Items Similar to Four 19th Century Lithograph Plate 'The Naturalist Atlas' by H. v. Hirt
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 14
Four 19th Century Lithograph Plate 'The Naturalist Atlas' by H. v. Hirt
A striking selection of four large hand-coloured lithograph plate from 'The Naturalist Atlas' colouring by H. v. Hirt, published Dusseldorf 1824-1842. History; Artists and Engravers: Georg August Goldfuss (Goldfuss, 1782-1848) was a German palaeontologist and zoologist. Goldfuss was born at Thurnau near Bayreuth. He was educated at Erlangen, where he graduated PhD in 1804 and became a professor of zoology in 1818. He was subsequently appointed professor of zoology and mineralogy at the University of Bonn. Aided by Count Georg zu Münster, he issued the important Petrefacta Germaniae (1826-44) and this Naturalist Atlas. The plates are by H. v. Hirt. Condition: Fine. General age-related toning- foxing as visible on images. Measures: Height - 58 cm Width - 45 cm.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Basingstoke, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 2014
1stDibs seller since 2019
20 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Basingstoke, HampshireA superb set of twelve early 20th century watercolor paintings from W.&J. Sloane, New York. Of various sizes, de...Category
Early 20th Century Central American PaintingsMaterials
- Located in Basingstoke, HampshireA Victorian oval burr walnut veneered breakfast table, featuring an intricately shaped four-leg base with delica...Category
Antique 19th Century European Center TablesMaterials
Walnut$2,849 Sale Price40% Off
- Located in Basingstoke, HampshireA Primitive 19th century bushel barrel, measuring vessel, originally used for measuring consistent quantities of...Category
Antique 19th Century European Architectural ElementsMaterials
- Located in Basingstoke, HampshireA striking large scale Gothic Revival cabinet/bookcase, dating from the mid 19th century. Demonstrating a pair o...Category
Antique 19th Century British CabinetsMaterials
- Located in Basingstoke, HampshireA large 19th century Spanish lebrillo from Triana. Of gently flared circular shape, painted in turquoise, blue a...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Spanish Decorative BowlsMaterials
You May Also Like
Early 19th Century Lithograph Portrait Named "Celennie Celenia" Mrs. Leo Morrow
Located in Atlanta, GA
Early 19th century lithograph portrait named "Celennie Celenia" Mrs. Leo Morrow.
Antique Early 19th Century Drawings
19th Century Butterfly Engravings
Located in Washington, DC
Hand colored engravings of butterflies and moths. French, 19th century. Floated in black frames, under UV glass.
Antique Late 19th Century French Drawings
$175 / item
19th Century English Watercolor of the Thirlestaine House Library, Cheltenham
Located in London, GB
This very charming and rare English 19th century watercolor of the library at Thirlestaine House Cheltenham, attributed to either Miss Georgiana or Miss Harriet Rushout-Bowles, one o...
Antique Mid-19th Century English Victorian Paintings
19th Century Watercolor of Mount Moran by George Beard
Located in Salt Lake City, UT
This 19th century watercolor on paper depicts the grand form of Mount Moran, in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The viewer is drawn straight into the centre of the composition and lead across...
Antique 19th Century American Romantic Paintings
Japanese Hanging Scroll, Late 19th Century
Located in New York, NY
A Japanese hanging scroll or Kakejiku, circa 1890, depicting bamboo grass and a rabbit. In Japanese culture, the rabbit is a symbol of cleverness and self-devotion. Bamboo is a symbo...
Antique 1890s Japanese Meiji Paintings
$2,624 Sale Price
19th Century French Painting "Allegory of Astronomy"
Located in Vicoforte, Piedmont
French painting of the second half of the 19th century. Grisaille framework oil on canvas depicting the astronomy allegory with little angels, of good painter's hand. Great quality p...
Antique Late 19th Century French Paintings
19th Century Danish 'Tender Moments' Oil Painting
Located in CH
Beautiful oil painting from Denmark, unknown artist, original frame.
Antique 19th Century Danish Renaissance Paintings
19th Century Oil on Canvas Italian Painting The Judgment of Pontius Pilate, 1870
Located in Vicoforte, Piedmont
Antique Italian painting from the late 19th century. Framework oil on canvas depicting religious subject The judgment of Pontius Pilate of good pictorial quality. Painting that devel...
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Paintings