Vintage Ralph Lauren Mahogany Scalloped Wingback Sleigh Queen Bed
About the Item
- Creator:Ralph Lauren (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 58.5 in (148.59 cm)Width: 67.5 in (171.45 cm)Depth: 86 in (218.44 cm)
- Style:French Provincial (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa Late 20th-Early 21st Century
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Beautiful condition, keeping in mind that this is vintage and not new so will have signs of use and wear. We have touched up some small nicks and dings but nothing major. Please see photos and zoom in for details. We try to show flaws.
- Seller Location:Topeka, KS
- Reference Number:Seller: HOS-BED-0301stDibs: LU1873331565322
To suggest that Ralph Lauren has come a long way is an understatement. From his humble beginnings as a tie salesman working out of a drawer at New York’s Empire State Building, he grew one of the world’s largest and most successful fashion empires from scratch.
For decades, Ralph Lauren’s clothing brand has blended classic, preppy Americana East Coast-style with the look of upper-crust English aristocracy. This style is the hallmark of Ralph Lauren’s design and can be seen in all facets of his brand, from its vintage apparel, accessories and jewelry to furniture and décor.
The iconic fashion designer was born Ralph Rueben Lifshitz in New York City and grew up in the Bronx. When he and his brother were in their teens, they changed their surname from Lifshitz to Lauren after being teased about it at school. Later on, Lauren took business classes at night, worked at various menswear retailers and did a stint in the U.S. Army. While working at tie manufacturer Beau Brummel, he was inspired to create his own line of ties.
In 1967, Lauren launched “Polo,” ties handmade from high-quality fabrics featuring a wide design. They were a success. Lauren sold $500,000 worth to retail giants Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus and Paul Stuart in his first year.
Lauren expanded his designs into clothing, with his first menswear line of classic tweed suits in 1968 and, in 1971, his first line of womenswear featuring classic feminine tailoring. Lauren’s nostalgic fashion soon captured the eye of Hollywood. He created costumes for the 1974 adaptation of The Great Gatsby and was responsible for Diane Keaton’s distinctive feminine menswear look in 1977’s Annie Hall. Ralph Lauren’s designs have since garnered national and international acclaim and recognition — from Gwyneth Paltrow’s iconic pink 1999 Oscars dress to becoming the official outfitter of Team USA for the Olympics since 2008.
In 2018, Ralph Lauren celebrated his 50th anniversary with a star-studded fashion show and, in 2019, was awarded an honorary knighthood — the highest British honor — for services to fashion.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Topeka, KS
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Campaign Style Thomasville Furn Mystique 3 Section Modular Queen Bed & ArmoiresBy ThomasvilleLocated in Topeka, KSWonderful campaign style modular wall unit bedroom or bed set up with side armoires comprised of dark wood, removeable mirrors, lights, full/queen headboard, and brass hardware by Thomasville Furniture. Beautiful condition, keeping in mind that this is vintage and not new so will have signs of use and wear. The top of the headboard has been refinished but the rest of the pieces have their original finish. No outstanding flaws that we have detected. Please see photos and zoom in for details. We attempt to portray any imperfections. Circa, 1970’s. Can a girl (or guy) ever have Too many options??? We think Not!!! Seriously!! Take another look at this Extremely cool, Extremely modular “Mystique” wall unit or bedroom set up by Tomlinson Furniture. So many options…We say that because the center, larger unit can be used as a headboard for a full or queen-sized bed. You just need a Hollywood frame, and it backs right up against the headboard which has drop front storage for extra pillows or blankets! The four mirrors are removeable so if you prefer you could take them off and expose a blank wall or hang your favorite piece of artwork. Plus, there are lights at the top of the crown unit and a shelf to hold a lamp, books, or décor! Now, it’s nice to have the two side cabinets in your bedroom if you need the space for storage…there is hanging space in the top wardrobe area and three nice sized drawer’s underneath…AND there are knobs immediately beneath the wardrobe section that pull out into a nightstand surface with a black laminate top!! SO NICE!! BUT…maybe it’s a little much for the space you have, and you want to break it up a bit. NO PROBLEM! The two side pier cabinets are modular and can stand individually in separate rooms or could set side by side in one room. Maybe you want to use the two pier cabinets in a second bedroom and put a beautiful brass bed between them and use the center unit in a different bedroom. The whole unit is comprised of a gorgeous sultry dark wood and the cabinets have beautiful brass escutcheons, teardrop pulls, and hardware. There are truly so many interchangeable possibilities with this wonderful campaign style wall unit and it is made with impeccable quality by an iconic manufacturer. You just can’t go wrong! The original Thomasville furniture company was founded in 1904. At the time, it was called the Thomasville chair company since the company focused on producing chairs exclusively. Over the next few decades, the catalog expanded to include additional furniture pieces. During this time, the original company went through several owners; despite this, the company still experienced financial success even through economic hardship of the 1930s. Vintage pieces from the Thomasville Furniture company run the gamut from chairs to dining room furniture and many different types of furniture in between. The earliest pieces from the company when it was still known as the Thomasville Chair Company are considered the most rare and valuable. If you are looking for authentic Thomasville vintage pieces, you will need to find them on the secondhand market. Thomasville Furniture is one of the most recognized furniture companies in America. You can count on Thomasville furniture for incredible dining room and bedroom furniture. – vintage furniture guide...Category
