- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pierre Cardin Dinning Table Late Seventies
- DimensionsHeight: 29.53 in (75 cm)Width: 74.81 in (190 cm)Depth: 39.38 in (100 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1978
- Seller Locationbari, IT
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU4076328190202
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: bari, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Designer
In 1974, Roche Bobois opened its first showroom in the United States on Madison Avenue in New York City. The celebrated luxury French furniture brand is now in 50 countries with more than 200 stores.
The Roche Bobois story has origins in 1950, when entrepreneur Jacques Roche converted an old Paris theater into two contemporary furniture boutiques so that his sons could help usher stunning Bauhaus-inspired work out of the shops and into French homes nearby. At another showroom called Au Beau Bois, also in the French capital city, the Chouchan family was simultaneously selling home furnishings. The families met later, when Philippe and François Roche convened with Patrick and Jean-Claude Chouchan at a furniture exhibition in Copenhagen in 1960 and afterward produced a catalog announcing their partnership.
Minimal and modernist Scandinavian design had gained prominence in the furniture industry by 1960, rendering designers such as Kaare Klint and Poul Henningsen marquee names — and Roche Bobois's principals had taken notice. Following a national advertising campaign in Elle magazine a year later, the Scandinavian furniture that the newly minted Roche Bobois was importing to Paris became a huge success. Early promotional material from the firm likely included the sleek modular wall units crafted in rosewood by Danish furniture maker Poul Cadovius. It didn’t take long for Roche Bobois to shift toward producing its own contemporary furniture line.
When the popularity of cable television took hold in more major American cities during the 1970s, sofas and other seating became integral to contemporary living-room decor. Roche Bobois’s newly launched Les Contemporains series positioned its own sofas front and center, while also offering pieces like the chic Bambole two-seater — boasting soft duvet cushion covers — designed by Mario Bellini for B&B Italia. Bold works from the company during the decade included Marc Berthier’s Pop Art–colored tubular metal desks and chairs — the latter covered with braided fabric — as well as one of Roche Bobois’s most enduring and well-known pieces, the Mah Jong sectional sofa created by sculptor, painter and designer Hans Hopfer. Anchored by few central elements, this modular lounge sofa can be combined or stacked, giving the buyer total freedom over its appearance and the ability to maximize comfort.
Since its inception, Roche Bobois has worked with many internationally renowned architects and designers on its collections, among them Paola Navone and Vladimir Kagan. Even fashion designers such as Missoni and Emanuel Ungaro have made contributions to the company’s lineup.
In 2010, Roche Bobois marked its 50-year anniversary by debuting a partnership with French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier. A decade later, Roche Bobois teamed up with Portuguese artist Joana Vasconcelos, who designed a collection of organically shaped sofas as well as vibrant, colorful accent pillows and rugs.
Roche Bobois’s offerings over the years have included everything from mid-century modern armchairs to Art Deco case pieces to sculptural outdoor cocktail tables framed in metal wire — shop these classics now on 1stDibs.
- Willy Rizzo Dinning Table Mid SeventiesBy Willy RizzoLocated in bari, ITFormica dining table, black lacquered with central rotating steel disc, cylindrical central foot on steel base, designer Willy Rizzo mid-70s.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Set of Four Chairs Late SeventiesBy Pierre CardinLocated in bari, ITSet fo four chairs by French designer Pierre Cardin in black lacquered wood with cognac-colored leather seat French production late 70s. The seats have lacerations, they can be repl...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Living Room SetsMaterials
Wood, Lacquer, Leather
- Pierre Cardin Lacquered Sideboard Mid SeventiesBy Pierre CardinLocated in bari, ITStorage unit in black lacquered wood with two side doors and central chest of drawers by the French designer Pierre Cardin French production in the late 70s.Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Italian Art Deco Table from the Late 1940sLocated in bari, ITRefined table with black glass top and light briar, the legs are embellished with frames that surround them and with copper terminals, Art Deco style, from the late 40s.Category
Vintage 1940s Italian Art Deco Dining Room TablesMaterials
Smoked Glass, Walnut
- Dassi Manufacturing Table, 1960sBy Mobilificio DassiLocated in bari, ITTable with black lacquered wood structure and walnut frame with brass details and glass top with tortoiseshell effect produced by Dassi in the 60s. Vittorio Dassi was an Italian Pos...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern TablesMaterials
- Italian Midcentury Rattan Table, Early 1970sLocated in bari, ITItalian rattan table, early 1970s with smoked glass top.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern TablesMaterials
Rattan, Smoked Glass
- Pierre Cardin Mid Century Burlwood and Brass Dining TableBy Pierre CardinLocated in Countryside, ILPierre Cardin mid century burlwood and brass dining table This table measures: 72 wide x 38 deep x 29 high, with a chair clearance of 26.5 inches, each leaf measures 18 inches wid...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Octagonal Dining Table Black Lacquer with Brass Inserts and BaseBy Pierre CardinLocated in Puglia, PugliaRegency Hollywoodian dining table in the style of Maison Jansen, designed by the French designer Pierre Cardin in the 1980s. This large octagonal table has the structure of the top ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Hollywood Regency Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Cocktail TableBy Pierre CardinLocated in Chicago, ILPierre Cardin geometric grid table, intersecting brass and chrome patterns with polished 3/4" glass top with radius corners.Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Dining TableBy Pierre CardinLocated in LOS ANGELES, CAFrench dining table attributed to Pierre Cardin, 1970s. Polished brass bi-color metal base with glass top.Category
Vintage 1970s French Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Roche Bobois Italian Black Lacquer Glass Dining Conference TableBy Pierre Cardin, Roche BoboisLocated in Wayne, NJRoche Bobois for Pierre Cardin Italian high gloss black lacquer dining table with beveled glass inserts on top. It has one leaf 23.62". It is 74" wide without the leaf.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Wood$5,200 Sale Price20% Off
- 1970 Pierre Cardin Dining TableBy Pierre CardinLocated in Paris, FRLarge dining table with two bases in gilded and chromed metal. The two bases are hinged and can be positioned in a square or diamond-shaped to support the tray. It's possible to sal...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Dining Room TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
How Renaissance Man Pierre Cardin Became One of Fashion’s Biggest Names
The visionary designer's futuristic clothing and furniture designs are celebrated in a new show at the Brooklyn Museum.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?