Items Similar to Victorian Carriage Blanket View More
Victorian Carriage Blanket
19th century Victorian wool and angora carriage blanket or lap robe. Lovely design with a wreath of flowers and garland surrounding a dog with an eye made of glass. The reverse side is dark brown. Lap robes by Chase and Company were manufactured by Sanford Mills, in Sanford, Maine by Thomas Goodall. They are characterized by plush mohair (angora), bright colors of the Chase brand, and ornamental borders stenciled on the front of the blanket rather than woven into it. The size is 43 inches tall by 60 inches wide.
- CreatorChase and Co. (Maker)
- Of the PeriodLate Victorian
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880
- Materials and TechniquesWool,Angora
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 43 in. x W 60 in. x D .5 in.H 109.22 cm x W 152.4 cm x D 1.27 cm
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Reference NumberLU91467633773
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Atlanta, GA
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Victorian Mahogany Chest
Victorian Mahogany Chest
Antique 19th Century English Victorian Commodes and Chests of Drawers
English 19th Century Victorian chest of mahogany with two smaller drawers over three larger, all paneled and having brass escutcheons and pierced brass bat wing backplates and bail h...
Victorian Bronze and Iron Fire Fender
Antique 19th Century Victorian Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
Late 19th Century fire fender of bronze and iron.
Dutch Impressionist Autumn Landscape
20th Century Dutch Victorian Paintings
Canvas, Oil, Wood
Early 20th century Dutch oil on canvas in the Impressionist style of a dirt road flanked by trees in autumn showing the changing of the seasons. The painting is rich in hues of gold,...
Set of Eight English Carved and Inlaid Oak Dini...
Antique 19th Century English Victorian Dining Room Chairs
19th Century set of eight English dining chairs having two armchairs and six side chairs. The chairs are made of solid oak with acanthus carved side and top rails surrounding a marq...