Vintage 1970s American Campaign Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Chinoiserie Chinese Elm Wedding Opium Canopy Queen Bed Hand Carved Asian DesignLocated in Topeka, KSPhenomenal vintage chinoiserie Chinese Wedding opium canopy bed comprised of Chinese elm and all-over hand carved Asian gilded designs. It will hold a queen size mattress and is made up of 60+ individual pieces but will be shipped partially assembled. Beautiful condition, keeping in mind that this is vintage and not new so will have signs of use and wear. Its overall age patina, consisting of nicks, dings, scratches, cracks, possible missing details, and wear to finish is considered part of its beauty. We have used the original method of tightening joints for stability, tapered shims. Many are original and we have added more in areas for stability. Please see photos and zoom in for details. We attempt to portray any imperfections. Circa, Mid 19th – Mid 20th Century. There are beds. And then, there are beds that are a work of art… and this Chinese wedding opium canopy bed is an ABSOLUTE ASIAN MASTERPIECE!! This stunning vintage canopy bed...Category
Early 20th Century Chinese Chinoiserie Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Art Deco Revival Black Gold Flattened Metal Tube Queen Bed by Michele ArchiuttiLocated in Topeka, KSLovely Art Deco Revival black and gold accent filled flattened metal tube queen side bed signed by Michele Archiutti. Beautiful condition, keeping in mind t...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Art Deco Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Antique French Carved Walnut and Upholstered Twin Bed with Asian Figural FabricLocated in Topeka, KSHandsome antique French carved walnut twin bed upholstered in a contemporary Asian figural fabric. It is in fabulous recently restored condition. Steel braces have been applied to the back of the headboard to aid in strengthening the bed. Please see photos. Originally circa mid-late 19th century. Holy...Category
Antique 19th Century French Provincial Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Vintage Chinoiserie Hand Carved Canopy Daybed Style of Chinese Wedding BedLocated in Topeka, KSMagnificent vintage Chinoiserie hand carved canopy daybed in the style of a Chinese wedding bed, comprised of Rosewood colored stained wood, soft f...Category
20th Century Unknown Chinoiserie Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Antique Victorian Walnut and Burl Walnut Tall Lincoln Style Full Size BedLocated in Topeka, KSGorgeous antique Victorian tall Lincoln style full size bed in solid walnut and walnut burl with footboard and side rails. It is in wonderful original vintage condition. That does not mean it is without beautiful age patina of marks and distressing from over 100 years of use. The very top of the carved crown on the headboard had cracked and broken away and been lost over the years. But one of our staff artisans has hand carved a replacement. It is spectacular. There is also some new bracing to the back of the headboard to help with stability. Please see photos, circa mid-late 19th century. When I was a teenager this high Victorian style of bed is what my mom (a very talented interior designer) put in my bedroom (previously I had a white and pink frilly canopy bed my dad made me) and it remained in her home long after I left. In my room it was paired with the matching Victorian dresser and washstand as nightstand. Beautiful. Fast forward a few years and I installed that very same high Victorian walnut bed in my 8-year-old only granddaughter’s bedroom. But this time I paired it with Industrial stainless-steel vintage hospital nightstands...Category
Antique 19th Century American High Victorian Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Top Pick Ralph Lauren Amaranth Hoxton Wingback Sleigh King Size BedBy Ralph LaurenLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this stunning handmade in America, RRP £16,500, Ralph Lauren Amaranth Hoxton Wingback fabric and American Mahogany Chesterfield King Size bed A ...Category
20th Century American American Classical Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Solid Mahogany King Size Bedframe, Sleigh Bed, Ralph Lauren StyleBy Ralph LaurenLocated in Stamford, CTSolid Mahogany King Size Bedframe, Sleigh bed, Ralph Lauren style A magnificent headboard and footboard with running sideboards depicting a sleigh ...Category
2010s Philippine Regency Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Ralph Lauren Modern Metropolis Bed in MahoganyBy Ralph LaurenLocated in NYC, NYA Queen-Sized Ralph Lauren bed in a beautiful mahogany veneer with Prelle black silk velvet from Paris upholstered on the headboard and footboard.Category
2010s Modern Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- Caned Regency Sleigh Queen BedLocated in Westwood, NJA Regency style Anglo-Indian bed. With a modestly scrolled headboard and footboard with caned panels. Reeded rails, flowerhead carved roundels, scroll...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Vietnamese Regency Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery