- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Trunks & Bags Mini Pochette Accessories
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 3.5 in (8.89 cm)Depth: 1.25 in (3.18 cm)Length: 6 in (15.24 cm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Condition:Exterior Condition: Very good pre-owned condition. Light wear to painted stamps, wear at vachetta leather tab. Goldtone color has worn off one of the bag strap hooks. Interior Condition: Excellent pre-owned condition.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: 100-172411stDibs: LU20418229902
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Prada Black Tessuto Nylon Saffiano Wristlet BagBy PradaLocated in New York, NYPrada Black Tessuto Nylon Saffiano Wristlet Bag. Features detachable wrist strap Made In: Italy Color: Black Hardware: Silvertone Materials: Nylon Lining: Fabric and leather Closure...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Silver Embossed Monogram Coussin BB Crossbody BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLLouis Vuitton Silver Embossed Monogram Coussin BB Crossbody Bag. Features adjustable strap allowing for crossbody or shoulder carry, and chain strap for baguette and under-arm carr...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Leather Tambourin NM Crossbody BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Black Leather Tambourin NM Crossbody Bag Made In: Italy Color: Black Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Smooth leather Lining: Black microfiber Closure/Opening: Flap top wit...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Lilac Leather Convertible Chain Epi Twist PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Lilac Leather Convertible Chain Epi Twist PM Bag Made In: France Color: Lilac Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Epi leather with cowhide leather trim Lining: Microfiber Clo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Petite Boite Chapeau Crossbody BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Monogram Petite Boite Chapeau Crossbody Bag Made In: France Color: Brown Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Coated canvas with vachetta leather Lining: Beige leather Closur...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull Pochette Wristlet BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull Pochette Wristlet Bag Made In: USA Year of Production: 2020 Color: Brown damier Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Coated canvas Lining: Pink canvas ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Light brown Tan Taiga Leather ID Document HolderBy Louis VuittonLocated in Rome, RomeLouis Vuitton Light Brown Tan Taiga Leather Bifold ID Document Holder with 2 slots inside with platis windows. LV - LOUIS VUITTON monogram embossed on leather on the front, 'LOUIS VU...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Tech Accessories and Cases
- 2008 Louis Vuitton Mahina XS Metallic Bronze MonogramBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Mahina model, size XS, made of brown leather, characterized by an elegant and feminine look with perforated monogram and silver hardware. Equipped with a central i...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Kusama Red Empreinte Neverfull MM with Pouch 14LV0123By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYMade In: Spain Measurements: Length: 12.5" Width: 6.5" Height: 11" Shoulder Handle Drop: 8" OVERALL NEW CONDITION ( 10/10 or N ) Accessories: Dust Bag, Box, Tags SKU : 1...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON 2008 Richard Prince denim yellow monogram peep toe heel EU37By Louis VuittonLocated in Hong Kong, NTLOUIS VUITTON 2008 Richard Prince denim yellow monogram peep toe heel EU37 Brand: Louis Vuitton Model: Richard Prince NQ0038 Collection: 2008 Material: Patent Leather Color: Yellow ...Category
2010s Italian High Heels
- Louis Vuitton Damier canvas Cosmetic PouchBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYWith its large zipper, this cosmetics pouch in Damier canvas easily stores all small products. It features a flat pocket, ideal for holding a mirror. Coated canvas, washable textile ...Category
2010s Unknown Cosmetic Bags
- Chanel Vintage Brown Leather Box Purse WristletBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Brown Leather Box Purse Wristlet is in excellent vintage condition. This very rare piece is exquisite; a must have for collectors. Dark brown leather is quilte...Category
Early 2000s European Evening Bags and Minaudières
- 1980s Gucci Red Nappa Leather Pouch Charm HandbagBy GucciLocated in London, GBGucci Vintage Micro Pochette Clutch Bag, softest Nappa leather, zip closure with gold-tone metal logo charm, leather handle, Old Style Gucci Logo on front, Gold Tone Hardware with Em...Category
1980s Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Products Jimmy Choo Mini Purse Houndstooth BagBy Jimmy ChooLocated in London, GBJimmy Choo card holder in a soft black and white hounds tooth print satin with crystal embellishment, detachable fine chain link silver colour metal strap allows the card holder to b...Category
2010s British Evening Bags and Minaudières
- 1990s Burberry Pocket Shaped Wristlet PouchBy BurberryLocated in London, GB1990s Burberry Pocket Shaped Wristlet Pouch, tartan print on front, denim on back, top zip closure with char, denim, red leather strap Condition: 1990s, very good Dimensions: 17x...Category
1990s British Pouches and Wristlets
- 2000s Gucci by Tom Ford Black Satin Hoop Mini WristletBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a simple and elegant black satin hoop Gucci wristlet, designed by Tom Ford. This bag, from the 2000s, is the perfect mini bag for a night out or event. The bag'...Category
Early 2000s Italian Pouches and Wristlets
- Antique Swiss silver chatelaine purse, coin purseLocated in NEWARK, GBA stunning antique Swiss silver chatelaine purse. The body is made up from intricately woven 925 sterling silver mesh and it has five little beads suspended from the bottom. The pu...Category
Early 20th Century Swiss Evening Bags and Minaudières$313Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery