About the Item
- Creator:Assouline Publishing (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 13 in (33.02 cm)Width: 9.7 in (24.64 cm)Depth: 1.5 in (3.81 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2021
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:Available Now
- Seller Location:NEW YORK, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: 97816498004351stDibs: LU2549330303872
Assouline Publishing has made the coffee-table book cool again. The revolutionary company is best known for sumptuously illustrated books on fashion, art, travel and photography. Its exquisite hardcover volumes are beautiful to look at and are of impeccable editorial quality.
Assouline Publishing was established in 1994 by Prosper and Martine Assouline. The family company quickly outgrew its modest initial office, which was located in the basement of what was then the couple’s apartment, and the pair eventually opened a proper office on rue Danielle Casanova in the French capital city. Assouline’s initial offerings focused on designers, artists and fashion houses, with books about Azzedine Alaïa, Dior and Chanel captivating readers in the publisher’s early days. These books have sold millions of copies all over the world.
Owing to the decline of print media, luxury companies found in Assouline a venue to help showcase their products and adequately position their branding in front of consumers. From its earliest days, Assouline has published opulent hardcovers that broke the mold, from illustrated tomes celebrating fashion legends and high-society doyens to hand-bound limited-edition art monographs with Italian linen covers.
While books remain at the forefront of Assouline, the publishing house has also expanded into producing alluring decorative objects and furnishings for the home.
Today, Alex Assouline, the son of Prosper and Martine, heads Assouline Publishing. Under his guidance, the brand developed a lucrative new branch that is focused on curating private libraries for homes, offices, hotels and other commercial properties.
On 1stDibs, find collectible Assouline books and other items today.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Rutherford, NJ
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Red Sea, The Saudi CoastBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYBordering the coastlines of eight countries, the Red Sea is a melting pot of civilizations, faiths and hopes. With unique coral reefs and diverse underwater life...Category
2010s American BooksMaterials
- Impossible Collection of JewelryBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYIn this magnificent collection of the most spectacular jewels of the twentieth century, fine jewelry historian Vivienne Becker selects the quintessential bijoux that represent the milestones of jewelry design of the last one hundred years. From Art Nouveau to the brink of the new millennium, Becker’s selections range from the Wiener Werkstätte and Tiffany Studios, Egyptian-inspired Art Deco masterpieces by Cartier and midcentury designs by Verdura for Chanel, exquisite creations by DeBeers, Van Cleef & Arpels, and Graff, to modern designs from a new generation of innovative artists. A new addition to Assouline’s Ultimate Collection...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BooksMaterials
- Yachts: The Impossible CollectionBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYSince time immemorial, monarchs, nobility and the aristocracy have yearned to spend their leisure time on the water. From Cleopatra’s fabled luxury barge to Her Majesty’s Royal Yacht Britannia, from elegant Jazz Age vessels such as Nahlin, once chartered by King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson, to the swinging ’60s Hollywood royalty invited aboard Aristotle Onassis’ Christina O, the yachting scene has always attracted celebrities, high society and the top 0.1%. But with over three thousand sizable yachts currently in the global fleet, not to mention those legendary vessels that are sadly no longer in existence, how do we distinguish the crème de la crème of this exclusive breed? Yachts: The Impossible...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American BooksMaterials
- Hamptons PrivateBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NY“The Hamptons” is synonymous with luxury. Simply mentioning the name conjures images of poolside soirées, grandiose waterfront estates and endless days on the beach socializing with the upper echelon. But before this famed peninsula became the summer haunt of the glitterati, its forty miles of rolling sand dunes provided the perfect landscape for English settlers. Once New York high society caught wind of the charming hamlets and salty air, its members—from the Fords to the Vanderbilts—soon turned The Hamptons into a summer oasis. Next came the creatives seeking solitude, a place to write and sketch, away from the urban cacophony. John Steinbeck in Sag Harbor. Jackson Pollock in the Springs. And Andy Warhol in Montauk. Now, Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Calvin Klein, Madonna, Alec Baldwin and Martha Stewart all enjoy Hamptons homes...Category
2010s American BooksMaterials
- Marrakech FlairBy Assouline PublishingLocated in NEW YORK, NYIt has been said that Marrakech awakens all of the senses. Whether it is seeing the intricate zellige tilework; smelling the various spices sold at the souks; hearing the call to prayer emanate from the nearby mosques; touching the supple leather used to make a pair of babouches (leather sandals); tasting a flavorful tagine, Marrakech never fails to excite. Located just west of the Atlas Mountains, the city has been inhabited by Berber farmers for centuries. It has been dubbed the “Ochre City” because of the proliferation of red sandstone buildings and the red city walls, which now enclose the Medina, home to Jemaa el-Fnaa, one of the busiest squares in Africa. Marrakech overflows with culture and has been inspiring visitors for decades. From Yves Saint Laurent to Talitha Getty, Winston Churchill to Mick Jagger, Marrakech has attracted great icons inspired by its eternal spirit as well as its sweet, beautiful life. Yves Saint Laurent’s intimate relationship to this city lead to the opening of a museum dedicated to his legendary work. The annual Marrakech International Film Festival draws a prominent crowd. Museums abound, exhibiting Moroccan arts, photography, carpets, and the Andalusian design aesthetic that permeates the city’s architecture. La Mamounia hotel, opened in 1923, offers a storied history, which includes hosting guests such as Winston Churchill. Vanessa Branson’s El Fenn is a collection of traditional riads that form a stunning boutique hotel. There are countless ways to be immersed in the culture of Marrakech, but perhaps the best place to start is with a simple glass of mint tea. Dubbed the “It Girl” by Yves Saint Laurent in the early 1970s, Marisa Berenson is the original modern muse. Berenson transitioned into acting and delivered dazzling performances in iconic films including Cabaret directed by Bob Fosse and Stanley Kubrick’s production of Barry Lyndon...Category
