- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Milo Baughman Semi-Circular Sofa by Thayer Coggin
- DimensionsHeight: 26.5 in. (67.31 cm)Width: 168 in. (426.72 cm)Depth: 78 in. (198.12 cm)Seat Height: 14.5 in. (36.83 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1970s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Structurally sound, the original fabric is in good condition with the exception of some looseness to the front bottom edge. It could easily be restored and the original fabric retained, or obviously reupholstered in the fabric of your choosing.
- Seller LocationHighland, IN
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU909119701052
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Highland, IN
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Milo Baughman (Designer)
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, having a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. Baughman was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on chair and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
Like his colleagues Karl Springer and the multifarious Pierre Cardin, Baughman’s designs are emblematic of the 1970s: sleek, sure and scintillating. As you will see from the furniture presented on these pages, Milo Baughman’s designs are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.
- By Milo Baughman, Thayer CogginLocated in Highland, INThis design by Baughman is as spare as it is serviceable. The Minimalist form is embellished with a patchwork of...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- By Milo BaughmanLocated in Highland, INThis is one of our favorite designs by Milo Baughman. These dining chairs have a beautiful architectural base of...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- By Arch Gordon, Milo BaughmanLocated in Highland, INThis wonderful early walnut table by Milo Baughman table by Arch Gordon has an ebony-inlaid base that supports a...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Folke Ohlsson, Dux of SwedenLocated in Highland, INThis two-seat by Folke Ohlsson has a terrific scale and an upholstered body with soft contours supported by a wa...Category
Vintage 1960s Swedish Scandinavian Modern SofasMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Sectional Sofas
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sectional Sofas
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery