: 8 in (20.32 cm)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. very minor stains.
- Seller Location:Scottsdale, AZ
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU16725907682
By the mid-1960s, the international fashion press, enamored of his dazzling scarves and slithery dresses in sensuous psychedelic silk jersey, had dubbed Florentine designer Emilio Pucci the Prince of Prints. Less well known is that, starting in the early 1950s, Pucci applied his colorful, abstract patterns to static angular mediums such as ceramics, floors and furniture, imbuing them with movement, not to mention glamour. He was the first fashion designer to enter the lifestyle market, founding the successful brand that exists today.
Born in 1914 to one of Italy’s oldest noble families, Emilio Pucci, Marchese Pucci di Barsento, was a member of the postwar international jet set, hopping from beach to mountain to city. His fashion career began unexpectedly in 1947, when he created a revolutionary stretch ski outfit that was photographed on the Swiss slopes for Harper’s Bazaar.
Eschewing a life of aristocratic glamour, the self-taught Pucci opened a boutique on Capri dedicated to simple resort clothing (think capri pants) that evoked the Mediterranean’s undulating waves and refreshingly bright colors. At the time, luxury fashion was as constricted as a Dior cocktail dress, but the Swinging Sixties were on the horizon. Signed with what Vogue International editor Suzy Menkes calls a “handwritten ‘Emilio’ flourish” — a concept, she points out, as novel as that of designer ready-to-wear — his designs were soon seen on celebrities like Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.
From the airline uniforms he created for Braniff in the 1960s to the emblem he crafted for the Apollo XV space mission in 1971, Pucci’s designs were visionary. In spite of his traditional roots (or because of them), the Prince of Prints was forward thinking and outward looking. Pucci put his signature flourish on patterns that were flexible — first for fashion, then for furnishings and objects. Whether on fabric or foam, shelves or sails, as he first explained some 70 years ago, the ornamental designs work in “continuous motion.” Venturing into nontraditional design partnerships, he laid the groundwork for a future brand, a classic legacy that his daughter Laudomia Pucci continues today.
- Gianni Versace Couture 1997 Absolut Vodka BagBy Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Scottsdale, AZCalling all Versace collectors! Circa 1997 for the Absolut Vodka campaign, this mini bag is crafted from white leather and features silver Medusa hardwar...Category
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Lambskin Evening HandbagBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZWhen choosing your next bag, the answer is always vintage Chanel. This bag has all the classic hints of Chanel but different than anything you have seen before. Details include a kno...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Bottega Veneta Rainbow Gingham Circle Tassel BagBy Bottega VenetaLocated in Scottsdale, AZYour perfect little summer bag has arrived! Adorable 1980s plaid printed circular bag from designer Bottega Veneta! Printed all over in a rainbow gingham style plaid fabric with red ...Category
1980s Italian Novelty Bags
- Classic Flap Limited Edition Rabbit Fur Shoulder BagBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis is the most fabulous Chanel you'll come across! This bag will pair great with all your streetwear looks! A 2000's dream to say the least. This ultra-rare Chanel shoulder bag made of rabbit fur and was released as limited edition. The rabbit fur is complimented with vibrant silver hardware, gray textile details, and nylon. The different textures of this bag makes it seem highly designed and luxe. There is a mark on the bottom of the bag on the nylon. Take a peek on the interior where you will see the "CHANEL" piping, canvas fabric, and the great condition with only a few marks on the flap. The interior is lined with canvas. Try pairing this bag with a Roberto Cavalli blouse, Gucci leather pants...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Moschino Heart WristletBy MoschinoLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis heart shaped Moschino wristlet is going to have you head over heels in LOVE! A dark green leather with dark green stitching is complimented by gold 'Moschino' logo hardware on the strap. The top unzips to reveal a small opening ideal for securing some cash and your house key so you can go about your night wearing your bag as a bracelet! This bag is so cute and easy to carry around, you are never going to be able to get enough of it. Pair it with a red Versace dress...Category
1990s Italian Novelty Bags
- Chanel Oversize Coral Caviar ToteBy ChanelLocated in West Hollywood, CAThis beautiful City bag from Chanel comes in a coral color which looks good with a business outfit as well as jeans. The handles have a drop of 7 inches so you can also wear it over ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Small Pink Trendy CC Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in London, GBA stylish pink Chanel Small Trendy CC Flap Bag. The exterior of this Trendy is crafted with pink lambskin leather in the signature diamond style stitchi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Morris Moskowitz Rose Pink 1960s BagBy Morris MoskowitzLocated in Alford, MAMM handbag c.1960s in dark pink, the leather featuring horizontal, curved stitching resulting in a quilted effect. The faux tortoise handles echo the shape of the bag and snap togeth...Category
Mid-20th Century American Top Handle Bags
- NWT S/S 2001 Atelier Versace by Donatella Versace Pink Satin and Wicker BagBy Donatella Versace, Atelier VersaceLocated in West Hollywood, CAPresenting an incredible pink wicker Atelier Versace bag, designed by Donatella Versace. From the Haute Couture collection, this bag debuted on the season'...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Leather Taiga Rainbow Steamer PM LimitedBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton Limited Edition Taiga Rainbow x Virgil Abloh bag in black leather with black hardware.The bag is equipped with a front flap with interlo...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Wilardy Dooner White Marble Lucite bag -Book pieceLocated in Wallkill, NY1950s Wilardy Opaque, Marbled White Lucite Purse, Ornate Clasp, Great Handel Mirror inside top of handbag with a Stunning Pearl and Crystal Decorative cla...Category
1950s American Novelty Bags
Recently ViewedView All
How Fashion Icon Emilio Pucci Became the Prince of Psychedelic Prints
The Italian design icon set the course for creating a comprehensive lifestyle brand.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?