2010s American BooksMaterials
- Signals of the Twenties, 1988By Assouline PublishingLocated in North Hollywood, CASignals of the Twenties. Modena, Happy Books, 1988 Measures: 12" x 8"5. Small book hard cover about signals.Category
Late 20th Century American Anglo-Indian BooksMaterials
- Maharaja's Jewels Table Book by Katherine Prior, AssoulineBy Assouline PublishingLocated in North Hollywood, CAThe stories of Indian princes and their jewelry and precious stones are brought together in this illustrated narrative tracing the rise and fall of India's leading royal houses through the dramatic fortunes of their crown jewels. Traditionally, precious metals and jewels have been, for Indians rich and poor, a repository of wealth and a status symbol. For the reigning families, jewels also had symbolic and religious significance. Also here are the original drawings by great European jewelers of the pieces they designed for their exotic and demanding clients. The text is both lively and scholarly, drawing from descriptions of such travelers as Marco Polo and Tavernier as well as Sanskrit dramatists extolling the riches of India. The core of this lavishly photographed book is the encounter between Indian princely magnificence and the best of European Jewellery designers in the 20th century when many of the Maharaja's travelled to Europe with trunks filled with traditional Indian jewels and unset stones...Category
Late 20th Century English Anglo-Indian BooksMaterials
- Cadillac 110 Years by Assouline Hardcover BookBy Assouline PublishingLocated in North Hollywood, CACadillac Limited Edition: 110 Years by Assouline. Kremer, Esther, Ed. New York: Assouline Publishing, 2012. First Edition; Second Printing. Hardcover. In celebration of 110 years of one of the most iconic brands in the world, Assouline presents the first luxury book on America's foremost luxury car. Cadillac takes readers on a visual journey through all the decades of its history. Here are presidents and Hollywood stars, closed-body cars and concept cars, the classic and the cutting-edge. Cadillac enthusiasts and car collectors...Category
2010s American Classical BooksMaterials
- Barclay Butera "Living in Style" Coffee Table BookBy Barclay Butera, Assouline PublishingLocated in North Hollywood, CABarclay Butera "Living in Style" large coffee table book. Publisher: Assouline (2008), (New York). Edition: First Edition. Hardcover Interior designer Barclay Butera makes his publishing debut with this visual compilation of his most iconic work. A young and celebrated star of the design community, Butera creates clean, classical interiors known for their luxury and livability. His work is inspired by a plethora of elements, from the glamour of midcentury Hollywood to the sophistication of Europe and the exoticism of the Far East. Butera s experience in the interior design business began at a young age while working with his mother, who designed the interiors of homes all over the world. At age twenty-five, he started his own company. Barclay Butera explores five themes in the designer s work: Desert, City, Mountain, Beach, and Town & Country. In this stunning edition brimming with exciting design ideas, the author invites readers to explore both the small details and the larger motifs that come together in an enviable interior. About the designer: Since 1994, Barclay Butera has been the creative force behind his prestigious design firm and showroom in Newport Beach, California. His success in Newport prompted Butera to establish showrooms in Park City, Utah, and Corona del Mar, California. Butera is renowned for his approachable elegance and glamorous, coastal-chic interiors. In addition to his thriving interior design business, Butera’s venture into licensing has landed him an unprecedented number of the industry’s most respected partners including: Bradburn Home...Category
20th Century American Expressionist BooksMaterials
- The Well-lived Life: One Hundred Years of House & GardenBy Assouline PublishingLocated in North Hollywood, CAThe Well-lived Life: One Hundred Years of House & Garden by Dominique Browning. Assouline Publishing, Inc. 2008. Large hardcover coffee table book. Size: 12 1/8" x 9 1/2" x 1" 1/4. House & Home - 238 pages. Few magazines can lay claim to a century of history or to having published work by some extraordinary and distinguished photographers and writers as House & Garden. Now, straight from the pages of this well-loved periodical, The Well-Lived Life presents a lavish chronicle of a country and a culture coming into its own, documenting America's continuing education in matters of house, home and garden over the course of the 20th century. Selecting high points from the magazine, this book surveys the growing confidence and imagination reflected in American interiors and entertaining over the last century -the dinners, picnics and parties of a country dedicated to welcoming others- and the changing definition of home. It also illuminates the joys -sedentary or sporting- Americans have always found in the out-of-doors. The Well-Lived Life surveys the landscape of our lawns and gardens...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American American Classical BooksMaterials
- American Fashion Hardcover Coffee Table Book Assouline 2007By Assouline PublishingLocated in North Hollywood, CAAmerican Fashion Hardcover Coffee Table Book Assouline 2007. American Fashion by Assouline, published in 2007 is a comprehensive and beautifully illustrated overview of the history o...Category
Early 2000s American Modern BooksMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
Yves Saint Laurent Empowered Individual Style with Gender-Blurring Designs
The trailblazing designer set out to reimagine fashion and, in the course of his 40-year career, created many looks that today are considered timeless classics.
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.