Art Deco Style
About the Item
- Creator:Assouline Publishing (Retailer)
- Dimensions:Height: 1.4 in (3.56 cm)Width: 9.75 in (24.77 cm)Depth: 13 in (33.02 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:Other,Other
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2021
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:Available Now
- Seller Location:NEW YORK, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: 97816498002201stDibs: LU2549326082282
Assouline Publishing has made the coffee-table book cool again. The revolutionary company is best known for sumptuously illustrated books on fashion, art, travel and photography. Its exquisite hardcover volumes are beautiful to look at and are of impeccable editorial quality.
Assouline Publishing was established in 1994 by Prosper and Martine Assouline. The family company quickly outgrew its modest initial office, which was located in the basement of what was then the couple’s apartment, and the pair eventually opened a proper office on rue Danielle Casanova in the French capital city. Assouline’s initial offerings focused on designers, artists and fashion houses, with books about Azzedine Alaïa, Dior and Chanel captivating readers in the publisher’s early days. These books have sold millions of copies all over the world.
Owing to the decline of print media, luxury companies found in Assouline a venue to help showcase their products and adequately position their branding in front of consumers. From its earliest days, Assouline has published opulent hardcovers that broke the mold, from illustrated tomes celebrating fashion legends and high-society doyens to hand-bound limited-edition art monographs with Italian linen covers.
While books remain at the forefront of Assouline, the publishing house has also expanded into producing alluring decorative objects and furnishings for the home.
Today, Alex Assouline, the son of Prosper and Martine, heads Assouline Publishing. Under his guidance, the brand developed a lucrative new branch that is focused on curating private libraries for homes, offices, hotels and other commercial properties.
On 1stDibs, find collectible Assouline books and other items today.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Rutherford, NJ
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Pop Art StyleBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYIn the 1950s, a young man from Pittsburgh named Andy Warhol was earning a comfortable living as a commercial illustrator in New York City. But his ambitions went well beyond that; so...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American BooksMaterials
- Aspen StyleBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYWhat began as a small mining camp during the Colorado, silver boom of the late 19th century has since become the preferred getaway of the world’s elite. Treasured for what’s above ground rather than below, Aspen, Colorado, has a storied history almost as dense as the directory of A-listers who have adopted the jewel of Pitkin County as their second home, or who have settled in its slopes indefinitely. From the “fortified compound” that was Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm, to John Denver’s “Starwood in Aspen,” to the scores of financial titans who also call the mountain home, Aspen has long drawn an eclectic and wide-ranging crowd. With an introduction from long time resident Aerin Lauder, founder and creative director of Aerin, Aspen Style...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BooksMaterials
- Chinese Art The Impossible CollectionBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYOver the last century, China has experienced a period of growth more rapid and utterly transforming than any other nation has experienced in modern history. How can we begin to understand the country that has emerged from such a dramatic era of change? Perhaps the answer can be found in China’s art. Certainly, that is what renowned art collectors Adrian Cheng and John Dodelande argue in their forthcoming volume, Chinese Art: The Impossible Collection. After all, China’s history as a land of enormous influence stretches back to its dynastic past, and the nation’s art has always been in conversation with its customs. The most highly anticipated volume in Assouline’s exclusive Ultimate series, Chinese Art: The Impossible Collection spotlights 100 works of contemporary art that reveal the social, political, and cultural evolution of a nation on the rise. Thoughtfully curated by Cheng and Dodelande, the 100 works are presented in chronological order, beginning with traditional paintings from the turn of the twentieth century and culminating with some of the most cutting-edge works by China’s “new generation” of artists, whose creations explore and often critique the politics that have defined China’s rapid growth into a new world power. The particular themes and conversations that these 100 works raise are glossed in essays and commentary from three of the world’s foremost experts on Chinese Art—Philip Tinari of the UCAA in Beijing, Alexandra Munroe of the Guggenheim in New York, and Karen Smith...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BooksMaterials
- Ken Fulk: The Movie in My MindBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NY**Pre-order starting June 1 - books will commence shipping on June 15th** For over 30 years interior designer and worldbuilder extraordinaire Ken Fulk has...Category
2010s American BooksMaterials
