- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
Edwardian Terrestrial Geographia Tabletop Globe
Edwardian terrestrial Geographia tabletop globe. Edwardian terrestrial Geographia 10 inch tabletop globe standing on a raised stained mahogany stand. This globe is complete with it’s original colored paper gores, brass half meridian surmounted by a brass finial. The globe is in original condition with little wear and maintains a good color. There has been a small amount of restoration carried out but this in no way detracts from the beauty of the piece, circa 1920.
- CreatorGeographia, Ltd. (Designer, Maker)
- DimensionsHeight: 16.5 in. (41.91 cm)Width: 13.25 in. (33.66 cm)Depth: 13.25 in. (33.66 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1920
- ConditionRepaired: small amount of restoration to the globe but in good condition for it's age. Wear consistent with age and use. good condition.
- Seller LocationNorwich, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: riifuhvkkpkl1stDibs: LU4037322072862
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Norwich, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Norwich, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
1stDibs seller since 2018
15 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
The British Antique Dealers' AssociationLAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
More From This Seller
- By Geographia, Ltd.Located in Norwich, GBFine Miniature Terrestrial Geographia 6 inch table globe standing on an ebonised circular base with half meridia...Category
Vintage 1920s British GlobesMaterials
Wood, PaperH 11 in. W 6 in. D 6 in.$1,740
- Located in Norwich, GBEdwardian mahogany Grandmother clock standing on a stepped base with inset roundel, break arch pediment with lon...Category
Vintage 1910s English Edwardian Grandfather Clocks and Longcase ClocksMaterials
MahoganyH 68 in. W 11.5 in. D 9 in.$4,525
- Located in Norwich, GBEdwardian arch top mantel clock standing on brass ball feet with chinoiserie decoration on a red ground. Enam...Category
Vintage 1910s French Edwardian Mantel ClocksMaterials
WoodH 6.75 in. W 5 in. D 3 in.$1,461
- Located in Norwich, GBEdwardian mahogany Balloon clock standing on brass ball feet with boxwood and ebony chequered stringing and sati...Category
Antique Early 1900s French Edwardian Mantel ClocksMaterials
MahoganyH 8.5 in. W 5 in. D 3.25 in.$1,461
You May Also Like
Cram's Terrestrial Globe
Located in Napa, CA
Cram's 12 inch terrestrial globe.
Mid-20th Century North American Globes
Large Terrestrial Library Globe
Located in Nashville, TN
30 inch diameter library globe featuring Oklahoma with Indian territory, circa 1890. Maker is Johnston, Edinburgh, Scotland, a renowned British globe producer. Mounted on ebonised tu...
Antique Late 19th Century Scottish Globes
Replogle Terrestrial Floor Globe
By Replogle Globes
Located in Asbury Park, NJ
This floor globe by Replogle floats within a ring of walnut, supported by four 'turned' chrome stiles, which connect to a base of walnut. The globe rotates, spins and lights from wit...
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Globes
Late 19th Century Terrestrial Globe, French
Located in Firenze, IT
By Charles Delagrave, Paris. On ebonised turned wood stands with circular base, (30 x 30 x 50cm). Measures: 12 inch.
Antique 1890s French Napoleon III Globes
W. & A.K. Johnston Terrestrial Globe by Weber Costello
By W. & A.K. Johnston
Located in Milford, NH
A fine 12 inch terrestrial W. & A.K. Johnston copyright globe by Weber Costello of Chicago Heights, IL with embossed graduated cast iron Meridian ring, wooden horizon ring depicting ...
Early 20th Century American Globes
Terrestrial Globe with Wooden Base, Italy, 1880
By E. Pini
Located in Milan, IT
Large terrestrial papier mâché globe, 18 inches. Wooden pedestal. Signed E. Pini Milano, G. Gussoni publisher, Italy, circa 1880.
Antique 19th Century Italian Globes
19th Century German Miniature Pocket Terrestrial Globe
By C. Abel-Klinger
Located in Essex, MA
A miniature 19th century 3.5 inch diameter pocket terrestrial globe by C. Abel-Klinger, Nuremberg, Germany, in English for the English speaking markets. Signed with cartouche reading...
Antique 1880s German Scientific Instruments
Rare English Terrestrial Globe by Charles Smith, 1807
By Charles Smith & Son
Located in Kilmarnock, VA
The new 12 inch British terrestrial globe representing the accurate positions of the principal known places of the earth from the discoveries of Captain Cook and subsequent circumnav...
Antique Early 18th Century English Georgian Globes