Original Lee Reynolds Floral Birds of Paradise Oil On Canvas Painting
About the Item
- Creator:Lee Reynolds (Artist)
- Dimensions:Height: 40 in (101.6 cm)Width: 50 in (127 cm)Depth: 1 in (2.54 cm)
- Style:Other (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:Circa 1980s
- Condition:In excellent vintage condition. No tears or wear on canvas. Frame is in excellent condition with minimal wear.
- Seller Location:Toronto, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU8993235620672
Lee Reynolds Burr opened his Vanguard Studios in Beverly Hills, California, in 1964 to make oil paintings an attainable decoration for any American household. With seascapes, nautical scenes, still lifes, bullfights, cowboys, pastoral views, hot-air balloons, horse races and abstractions, there was a Vanguard Studios creation to match any taste and interior.
Born in Los Angeles, Burr studied art at the University of Southern California. After graduating and a stint in the U.S. Army, he worked in a local studio as a painter before becoming a home decor entrepreneur with financial support from his mother.
Only a fraction of the alleged hundreds of thousands of oil paintings produced by Vanguard were actually painted by Burr, even though they were signed “Lee Reynolds,” “Lee Burr” or just “Reynolds.” (As he would later state, those signed solely “Lee Reynolds Burr” were by his own hand, and he would sometimes include a thumbprint as proof.) Instead, a team of artists organized in an assembly line hand-painted and copied works on an eclectic range of subjects, the originals often being created by Burr while other canvases were purchased at auctions in Europe and reproduced at Vanguard. Sold in furniture stores and through interior decorators nationwide, the Reynolds-signed paintings soon became ubiquitous above couches in living rooms all over the United States.
These paintings regularly mirrored art-world trends, such as the Abstract Expressionism of the 1960s, but at prices that were much more affordable than fine art. Vanguard Studios was sold to the Kirsch Company in 1974, but Burr’s name was still used on Vanguard paintings. Burr would start East Park Gallery in 1981 and continue to produce works in a more contemporary style until his retirement in 1998.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Toronto, Canada
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Art Murano glass conical shaped lamp in the style of VeniniBy VeniniLocated in Toronto, ONSpectacular Art Murano glass conical shaped lamp that curves at the top. In the style of Venini and made in the 1970s in Murano. It’s striped with clear and milky white art glass. It...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Other Table LampsMaterials
- Set of Modernist Sculptural Brass CandleholderLocated in Toronto, ONStunning modernist style brass vintage candle holder as a set of three. Minimalistic yet elegant in design. They are made out of brass. Each piece features a triangular rounded shape...Category
Vintage 1960s Unknown Mid-Century Modern TorchèresMaterials
- Set Of Aluminum Sculptural Biomorphic CandlesticksBy Escapade ParisLocated in Toronto, ONA set of three biomorphic polished aluminum candle holders. They’re made in the 1980s. This style of candle holders are attributed to Escapade Paris. These candle holders are free fo...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Modern CandlesticksMaterials
- ‘Picasso The Early Years 1881-1907’ Hardcover Art Book by Palau i FabreLocated in Toronto, ONPablo Picasso Book by Palau I Fabre detailing Picasso’s work from 1881 to 1907. Published by Rizzoli, New York in 1981. This hardcover book comes with a hardcover sleeve. The book it...Category
20th Century American Other BooksMaterials
- A pair of soft pink Murano art glass mushroom lampsBy Vintage Murano GalleryLocated in Toronto, ONStunning pair of Murano art glass mushroom lamps with a flared top shape. They were originally made in the island of Murano, Italy in the 1970s by Murano glass artisans. This particu...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
- Solid Brass and chrome with glass shelving unitBy Renato ZeviLocated in Toronto, ONSolid Chrome and brass/bronze two toned shelf with up to 6 glass shelves. This solid and sturdy shelf features two metals: chrome and brass. The chrome has minimal patina. The brass has a gorgeous brown patina finish that gives off the look of bronze. Otherwise in great vintage condition. This shelf is very sturdy and heavy as its solid metal, the glass shelves are thick at about 0.75 inches in thickness. There's placements for 4-6 glass shelves in total. It comes with 4 glass shelves but we can add additional shelf shelves if requested (no additional charge) This unique two tone vintage shelf...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Shelves and Wall CabinetsMaterials
- Lee Reynolds Impressionist Garden Oil On CanvasBy Lee ReynoldsLocated in Chicago, ILLee Reynolds, American (1936-), oil on canvas impressionistic garden scene of cobble stones, blue iris, crimson fox gloves and red poppies. Finished in simpl...Category
Vintage 1970s American PaintingsMaterials
- Vintage Lee Reynolds Gray Floral PaintingBy Lee ReynoldsLocated in Naples, FLBeautiful oversized Lee Reynolds acrylic floral painting with texture on canvas. Painting has a gold metal frame and is signed in bottom left c...Category
Mid-20th Century American PaintingsMaterials
- Authentic Original Signed Lee Reynolds Painting FramedBy Lee ReynoldsLocated in Lake Worth, FLOffering one of our recent palm beach estate fine furniture acquisitions of A 1960s-70s Authentic Huge Original Signed Lee Reynolds Painting In the original rustic style wood f...Category
Vintage 1970s PaintingsMaterials
- Lee Reynolds Original Signed Painting Beach UmbrellasBy Lee ReynoldsLocated in West Hartford, CTOriginal Lee Reynolds oil painting on canvas depicting a beach or oecanfront restaurant scene featuring umbrellas. Signed lower right by the ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern PaintingsMaterials
- Large Lee Reynolds Mid-Century Modern Oil on Canvas Oranges Still Life PaintingBy Lee ReynoldsLocated in Philadelphia, PAA fine midcentury oil painting. By Lee Reynolds (Vanguard Studios). With thick impasto applied paint in sections. Depicting a still life with oranges on a cake plate & flowe...Category
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern PaintingsMaterials
- Oil On Canvas Lee Reynolds Impressionist Black Cat 3D Blowing CurtainBy Lee ReynoldsLocated in Toledo, OHOriginal oil on canvas by Impressionist artist Lee Reynolds. Black cat walking on a window ledge of a stone house with three dimensional curtain blowing. Overall light crazing. Image...Category
Mid-20th Century North American Modern PaintingsMaterials