- Chanel The Impossible CollectionBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYMore than any other designer of her era, Gabrielle Chanel had the ability to predict the evolution of contemporary fashion. Self-inventor extraordinaire, Chanel revolutionized the lifestyle of her time by inventing a modern concept of luxe minimalism, elevating humble fabrics such as jersey and tweed to couture status, giving birth to a new Silhouette both sophisticated and discreet, setting her stamp on the twentieth century with her modern spirit of understated luxury. The house of Chanel represents modern fashion. Under its founder, the style of the modern woman was invented, through the image of Gabrielle Chanel herself. She dressed women to be free, and her emancipated clothes reflected the shifting landscape of society. Her designs fundamentally affected what we wear, and how we wear it. The work of the house under her successor Karl Lagerfeld has transformed fashion anew: He drew the template for a fashion designer reviving a moribund house with elements from its own history. Just as Chanel created modern fashion, Lagerfeld in turn established the blueprint of the modern fashion house. She reshaped the clothes women wear, he reshaped the industry that makes them. This book is a literary museum exhibition, a curated selection of 100 iconic and signature looks of the house of Chanel, from the timeless Little Black Dress to the impeccably simple tweed suit, the apothecary-style perfume bottle, two-tone pumps...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BooksMaterials
- Rolex: The Impossible CollectionBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYFor more than a century, Rolex stands apart as the most coveted and most legendary brand of watches in the world. A Rolex connotes many things: the quintessence of the luxury timepiece, a tool of power for movers and shakers, the symbol of passage into adulthood. New labels pop up, styles come and go, but the brand at the top never changes. Ever the record setter—the Daytona that had belonged to Paul Newman was auctioned by Phillips in New York in October 2017 for $17.8 million—it comes as no surprise that Rolex is the most collected watch label in the world. The history of Rolex is rooted in the visionary spirit of its founder, Hans Wilsdorf. In 1905, young Wilsdorf founded a company in London for the distribution of timepieces, but his true dream was to produce wristwatches—in their infancy at the time, and not very precise—that would be technically durable and reliable, and supremely elegant. The company first concentrated on producing the highest quality movements, and this quest for precision rapidly led to the first wristwatch in the world...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American BooksMaterials
- Art Deco Styled Pavel Buhre Campaign Style Tonneau Shaped Gold WatchLocated in Budapest, HUArt Deco styled Pavel Buhre campaign style Tonneau shaped gold watch A Pavel Buhre campaign style Tonneau shaped gold watch with blued steel hands for sal...Category
Vintage 1930s Swiss Art Deco Collectible JewelryMaterials
- French Art Deco Elephant Figurine in the Cubist StyleLocated in Austin, TXA fine French Art Deco elephant figurine in the cubist style with a lustrous, iridescent black ceramic glaze.Category
Mid-20th Century French Art Deco Animal SculpturesMaterials
Ceramic, Pottery, Earthenware
- Barclay Butera "Living in Style" Coffee Table BookBy Assouline Publishing, Barclay ButeraLocated in North Hollywood, CABarclay Butera "Living in Style" large coffee table book. Publisher: Assouline (2008), (New York). Edition: First Edition. Hardcover Interior designer Barclay Butera makes his publishing debut with this visual compilation of his most iconic work. A young and celebrated star of the design community, Butera creates clean, classical interiors known for their luxury and livability. His work is inspired by a plethora of elements, from the glamour of midcentury Hollywood to the sophistication of Europe and the exoticism of the Far East. Butera s experience in the interior design business began at a young age while working with his mother, who designed the interiors of homes all over the world. At age twenty-five, he started his own company. Barclay Butera explores five themes in the designer s work: Desert, City, Mountain, Beach, and Town & Country. In this stunning edition brimming with exciting design ideas, the author invites readers to explore both the small details and the larger motifs that come together in an enviable interior. About the designer: Since 1994, Barclay Butera has been the creative force behind his prestigious design firm and showroom in Newport Beach, California. His success in Newport prompted Butera to establish showrooms in Park City, Utah, and Corona del Mar, California. Butera is renowned for his approachable elegance and glamorous, coastal-chic interiors. In addition to his thriving interior design business, Butera’s venture into licensing has landed him an unprecedented number of the industry’s most respected partners including: Bradburn Home...Category
20th Century American Expressionist BooksMaterials
- Art Deco Styled Industrial General Electric Medical Sun Floor LampBy Canadian General ElectricLocated in Hamilton, OntarioThis Art Deco Industrial floor sun lamp was made by General Electric of Canada is approximately 1940, most likely for the medical industry. The lamp is done with a heavy stepped meta...Category
Mid-20th Century Canadian Art Deco Floor LampsMaterials
- French Wall Crucifix Art Deco Style with Brass Column MidcenturyLocated in Labrit, LandesFrench midcentury wall crucifix with four brass columns In the style Art Deco Good antique condition for its age with minor marks of use.Category
