Milo Baughman Lounge Chair and Ottoman
About the Item
- Creator:Milo Baughman (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 30 in (76.2 cm)Width: 34 in (86.36 cm)Depth: 40 in (101.6 cm)Seat Height: 14 in (35.56 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Date of Manufacture:1970s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Minor structural damages. Original vinyl in very good condition. Structurally sound but some straps underneath visible broken. Reupholstery recommended although the chair is usable as-is.
- Seller Location:Dallas, TX
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU851825802992
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, such as chairs, sofas and benches. He had a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. He was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on seating and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
Like his colleagues Karl Springer and the multifarious Pierre Cardin, Baughman’s designs are emblematic of the 1970s: sleek, sure and scintillating.
As you will see from the furniture presented on 1stDibs, Milo Baughman’s designs for the likes of Drexel Furniture, Glenn of California and — for five decades — Thayer Coggin are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dallas, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Vladimir Kagan Cosmos Swiveling Lounge Chair and OttomanBy Vladimir KaganLocated in Dallas, TXA "Cosmos" swiveling lounge chair and ottoman designed by Vladimir Kagan. Fully restored and upholstered in Rogers & Goffigon Wool Bouc...Category
Vintage 1970s Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Sculptural Rattan Oversized Chair and Ottoman by PreviewLocated in Dallas, TXA large scale rattan lounge chair and ottoman by Preview. Original Heavy linen fabric in good condition. Ottoman measures 45 x 30 x 19Category
Vintage 1980s Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Illum Wikkelsø Pyramid Chair and Ottoman for Holger ChristiansenBy Illum WikkelsøLocated in Dallas, TXIllum Wikkelsø brown leather pyramid chair and ottoman for Holger Christiansen circa 1965. Beautiful patina to the original leather and rosewood.Category
Vintage 1960s Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Womb Chair & Ottoman by Eero Saarinen for KnollBy Eero SaarinenLocated in Dallas, TXA womb chair and ottoman designed by Eero Saarinen for Knoll upholstered in baroque fabric.Category
Vintage 1960s Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Early Osvaldo Borsani P40 Lounge Chair for TecnoBy Osvaldo BorsaniLocated in Dallas, TXEarly lounge chair model P40 designed by Osvaldo Borsani for Tecno. The P40 armchair can be adjusted into countless positions. The seat, back and footrest can all be adjusted separat...Category
Vintage 1950s Chaise LonguesMaterials
- De Sede DS-142 Adjustable Chaise Lounge by Winfried TotzekBy De SedeLocated in Dallas, TXThe DS-142 adjustable chaise lounge designed by Winfried Totzek for De Sede, 1980. Original green leather with wonderful patina. Two original pillows also included. Both arms and bac...Category
Vintage 1980s Chaise LonguesMaterials
- Lounge Chair and Ottoman by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin circa 1970sBy Milo Baughman, Thayer CogginLocated in New York, NYRare scoop form lounge chair and ottoman designed by Milo Baughman, produced by Thayer Coggin, circa 1970's. The chair is upholstered in faux leather vinyl, with button tufted surfac...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Chaise LonguesMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chair and Ottoman in the Manner of Milo BaughmanBy Milo BaughmanLocated in North Hollywood, CAWonderful Mid-Century Modern lounge chair & ottoman in the manner of Milo Baughman, circa 1970s. The chair has a modern and elegant design expressed through the soft and delicate curves that shape the body of this chair, complemented by four comfortable cushions that give it a beautiful contrast. The ottoman has a comfortable cushion and, it also shows a size that is pleasing to the eye. The color combination between the upholstery and cushions on both the chair and ottoman is perfect, rarely can you find...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
Fabric, Wood$2,080 Sale Price / set35% Off
- Vintage Milo Baughman Style Satellite Sofa Lounge ChairBy Milo BaughmanLocated in Chicago, ILA vintage satellite sofa lounge chair in the style of Milo Baughman. Uncertain to designer. Possibly Adrian Pearsall. This item will need to be re...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Low Slung Milo Baughman Lounge Chair in Bronze FinishBy Milo BaughmanLocated in Atlanta, GALow Slung lounge chair in bronze finish, designed by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin, American, circa 1960s. Retains it's original cabernet color velvety upholstery. The bronze finis...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Oversized Milo Baughman Circular Swivel Lounge Chair Thayer CogginBy Milo BaughmanLocated in Pemberton, NJOversized Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin circular swivel lounge chair. This wonderful chair measures 27.5"t x 40" in diameter with a seat heigh...Category
Vintage 1970s North American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Adrian Pearsall, Milo Baughman Style Disc / Sphere Lounge Chair, 1970sBy Milo Baughman, Adrian PearsallLocated in Buffalo, NYSuper stylized sphere, round lounge chair, chaise lounge, in the manner of Adrian Pearsall and Milo Baughman, Retains its original faux zebra fabric in useable condition, in need of a good cleaning, large round seat cushion...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Chaise LonguesMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Rooms We Love: 11 Splendid Living Rooms
Common wisdom used to declare the kitchen the hub of the house. These days, the living room seems to have assumed the role of domestic focal point. Unlike the Victorian parlor, stiffly furnished and reserved for guests, today’s living room is a central place for reading, conversation and, well, living, with furnishings that lend themselves to both casual lounging and elegant entertaining.
Kaleidoscopic Upholstery Makes This Edward Wormley Chair a Showstopper
What at first glance seems an unusual choice jibes perfectly with the designer's aesthetic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery