An elegant pair of 19th century French Louis XVI style giltwood armchairs or fauteuils. Nicely-carved guilloche patterning on the arms, terminating in scrolls with acanthus leaves. The backs and front seat rails are decorated with carved laurel leaves and berries in the neoclassical manner. The legs are fluted "en asperge" (stylized asparagus detailing), with rosettes on the joints. Vintage silk upholstery.
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1890
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Good overall, with scattered minor chips, scrapes, wear, consistent with age and use. Structurally sound. Upholstery is vintage silk, which is not torn but contains stains, and we would recommend re-upholstering..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 40.25 in. x W 26.25 in. x D 25 in.
H 102.24 cm x W 66.68 cm x D 63.5 cm
- Seat height16.5 in. (41.91 cm)
- Seller locationPembroke, MA
- Seller reference number#2084
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference numberLU83856129153
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Pembroke, MA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like