- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Oversize Dandelion Sculpture in Brass by Jere
- CreatorCurtis Jere (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 51 in. (129.54 cm)Diameter: 26 in. (66.04 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1970s
- ConditionVery good original condition.
- Seller LocationHighland, IN
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU9091824444
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Highland, IN
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Though the name Curtis Jeré is familiar to many as the maker of ebullient and eccentric modern design from the 1960s and ‘70s, relatively few are aware that it is a pseudonym for the design team of Curtis Freiler and Jerry Fels. Together, the two created some of the most striking and vivid furnishings and decorative objects of their era, from sculptures and dynamically framed mirrors, to lighting and wall decorations.
New Yorkers Freiler and Fels had collaborated for two decades on small jewelry lines before launching a design company called Artisan House in 1964. They combined variants of their names to create an artful persona — sometimes shortened to C. Jeré; the "surname" is pronounced with a rising inflection: jhayr-EH — that stood behind large-scale decorative metalwork, marked by semi-abstract petal forms with burnt and brazed edges. Fels served as head of design, and Freiler, known for his keen handiwork, was the production chief. The pair’s eclectic metalwork has captivated decorative art collectors and interior designers ever since.
The work of Curtis Jeré displays a sense of playfulness and curiosity, while drawing on inspirations and themes that include flowers, discs, geometric forms and animal figures. Freiler and Fels had a masterful ability to work with different materials, such as patinated brass and brilliant chrome.
The price of a Curtis Jeré mirror, lamp, wall-mounted sculpture or tabletop sculpture can range from $400 to $12,000, depending on the size, the rarity of the piece, the intricacy of the metalwork and the materials used in its construction. Other factors like condition can affect the perceived value and, thus, the cost of works by Curtis Jeré.
As you will see on 1stDibs, the imaginative powers of the designers of Curtis Jeré pieces were boundless, and their creations will add a dash of verve in any room.
- Abstract Floral Wall Sculpture in Brass by JereBy Curtis JereLocated in Highland, INA fluid, organic wall sculpture in the form of a stylized plant form rendered in brass by Jere. Signed and dated.Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- Aluminum Sculpture by Aharon BezalelBy Aharon BezalelLocated in Highland, INThe two abstracted figures in this cast aluminium piece by Israeli sculptor Aharon Bezalel b.1926 are very evocative. One seated, one standing, both stripped of their individual iden...Category
Vintage 1970s Israeli Mid-Century Modern SculpturesMaterials
- Abstract Geometric Sculpture in Steel and StringLocated in Highland, INA compelling composition made by hand with an interesting combination of materials, this piece is both art and architecture. A series of connected steel disks form the substructure o...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Abstract Wood Sculpture by Arthur RossfieldBy Arthur RossfieldLocated in Highland, INDating from the late 1950s, this dynamic sculpture by New England artist Arthur Rossfield is a visual delight. Equally interesting from any angle, partially painted, the wood form un...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern SculpturesMaterials
- Abstract Bush Form Sculpture by KafkaBy George KafkaLocated in Highland, INThis compelling sculpture in brazed brass sits on a walnut base. Reminiscent of Bertoi'a bush forms, the piece has a very dynamic composition. Signed and dated on one of the “leaf” e...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern SculpturesMaterials
- Abstract Wall Sculpture in Iron, Bronze and CopperLocated in Highland, INThis terrific sculpture has a wonderfull linear composition created with iron brick nails welded with bronze and a patchwork of copper. It is signed on the reverse.Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
Bronze, Copper, Steel
You May Also Like
Vintage 1970s American Modern Mounted Objects
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern Mounted Objects
Late 20th Century American Sculptures
Marble, Brass, Chrome
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
Marble, Metal, Brass
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Figurative Sculptures
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Late 20th Century American Modern Sculptures
Vintage 1980s American Modern Animal Sculptures
Mid-20th Century American Brutalist Animal Sculptures