Mid-20th Century French Art Deco Religious ItemsMaterials
- Mappin & Webb Ltd Art Deco Style Sterling Silver Cigarette BoxBy Mappin & WebbLocated in Jesmond, Newcastle Upon TyneAn exceptional, fine and impressive vintage Elizabeth II English sterling silver cigarette box in the Art Deco style; an addition to the ornamental silverware collection. This exc...Category
Vintage 1960s English Art Deco Cigar Boxes and HumidorsMaterials
Silver, Sterling Silver
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Lotus Between the Finger Ring set in 18k White GoldBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in Miami, FLRETAIL PRICE: $35,100.00 BRILLIANCE PRICE: $29,800.00 A symbol of beauty, purity and fulfillment, the lotus flower has inspired Van Cleef & Arpels to create dazzling and harmonious jewelry creations. Different types of diamond setting showcase the Maison's High Jewelry expertise. Designer: Van Cleef & Arpels Collection: Flora Style: Lotus Between The Finger Ring...Category
2010s French Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Scalloped Walnut Bar CartLocated in Los Angeles, CABeautiful walnut wood bar cart newly made in Los Angeles. Rectangular cart with two tiers and carved wavy scalloped detail on shelf edges. Curved wood handles and 3 bottle compartmen...Category
2010s American Carts and Bar CartsMaterials
- A large silk square/head scarf, 'The Swarm Of Cherubs', Vivienne Westwood, 1980sBy Vivienne WestwoodLocated in Greyabbey, County DownFor this scarf design, Vivienne Westwood borrowed a detail from J.H. Fragonard's painting a 'Swarm of Cherubs' to create an ornate and Baroque head scarf. Designed in 1991, it is mad...Category
1990s British Scarves
- Le Bambole Leather Sofa Design Mario Bellini 1978 for B&B ItaliaBy Mario Bellini, B&B ItaliaLocated in Offenburg, Baden Wurthembergcognac leather Le Bambole-seater Sofa designed by Mario Bellini for B&B Italia in 1978. Price per sofa, second matching sofa available. The Bambole series today is a true icon amo...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Post-Modern SofasMaterials
- 18K Solid Gold Orchid Sculpture Artist Ring YBA Marc Quinn Artwork Wearable ArtBy Marc QuinnLocated in Surfside, FLMarc Quinn 18k Large Gold Orchid Ring Measurements: Ring size 7, ring top is 38mm x 37mm Hallmarked: MQ PE 750 Weight: 26 grams Quinn has used orchids repeatedly and thematically in his sculptures and these unique pieces are inspired by the artist's ongoing 'Flower sculptures' series. Like their inspiration, these works are described by Quinn as the most magical transformation of reality into art - rendered intimately for personal wear. Artist Marc Quinn known for his voluptuous hyper-real, super-bright flower and that famous golden statue of Kate Moss doing yoga has made a very limited edition of these yellow gold rings. He has made white bronze sculptures as well as white gold jewelry for Selfridges in London. Quinn has used orchids repeatedly as a motif in his work. Major artists such as Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder, Salvador Dalí, Lucio Fontana and Roy Lichtenstein and Claude and Xavier Lalanne have sall made artists Art Jewelry. These unique pieces are inspired by the artist's ongoing 'Flower sculptures' series. These have been included in the Dine Venet collection as well as in the Louisa Guinness gallery collection. (She has commissioned works by Anish Kapoor, Claude Lalanne, Marc Quinn and Ron Arad). Quinn first came to public attention in the early 1990s through his affiliation with the Young British Artists (YBAs). Among his earliest and best-known works is Self (1991), a cast of his head made from ten pints of Quinn’s frozen blood, an amount equal to the volume in his body. In a 2013 interview, the artist said that the YBA movement had been about “bringing real life into art.” In both Self and Spiral of the Galaxy, Quinn’s urge is holistic and metaphysical, a desire to translate the substance of life into image. Young British Artists, or YBAs—also referred to as Brit artists and Britart—is a loose group of visual artists who first began to exhibit together in London in 1988. Many of the YBA artists graduated from the BA Fine Art course at Goldsmiths, in the late 1980s, whereas some from the group had trained at Royal College of Art. Leading artists of the group include Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin. The core of the YBA group graduated from the Goldsmiths BA Fine Art degree course in the classes of 1987–90. Liam Gillick, Fiona Rae, Steve Park and Sarah Lucas, were graduates in the class of 1987. Ian Davenport, Michael Landy, Gary Hume, Anya Gallaccio, Lala Meredith-Vula, Henry Bond, Angela Bulloch, were graduates in the class of 1988; Damien Hirst, Angus Fairhurst, Mat Collishaw, Simon Patterson, and Abigail Lane, were graduates from the class of 1989; whilst Gillian Wearing, and Sam Taylor-Wood, were graduates from the class of 1990, and Jason Martin was graduated with the class of 1993. During the years 1987–1990, the teaching staff on the Goldsmiths BA Fine Art included Jon Thompson, Richard Wentworth, Michael Craig-Martin, Ian Jeffrey, Helen Chadwick, Mark Wallinger, Judith Cowan and Glen Baxter...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
Yves Saint Laurent Empowered Individual Style with Gender-Blurring Designs
The trailblazing designer set out to reimagine fashion and, in the course of his 40-year career, created many looks that today are considered timeless classics.
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.