Items Similar to French Empire Ormolu-Mounted Mahogany Dressing Table with Arched Tilted Mirror View More
French Empire Ormolu-Mounted Mahogany Dressing Table with Arched Tilted Mirror
A French Empire period ormolu-mounted mahogany psyché dressing table from the early 19th century in neoclassical style. The rectangular black marble top is surmounted by an arched tilt mirror flanked by mahogany columns capped with urn finials above their capitals. The apron houses a single lockable drawer with a brass key escutcheon and rests on front legs sculpted as columns equally capped with ormolu pedestals and capitals with chiseled palmettes and checkered patterns, all reminiscent of classical antiquity. An arched base stretcher firmly locks the structure in place and joins the two square posterior supports. This early 19th century French Empire period ormolu-mounted dressing table in neoclassical style, with its delicate details and beautiful material, could be a most refined acquisition for any classical interior.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureEarly 19th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsAge appropriate wear with slight amount of warping in the veneer. Please look at the various photos available
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 60 in. x W 33 in. x D 20 in.H 152.4 cm x W 83.82 cm x D 50.8 cm
- Seller LocationPalm Desert, CA
- Reference NumberLU166123832202
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2015
Located in Palm Desert, CA
More From This Seller
English George III Period Inlaid Mahogany Gentl...
Antique 18th Century English George III Console Tables
Brass, Mirror, Mahogany
An English George III inlaid mahogany gentleman's dressing table from the last quarter of the 18th century. Raised on square tapering legs and brass casters, the serpentine case is c...
Elegant French Ox Blood Vase Mounted in the Tra...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Vases
Elegant French ox blood vase mounted in the traditional style with ormolu mounts. Exceptional condition, circa 1850.
Empire 19th Century Ormolu and Painted Bronze M...
Antique 19th Century French Empire Mantel Clocks
An Empire ormolu and painted bronze mantel clock attributed to Jean-Simon Deverberie. Fitted in an ormolu case shaped as a cotton bale, the round enamel dial features Roman numeral h...
Serpentine-Front Chinese Gilt-Decorated Chinois...
Antique 18th Century Table Mirrors
An elegant serpentine-front Chinese gilt-decorated chinoiserie black lacquered dressing table mirror. This is a fine example of a ladies dressing table accessory from the 18th century.