Chandelier, brass by Angelo Lelii for Arredoluce, Italy, 1950s.
This elegant and organic pendant with admirable patinated brass hand-hammered leafs is designed by Angelo Lelli and part of the midcentury design collection by Morentz. The chandelier consists of a brass shaft from which six brass leaves 'sprout'. The leaves fan out in a precisely thought out manner yet they appear as if they have grown like this in a natural way. Very distinct and rare lamp by Lelli. The lamp is part of a larger series by Lelii of both floor and ceiling lamp.
Please note that the lamp comes with an authenticity hologram from the Arredoluce archives.
Angelo Lelii (1911 – 1989) was an Italian lamp designer who founded Arredoluce in 1947. He has not received any formal training, he is thus an autodidact. He has designed hundreds of sculptural lamps and has won many prizes such as the Milan Triennal price for design.
Excellent. This light has been completely checked by the in-house restoration atelier of Morentz. The art historical research has been done in a collaboration between the art historical department of Morentz and the official Arredoluce archive.