Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Clock, Plexi, circa 1956Item Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 15
Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Clock, Plexi, circa 1956
Jaeger-LeCoultre - Plexiglass Switzerland brass gold-plated Year of manufacture 1956 Dimensions: H x W x D: 23,5 x 20,5 x 16 cm White dial with Arabic Numbers. "Horizontally" 3 and 9. Serial number: 92737 Year of construction: 1956. Condition: Excellent condition. Drive faultless and freshly revised. Absolute accuracy. The photos are not "beautified", the case condition is as shown on the photos. On most of the photos the watch is shown without front screen, because of the reflection of the flash while taking the pictures. I took photos on white and black background so that you can better imagine the colour. The base and the crossbars on top of the case are newly gold-plated. Worth knowing: In 1927 the young engineer Jean-Léon Reutter invented the functional principle of the Atmos watch. He used the "breathing movements" of a gas-filled bellows, which occur when the temperature changes, to wind the movement. The Jaeger LeCoultre company used this principle to build the Atmos watch in series production from 1928 onwards. The movement of the watch stands out due to its cylindrical box on the back. Inside it, a bellows-like Expansion chamber contains chloroethyl, a gas that expands particularly strongly between 10 °C and 27 °C. A temperature difference of only one degree Celsius winds the watch for 48 hours. This interesting winding mechanism is complemented by an excellent movement of extreme precision with a heavy torsion pendulum (rotating pendulum). The condition for the accuracy of the clock is a stabile and vibration-free installation. The watch is also extremely environmentally friendly, and despite its unlimited running time, does not require a battery or any other electrical drive. The Atmos has been Switzerland's official state gift to prominent visitors, e.g. politicians from abroad, for decades. [Source: Ullstein Watch Book: A Cultural History of Timekeeping / Jürgen Abeler ISBN 3-550-06849-2]. You will find some good informations about ATMOS Clocks in the literature: Jean Lebet - Living on Air.
- DimensionsHeight: 9.45 in. (24 cm)Width: 8.27 in. (21 cm)Length: 6.3 in. (16 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1956
- ConditionRepaired: The clock has new service. It's revised and in excellent condition. Wear consistent with age and use. Perfect functionality. Absolute accuracy. The photos are not "beautified", the case condition is as shown on the photos.
- Seller LocationGreven, DE
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU5419221554302
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-18 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Greven, Germany
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the SellerNew to 1stDibs
Joined in the past six months.
Located in Greven, Germany
No Reviews Yet
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2014
1stDibs seller since 2020
6 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Greven, DEJaeger-LeCoultre - Atmos Vendome cal. 526 Switzerland brass gold plated Year of manufacture 1979 Dimensi...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Mantel ClocksMaterials
BrassH 9.45 in. W 8.27 in. D 6.3 in.$4,595
- Located in Greven, DEJaeger-LeCoultre - Atmos Classic Clock, cal. 526 Switzerland brass gold-plated Year of manufacture 1966 ...Category
Vintage 1960s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Mantel ClocksMaterials
BrassH 8.67 in. W 7.09 in. D 5.52 in.$3,974
- By Jaeger-LeCoultreLocated in Greven, DEJaeger Le Coultre - Atmos Elysee - Calibre 526 Switzerland brass gold-plated 1970s Dimensions: H x W x D...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Table Clocks and Desk ClocksMaterials
BrassH 8.27 in. W 7.09 in. D 4.34 in.$4,098
- Located in Greven, DE19th century French fireplace clock "Psyche" France firegilt bronze Empire circa 1820 Dimensions: H x W ...Category
Antique 1820s French Empire Mantel ClocksMaterials
BronzeH 17.33 in. W 11.42 in. D 4.73 in.$7,427
- By LepauteLocated in Greven, DEAntique mantel clock with calendar Paris - Workshop LePaute & Fils marble, firegilt bronze, enamel Empire, ...Category
Antique 1810s French Empire Mantel ClocksMaterials
Bronze, EnamelH 15.36 in. W 7.49 in. D 6.3 in.$4,967 Sale Price21% Off
- Located in Greven, DEVery rare pendule with boat automat France Firegilt and patinated bronze Charles X, circa 1840 Dimensio...Category
Antique 1830s French Charles X Mantel ClocksMaterials
BronzeH 16.54 in. W 10.24 in. D 5.12 in.$8,383
You May Also Like
Jaeger LeCoultre Gold-Plated Atmos Clock
Located in Norwich, GB
Jaeger LeCoultre Gold-plated Atmos clock with round dial and Roman numerals. Ruby jewelled movement signed ‘Jaeger-Le-Coultre’ with oscillating pendulum. Outstanding enginee...
Vintage 1980s Swiss Other Mantel Clocks
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rhodium-Plated Royale Atmos Clock, circa 1974
Located in Melbourne, Victoria
A rare Swiss Atmos Royale clock, circa 1974 the rhodium plated framed five glass body exposing the internal mechanism within, centered by a striking lapis style dial, with perpetual ...
20th Century Swiss Mantel Clocks
Jaeger Le Coultre Tuxedo Atmos Clock
Located in Norwich, GB
JAEGER LE COULTRE Tuxedo Atmos clock with Ruby jewelled movement signed ‘Jaeger Le Coultre’. Silvered dial with baton numerals and original gold plated hands. Oscillating inden...
Vintage 1960s Swiss Other Mantel Clocks
Jaeger-LeCoultre Alarm Clock
Located in Norwich, GB
Jaeger -LeCoultre Alarm clock Fine quality gold plated strut case with raised engine turned ‘swirl’ effect rectangle holding the oval dial with baton markers. Original lumino...
Vintage 1970s Swiss More Clocks
Jaeger-LeCoultre Mystery Mantel Clock
Located in Norwich, GB
Jaeger-LeCoultre mystery clock in a Lucite case with beautiful chinoiserie decoration featuring a bird in flight and standing on a gilded stepped base. Eight day ‘in line’ movemen...
Vintage 1960s Swiss Modern Mantel Clocks
Jaeger-LeCoultre Mantel Clock Lucite and Brass, circa 1960
Located in Forest Row, East Sussex
Jaeger-LeCoultre mantel clock in a Lucite case with chinoiserie decoration featuring a phoenix rising. Set over a gilded brass stepped base. Eight day movement by Jaeger-LeCoultre wi...
Vintage 1960s Swiss Mantel Clocks
Rare Art Deco Clock by Jaeger-LeCoultre, circa 1930
Located in Devon, England
This is for a beautiful original and extremely stylish Art Deco desktop alarm clock made by Jaeger LeCoultre. It dates to the 1930s, it has a 30 hour movement and it has a gold toned...
Mid-20th Century Swiss Art Deco Carriage Clocks and Travel Clocks
"Jaeger-Lecoultre Model Marina Clock", Switzerland, 1960s
Located in Rijssen, NL
Jaeger-LeCoultre marina chinoiserie mantel clock. Gilt brass and Lucite with exceptional applied birds and tree details. Measures: Height 6 1/2?, width 8 1/2?, depth 2"'. Conditio...
Vintage 1960s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Table Clocks and Desk Clocks