Lalique France Crystal "Hulotte" Owl Clock in Original Box
About the Item
- Creator:Lalique (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 3.5 in (8.89 cm)Width: 5 in (12.7 cm)Depth: 1 in (2.54 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1996
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1974330562422
Lalique is a beacon of French opulence in glassmaking and decorative arts, an enduring brand with a history spanning over 130 years and at least three movements in art and design: Art Nouveau, Art Deco and modernism. The firm’s founder, René Lalique, is a celebrated figure in Art Nouveau jewelry, which drew on feminine forms and natural-world themes. Under his masterful leadership, Lalique came to be known for its gorgeous vases, sculptures and glass and crystal serveware.
Rene Laliqué was born in 1860 in Aÿ-en-Champagne, France. As a young man, he apprenticed under Parisian Art Nouveau jeweler Louis Aucoc and studied at L'École nationale supérieure des Arts Décoratifs. Lalique's skill and esteem broadened, and he created jewelry for renowned houses like Cartier and Boucheron. He took over a workshop in Paris in 1885 and opened his own business soon afterward. Not one to follow trends, Lalique gained popularity for his innovative accessories, which merged glass, enamel and ivory — materials that were uncommon in jewelry-making — with semi-precious stones and metals. Lalique’s work gained greater prominence at the 1900 Paris Exhibition, which served as a showcase for his extraordinary designs.
In 1907, Lalique began a revolutionary partnership with French perfumer François Coty. He designed a line of molded glass perfume bottles with frosted surfaces and patterned reliefs. Lalique opened his eponymous glassworks in Combs-La-Ville, Paris, in 1909. His attractive bottles and other pieces were shown at the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts in 1925 — the event that brought Art Deco to worldwide attention — catapulting Lalique to new levels of fame. Shortly afterward, in 1927, he created one of his most iconic pieces: the Bacchantes vase. A marvel of glassmaking that convincingly depicted movement, the vase displays his technical skills and artistry.
Lalique began receiving high-profile commissions — in 1929, he decorated the luxurious Côte d’Azur Pullman Express carriages, and in 1935, he designed lighting for the Grand Salon and dining room on the ocean liner SS Normandie.
Lalique died in 1945, and the reins at the company were passed to his son, Marc Lalique. The firm continued to produce its signature glass pieces as well as crystal vases, decor and serveware. Marc's daughter, Marie-Claude Lalique, became CEO in 1977. She renewed the traditional jewelry and fragrance side of the business. In 2008, Lalique was acquired by Art & Fragrance, now known as Lalique Group. It remains a well-regarded lifestyle brand underpinned by a rich history in glassmaking.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- Les Must de Cartier Paris Enamel Gold Plated Travel Clock with Original CaseBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLLes Must de Cartier Paris Enamel Gold Plated Travel Clock with Original Case Offered for sale is a Les Must de Cartier Paris enamel gold plated travel clock with the original Ca...Category
20th Century Swiss Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- French St. Louis Crystal "Baladeuse Folia" Portable Lamp with Auto Dimmer, BoxBy Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance, Saint LouisLocated in Miami, FLFrench St. Louis crystal "Baladeuse Folia" portable lamp with auto dimmer, box Offered for sale is a French St. Louis Crystal "Baladuese Folia" clear and etched cut crystal porta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French LanternsMaterials
- Mid-20th Century Set of Schiapparelli Stockings in the Original BoxBy Elsa SchiaparelliLocated in Miami, FLMid-20th Century Set of Schiapparelli Stockings in the Original Box A Mid-Century set of Schiaparelli stockings in the original box with the original Schiaparelli tissue paper liner...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Quilts and BlanketsMaterials
- Crystal and Bronze 1940s 3-Arm Original Candle SconcesLocated in Miami, FLCrystal and Bronze 1940s 3-Arm Original Candle Sconces Offered for sale is a fine pair of elegant crystal and bronze original candle three-arm wall sconces from the 1940s. The sconc...Category
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Silvered Wrought Iron Crystal 9 Arm Chandelier, Original CanopyLocated in Miami, FLSilvered Wrought Iron Crystal 9 Arm Chandelier, Original Canopy Offered for sale is a silver leaf wrought iron chandelier with nine arms and crysta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Rococo Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- 2 Antique Childhood Dolls in Plexiglass Shadow BoxesLocated in Miami, FL2 Antique childhood dolls in Plexiglass shadow boxes Offered for sale is a set of two early 20th century antiques childhood dolls that have been mounted in custom matching plexigl...Category
Early 20th Century American Folk Art ToysMaterials
- French Lalique Crystal Owl Table ClockBy LaliqueLocated in Vilnius, LTFrench Lalique crystal owl table clock. The clock is created in a clear crystal base with owl relief motifs. Engraved with Lalique France mark. Excellen...Category
Late 20th Century French Table Clocks and Desk ClocksMaterials
- 1990s Astonishing Amber Clock by Lalique in Crystal, Made in FranceBy LaliqueLocated in Milano, IT1990s Astonishing amber clock "heart" by Lalique in crystal, so rare to find it in this color. Made in France. It works perfeclty (quartz movement) and it's in excellent condition. ...Category
1990s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Clocks and Desk ClocksMaterials
- English Victorian Ormolu Horseshoe Clock in Original BoxLocated in London, GBAn English ormolu horseshoe clock in the manner of Thomas Cole. Small 3/4 plate movement with dust covers to rear for wind, adjust and regulate. Fine original silvered bronze dial wi...Category
Antique 1860s English Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- Antique French Crystal & Bronze Mantel ClockLocated in Big Flats, NYAn antique French mantel clock offers bronze frame having crystal sides, early 20th century Measures - 11.5"h x 7"w x 5.5"d. Catalogue Note: Ask about DISCOUNTED DELIVERY RATES ava...Category
Early 20th Century French Mantel ClocksMaterials
- Daum Crystal Table Clock 1950s, FranceBy DaumLocated in DÉNIA, ESDaum : Crystal table lamp by Daum with acid engraved Chardon motif, signed on the bottom and with original sticker Mechanism of the pendulum has just been revised and humiliated by a specialist! imperative before a purchase if the clock is more than 5 years old. Unique and Timeless Design: Daum is a renowned French crystal manufacturer known for its exquisite craftsmanship and artistic designs. Vintage Daum crystal...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Table Clocks and Desk ClocksMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery