- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Credit Card Insert Black Empriente Leather from Felicie Wallet
- DimensionsHeight: 3.8 in (9.66 cm)Width: 7.5 in (19.05 cm)Depth: 0.02 in (0.51 cm)Marked Size: Small (US)
- StyleDesigner (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin
- Material NotesEmpriente Leather
- Seller LocationFreehold, NJ
- Reference NumberSeller: SKU C91 0722-D1stDibs: LU2895216478552
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Freehold, NJ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton Key Pouch Damier Ebene Coin Pouch Wristlet N62658By Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPreowned 100% AUTHENTIC Louis Vuitton Key Pouch Damier Ebene Use as a Bag Charm, Tiny Clutch, or Key Chain RATING: A...excellent, near mint, only slight signs of wear INTERIOR: tin...Category
2010s American Tech Accessories and Cases
- Louis Vuitton KIRIGAMI POCHETTE Small Monogram Crossbody Bag NecklaceBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPreowned BUT like New 100% Authentic LOUIS VUITTON Kirigami Pochette Burgundy Small W/Added Non LV Insert & Chain to make a Crossbody or Necklace RATING: A+...Excellent, near mint MA...Category
2010s French Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Bumbag Belt Bag CrossbodyBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJLouis Vuitton Bumbag Monogram M43644 100% Authentic Pre-Owned, RATING: B very good, shows some signs of wear MATERIAL: monogram canvas, leather HANDLE: has faint dark hue DROP: 1.5''...Category
2010s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Strap & Monogram Coin Purse Bandouliere Jacquard Strap OnlyBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPre-Owned 100% Authentic LOUIS VUITTON Pink Bandouliere Strap And Round Monogram Coin Purse from Multi Pochette Accessoires The beautiful Louis Vuitton inscribed Jacquard strap has ...Category
2010s French Tech Accessories and Cases
- Louis Vuitton Sarah My World Tour Monogram Canvas Wallet Limited EditionBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPreowned 100% Authentic LOUIS VUITTON Sarah My World Tour Portefeiulle Monogram Wallet Added Chain to use as a Crossbody RATING: A/B...Very Good, well maintained, shows minor signs...Category
2010s Spanish Wallets
- CHANEL Bag Timeless CC logo Vanity Pouch Patent Leather Makeup Travel CaseBy ChanelLocated in Freehold, NJPre-Owned 100% Authentic CHANEL Timeless CC Vanity Pouch Added Chain to use as a Shoulder Bag RATING: B...Very Good, well maintained, shows minor signs of wear MATERIAL: patent leat...Category
1990s Italian Cosmetic Bags
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Monogram Customized Ladybug Pochette Accessories PouchBy Louis VuittonLocated in Philadelphia, PALouis Vuitton Vintage Hand Painted Ladybug Monogram accessories Pouch in excellent condition. Signature monogram canvas exterior trimmed with tan lather and gold hardware. Monogram c...Category
Early 2000s Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Passport WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZGet ready to travel! Circa 2001, this passport wallet features the signature LV monogram on the exterior. The snap button closure opens up to 6 card slots, a bill compartment, a deta...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Louis Vuitton Pochette Monogram Volga Baguette Wristlet Bag (2018) Virgil AblohBy Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecDesigned by Virgil Abloh from the 2018 collection. Bag is made of coated canvas with monogram print and features orange detail, a black chain detail, black leather finishes and a mat...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Cerises Murkami Pochette Bag, 2005.By Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Cerises Murkami Pochette Bag, 2005. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldwide phenomenon w...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse Limited Edition Rouge Leopard Zippy Wallet, 2010By Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse Limited Edition Rouge Fauviste & Corail Monogram Leopard Zippy Wallet, 2010. In 2008, the iconic fashion house Louis Vuitton creative director Marc Ja...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Murakami Monogram Multicolor Porte-Monnaie BlackBy Louis VuittonLocated in Palm Beach, FLFrom the historic partnership between Murakami and Louis Vuitton, this Porte Monnaie Plat card holder is constructed from coated canvas with Murakami's eye-catching Multicolore desig...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.