Items Similar to 1970's Kirsch Hamilton Aurora Clock with Original Box
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 22
1970's Kirsch Hamilton Aurora Clock with Original Box
A vintage 1970's aluminium Aurora clock by Kirsch/Hamilton of Cambridge, Mass. This example has the original box and instruction booklet and the serial number in the booklet matches that on the clock bottom. The booklet is dated 1979. The clock appears to have been repaired at some point, as the cord is in great condition. Hard to imagine its original but it looks like the others I've had. The lenses or filters have a bit of wear and marks, please see the detailed photos. The back plate is original but 2 of the magnets are missing. It is in running nicely and is in nice condition, with some minor scratches to the case, easily polished out as the case is solid aluminium. Please see the attached video! This is an early version in an aluminium case. We have replaced the #93 bulb with an LED light to reduce heat.
- CreatorKirsch/Hamilton (Maker),Rudolph de Harak (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 8 in. (20.32 cm)Width: 8 in. (20.32 cm)Depth: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
- Materials and TechniquesMachine-MadeAluminum
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1979
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. The lenses or filters have a bit of wear and marks, please see the detailed photos. The back plate is original but 2 of the magnets are missing. It is in running nicely and is in nice condition, with some minor scratches to the case.
- Seller LocationPalm Springs, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU835024001292
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Palm Springs, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Palm Springs, CA
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
1stDibs seller since 2007
230 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Sally Sirkin Lewis, J. Robert Scott 1Located in Palm Springs, CAA pair of J. Robert Scott, labelled, floor lamps in a beautifully patinated Iron or steel, with their original s...Category
20th Century American Floor Lamps
You May Also Like
French Bronze Mantel Clock Depicting Aurora
Located in Norwich, GB
French bronze figural clock with a finely cast bronze statue depicting Aurora holding a brass Orb clock with Roman numerals and original moonpoise hands. Eight day French movement...
Antique 1870s French Victorian Mantel Clocks
English Victorian Ormolu Horseshoe Clock in Original Box
Located in London, GB
An English ormolu horseshoe clock in the manner of Thomas Cole. Small 3/4 plate movement with dust covers to rear for wind, adjust and regulate. Fine original silvered bronze dial wi...
Antique 1860s English Carriage Clocks and Travel Clocks
Black Chinoiserie Chiming Mantel Clock Hamilton & Inches Edinburgh
By Hamilton & Inches Ltd.
Located in Melbourne, Victoria
A black chinoiserie lacquered clock of small proportions, the rectangular case beautifully decorated in relief with garden scenes in shades of red, brown, green, black and gold highl...
Early 20th Century British Chinoiserie Mantel Clocks
Mappin & Webb Sterling Cigar Box with Clock, 1958
By Mappin & Webb
Located in London, GB
A beautiful quality sterling silver cigarette or cigar box by Mappin & Webb, the geometric-form box with engine-turned panels on each side is surmounted with an 8-day clock, with a g...
Vintage 1950s British Other Cigar Boxes and Humidors
Sterling Silver, Enamel
Antique American Waterbury Willard 8 day Églomisé "Aurora" #3 Banjo Clock, 1908
By Waterbury Clock Co.
Located in Portland, OR
Antique Waterbury Willard No. 6 "Banjo" Clock, Connecticut, circa 1908, the mahogany case with an 8-inch porcelain Arabic numeral dial. Gilt-rope moldings enclose the reverse-painted...
Antique Early 1900s American Federal Wall Clocks
Original Dutch Stoelklok with Verge Escapement Wall Clock
Located in Norwich, GB
Dutch Stoelklok Arched bracket with two painted mermaids, gilded lead cresting moulded with two lions beside an armorial crest, side glazed windows with pierced fretwork. The p...
Antique 1780s Dutch Neoclassical Wall Clocks
Cuckoo Clock with Original Eight-Day Wooden Movement
Located in Providence, RI
The following is a written identification of this clock prepared by Kirtland Crump: May 9, 2011. I restored the eight day duration wooden movement tall clock with working cuckoo ...
Antique 19th Century American Chippendale Clocks
French 1930s Burlwood Clock Box
Located in New York, NY
A rare and elegant box with an inset clock. French 1930s, 8 Day movement.
Vintage 1930s Modern Decorative Boxes
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery