- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Kelly Wearstler Morro Vanity Chair in Bouclé Spice
- CreatorKelly Wearstler (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 28 in. (71.12 cm)Width: 24.75 in. (62.87 cm)Depth: 27.25 in. (69.22 cm)Seat Height: 16.5 in. (41.91 cm)
- StyleModern (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2022
- Production TypeNew & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production TimeAvailable Now
- Seller LocationWest Hollywood, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU947028592762
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
When Kelly Wearstler started her namesake business, in 1995, she worked alone out of her Los Angeles apartment. “Sixteen-hour days, seven days a week,” she recalls. “The studio has truly grown organically over the years.”
Wearstler’s work in the early 2000s was classified as the new Hollywood Regency — much to her dismay. It’s easy to understand her reaction. Although the glam quotient of her projects jibed with the style, her aesthetic was far more sophisticated than that of the many wannabe designers who were merely peddling Dorothy Draper and William Haines retreads.
Today, Wearstler presides over a behemoth, many-tentacled enterprise. One part is involved with residential interior design for such high-profile clients as Cameron Diaz, Gwen Stefani and Ben Stiller. There is also a team dedicated to hospitality design, including for projects like the recently opened Proper Hotels’ properties — developed by her husband, Brad Korzen’s Kor Group — in Austin and Santa Monica. Then, there are her ever-expanding product designs in a multitude of categories: In 2019, she added new carpets and runners to her collection with The Rug Company, collaborated with Georg Jensen on a tableware and centerpiece collection and partnered with Ann Sacks on a line of encaustic tiles and with Lee Jofa on a line of fabrics and wallcoverings. Each season sees fresh additions to Wearstler’s lighting lines, as well.
Wearstler is drawn to furniture that is boldly scaled and, often, graphically patterned, mixing such pieces with one-off creations by artist designers like Roland Mellan, Lindsey Adelman, Katie Stout, Misha Kahn, Entler Studios, Susan for Susan and Anton Alvarez.
“For me, it is the power of the line,” says Wearstler. “I think it goes back to my love for graphic design. There is so much strength and beauty in the simple line. Pair this with geometries and artisanal fabrication, beautiful materiality and you have exceptional pieces of furniture. In essence, furniture as sculpture.”
Of course, no matter how distinct in style, both the early and most recent work springs from the same impulse. Wearstler’s signature approach to interiors has been described as marching right up to “over the top” then taking a step back. In that sense, Wearstler is doing what she has always done, albeit in a more confident way, with bigger budgets, a larger proportion of important furnishings and art and more of her own designs. The Hollywood glamour that got her noticed decades ago toed the same elusive line of good taste that her blend of blue-chip pieces, Memphis Group furniture and challenging works by emerging artist-designers does today.
Find Kelly Wearstler furniture on 1stDibs.
- Kelly Wearstler Morro Lounge Chair in White BoucléBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAUpholstered in the finest boucle fabric, the Morro lounge chair explores the language of color and texture in the signature curvaceous form that lends the collection its expressive c...Category
2010s American Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
Bouclé, Oak$11,500 / item
- Kelly Wearstler Morro Sofa in White BoucléBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAIntersecting spherical forms upholstered in boucle fabric, the Morro Sofa is a playful, yet sophisticated seating option.Category
2010s American Modern SofasMaterials
Bouclé, Oak$19,500 / item
- Kelly Wearstler Souffle Chair in Bubbly Wolf LeatherBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAWith its curvilinear form, bold massing, and thoughtful detailing, the Souffle Chair is a modern icon. This chair features solid cast burnished brass legs and a tightly upholstered b...Category
2010s American Modern ChairsMaterials
Brass$8,350 / item
- Kelly Wearstler Souffle Chair in Vole Neutral ShearlingBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAWith its curvilinear form, bold massing, and thoughtful detailing, the Souffle Chair is a modern icon. This chair features solid cast burnished brass legs and an upholstered body whi...Category
2010s American Modern ChairsMaterials
Brass$13,190 / item
- Souffle Chair 'Beige' by Kelly WearstlerBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAWith its curvilinear form, bold massing, and thoughtful detailing, the Souffle chair is a modern icon. This chair features solid cast burnished brass legs and an artisanal ruched bod...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern ChairsMaterials
Leather$8,780 / item
- Kelly Wearstler Morro Side Table in Sunset MarbleBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAThe hand-carved Morro side table exemplifies modernity through geometric simplicity and form. The monolithic top, base and three sculptural spheres compose the form. The table is ava...Category
2010s American Modern Side TablesMaterials
Marble$5,400 / item
You May Also Like
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Corner Chairs
2010s American Modern Lounge Chairs
2010s American Minimalist Side Chairs
2010s European Modern Chairs
2010s Modern Side Chairs
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Modern Chairs
Vintage 1980s American Modern Stools
2010s American Modern Chairs
21st Century and Contemporary American Mid-Century Modern Chairs
Aluminum, Brass, Steel
21st Century and Contemporary Mexican Modern Chairs
Recently ViewedView More
Why the Design World Is in the Midst of a Kelly Wearstler Moment
Three decades into her illustrious career, the Los Angeles–based designer continues to push boundaries.
Susanna Salk’s Favorite Designers Show Us How to Play with Patterns
Taking us on a whirlwind tour of spaces that use charming prints with aplomb, the interiors expert makes a compelling case for ditching staid solids when tackling your next decorating project.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery