Items Similar to "Mannerist Nudes," Spectacular Art Deco Enamel with Female Nudes in Blue & Gold
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
"Mannerist Nudes," Spectacular Art Deco Enamel with Female Nudes in Blue & Gold
Created by the greatest master of enamel painting in America's Art Deco period -- Edward Winter -- this large and spectacular panel features two female nude figures, impossibly elongated in the modern Mannerist manner, all executed in rich, brilliant blues, gold and rose. Winter combines the stylized figuration of high style Art Deco with the fractured forms and multiple perspectives of Classic Cubism. The artist studied with Josef Hoffmann in Vienna, and some of his earliest enamels show the influence of Hoffmann's brass bowls and vases. By the 1940s and 1950s, winter was considered a major authority on enamel painting, and authored "Enamel Art on Metals" in 1958, "Enameling for Beginners" in 1962, and "Enamel Painting Techniques" in 1970. The piece is signed on the lower edge, and framed in chromed steel.
- CreatorEdward Winter (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 24.25 in. (61.6 cm)Width: 24.25 in. (61.6 cm)Depth: 1 in. (2.54 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesFiredEnamel
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1930s
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU865120851302
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Philadelphia, PA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2009
201 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- By S.S. SimonakyLocated in Philadelphia, PADominated by an elegant female nude embracing a Greek lyre, this spectacular framed Art Deco glazed panel shows ...Category
Vintage 1930s Greek Art Deco Decorative ArtMaterials
CeramicH 9 in. W 11.75 in. D .25 in.$2,850
- By Edward WinterLocated in Philadelphia, PAA large and striking enamel rondel panel by the great enamel artist, Edward Winter, this Art Deco masterpiece de...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Decorative ArtMaterials
EnamelH 0.07 in. Dm 24 in.$4,250
- By Bonnie MacLearyLocated in Philadelphia, PACreated by Bonnie MacLeary, a Texas-born sculptor famed for her "Aspiration" and "Ouch" bronzes, two of several ...Category
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco CeramicsMaterials
Oak, CeramicH 10.5 in. W 10.5 in. D 1 in.$1,250
- Located in Philadelphia, PARemarkable in its size, ambition and complexity, this large Art Deco mirrored panel depicts a grape stomping sce...Category
Vintage 1940s French Art Deco Decorative ArtMaterials
GlassH 79.5 in. W 34 in. D 2.5 in.$22,500
- By Edward WinterLocated in Philadelphia, PACreated by one of the great masters of enamel artistry in America, this wide, shallow dish/bowl bathed in brilli...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Decorative BowlsMaterials
EnamelH .25 in. Dm 11.75 in.$1,200
- By Edward WinterLocated in Philadelphia, PASuffused with brilliant tangerine and jade tones and featuring an exuberant, Art Deco zebra cavorting amidst a g...Category
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco Platters and ServewareMaterials
EnamelH .5 in. Dm 11.5 in.$1,200
You May Also Like
Large-Scale Art Deco Nude Painting
Located in Atlanta, GA
Large-scale Art Deco nude painting, probably American, circa 1930s. We are unsure of the artist that painted this work. They came from the same estate as the Aimee Seyfort paintings ...
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Paintings
$1,250 Sale Price
Art Deco Etre Wall Art Plate with Female and Serpent Snake Design, 1987
Located in New York, NY
A beautiful Art Deco decorative bone china porcelain wall art plate with female figure and serpent snake design by Erte, 1987. With maker's mark and numbered on back (please see imag...
Vintage 1980s Japanese Art Deco Decorative Art
1950s Decorative Art Nude Painting on Masonite Panel in a Style of Art Deco
Located in London, GB
Wall decorative nude painting, on a large panel from the early 1950s in an Art Deco style. Representing the goddess "Diana the Huntress” (Diane La Chasseresse). Monogram KR and sig...
Vintage 1950s French Art Deco Decorative Art
$4,744 Sale Price
Italian Ceramic Tile Painting of Female Nudes in an Interior
Located in Chicago, IL
This painting of female nude figures in an interior space is rendered in glazed Italian ceramic tiles set in a black wood frame. The colors are rich and warm with a few aqua blue acc...
20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Decorative Art
Art Deco Hand-Carved Relief in Gold Leaf
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Art Deco hand-carved three-dimensional wooden relief based on the design by Picot for the "Folies Bergères" theater in Paris. Shown in gold leaf, also available in silver leaf. For ...
21st Century and Contemporary American Art Deco Wall-mounted Sculptures
$12,300 / item
Art Deco Enamel Wall Glass Art in the Manner of Jackson Pollock
Located in Plainview, NY
A five pieces enamel on glass abstract wall art in the manner of Jackson Pollock, father of modern art (American 1912-1956). The five rectangular shaped enamel glass are painted in e...
1990s American Modern Contemporary Art
Art Deco Cobalt Blue Wall Mirror
Located in Hingham, MA
1930s American star pointed midnight blue glass mirror with round beveled glass silver mirror applied on center with four chromed cap fittings, clipped to thin wood back. Most likely...
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Wall Mirrors
Sitting Female Nude Sketch Painting, Signed 1974
Located in Haddonfield, NJ
20th Century Female Nude Sketch Painting In Black Frame, Signed 1974 Beautiful nude sketch of the female form signed and dated by the artist, 11-12-74. New mat in a vintage frame.
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Drawings
$590 Sale Price
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery