- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Milo Baughman Tuxedo Styled Sofa for Thayer Coggin
- CreatorMilo Baughman (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 29 in. (73.66 cm)Width: 80 in. (203.2 cm)Depth: 33 in. (83.82 cm)Seat Height: 16 in. (40.64 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1970s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. In great original vintage condition with just the slightest of wer from ge and use .
- Seller LocationCincinnati, OH
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU925121780492
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Cincinnati, OH
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Milo Baughman (Designer)
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, having a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. Baughman was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on chair and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
Like his colleagues Karl Springer and the multifarious Pierre Cardin, Baughman’s designs are emblematic of the 1970s: sleek, sure and scintillating. As you will see from the furniture presented on these pages, Milo Baughman’s designs are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.
- By Milo BaughmanLocated in Cincinnati, OHA set of four dining room armchairs with rolled arms, square tubed chrome plated frames and upholstered seat and...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
Fabric$1,975 / set
- By Milo BaughmanLocated in Cincinnati, OHA pair of cantilevered cube lounge chairs with loose back and bottom cushions in a dark sandy taupe ultra suede....Category
Late 20th Century American Modern Club ChairsMaterials
- By Milo BaughmanLocated in Cincinnati, OHA beautifully book matched four door olive wood burl credenza or server floating on a polished chrome squared tu...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern CredenzasMaterials
- By Milo BaughmanLocated in Cincinnati, OHA round upholstered lounger / sofa chair with curved backrest all covered in soft and comfortable Italian linen ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century American Modern Sofas
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Sectional Sofas
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas