- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Curtis Jere Sailboat Sculpture
- CreatorCurtis Jere (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 41 in. (104.14 cm)Width: 46.5 in. (118.11 cm)Depth: 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1976
- Conditionoriginal patina.
- Seller LocationBROOKLYN, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1793227797912
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: BROOKLYN, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
Though the name Curtis Jeré is familiar to many as the maker of ebullient and eccentric modern design from the 1960s and ‘70s, relatively few are aware that it is a pseudonym for the design team of Curtis Freiler and Jerry Fels. Together, the two created some of the most striking and vivid furnishings and decorative objects of their era, from sculptures and dynamically framed mirrors, to lighting and wall decorations.
New Yorkers Freiler and Fels had collaborated for two decades on small jewelry lines before launching a design company called Artisan House in 1964. They combined variants of their names to create an artful persona — sometimes shortened to C. Jeré; the "surname" is pronounced with a rising inflection: jhayr-EH — that stood behind large-scale decorative metalwork, marked by semi-abstract petal forms with burnt and brazed edges. Fels served as head of design, and Freiler, known for his keen handiwork, was the production chief. The pair’s eclectic metalwork has captivated decorative art collectors and interior designers ever since.
The work of Curtis Jeré displays a sense of playfulness and curiosity, while drawing on inspirations and themes that include flowers, discs, geometric forms and animal figures. Freiler and Fels had a masterful ability to work with different materials, such as patinated brass and brilliant chrome.
The price of a Curtis Jeré mirror, lamp, wall-mounted sculpture or tabletop sculpture can range from $400 to $12,000, depending on the size, the rarity of the piece, the intricacy of the metalwork and the materials used in its construction. Other factors like condition can affect the perceived value and, thus, the cost of works by Curtis Jeré.
As you will see on 1stDibs, the imaginative powers of the designers of Curtis Jeré pieces were boundless, and their creations will add a dash of verve in any room.
- Midcentury Colette Gueden Plant Stand SculptureBy Primavera, Colette GuedenLocated in BROOKLYN, NYVery rare Colette Gueden plant stand. France 1940s for Primavera. Made of steel and has recently been powder coated while keeping its metal unrestored. This beautiful sculpture is re...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Midcentury Harry Bertoia Sonambient SculptureBy Harry BertoiaLocated in BROOKLYN, NYMidcentury Harry Bertoia Sonambient sculpture featuring seven black monel "cat-tail" tops silvered to beryllium. Copper rods silvered to brass base. In fine condition. Measures: ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Adorable Mid-Century Ceramic Children by Lisa LarsonBy GustavsbergLocated in BROOKLYN, NYIn wonderful condition. This adorable ceramic set is designed by Lisa Larsen for Gustavsberg, Sweden.Category
Vintage 1960s Swedish Scandinavian Modern CeramicsMaterials
- Mid-Century Two-Tier Expandable Chrome Glass Side Coffee Table Bar CartBy Milo BaughmanLocated in BROOKLYN, NYMid-Century Modern two-tier round side or coffee table that expands if desired. Chrome frame with smoked tinted glass, on round castors. Style of Milo Baughman. Located in Brooklyn NYC.Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Coffee Table Glass Chrome Marble on CastersBy Milo BaughmanLocated in BROOKLYN, NYMid-Century Modern 1970s Glass & marble coffee table with a chrome flat bar frame on casters. Located in Brooklyn NYC Measures 38” x 25” x 16” high including castersCategory
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Carrara Marble, Chrome
- Mid-Century Verner Panton Pantonova Wire Cubes for Fritz HansenBy Verner Panton, Fritz HansenLocated in BROOKLYN, NYRare Mid-Century Verner Panton Pantonova wire cube for Fritz Hansen. They can be used as a stool or side table. Multiples can be configured into a wall unit. Priced per sectionCategory
Vintage 1970s Danish Mid-Century Modern BookcasesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1970s American Modern Mounted Objects
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1970s Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1970s American Brutalist Wall-mounted Sculptures
Metal, Brass, Copper
1990s North American Mid-Century Modern Mobiles and Kinetic Sculptures
1990s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Belgian Black Marble, Metal
21st Century and Contemporary American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculp...
Late 20th Century American Brutalist Animal Sculptures
Late 20th Century American Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Onyx, Chrome, Metal
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery