- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. 6.10 CTW Diamond Platinum 18 Karat Gold Quatrefoil Pendant Brooch
About the Item
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Diamond 18 Karat Two-Tone Gold Platinum Flower Clip BroochesBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAAlligator style clip brooches open on a hinge Featuring a dimensionally formed flower with rose gold petals And areas of platinum set with single and transitional cut diamonds Wei...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, Platinum$10,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Victorian Painted Crystal Platinum 18 Karat Gold Equestrian BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PABrooch designed as a riding whip with a winding gold lash and a platinum hilt Centering an oval rock crystal cabochon measuring approximately 21.5 x 16.5 mm; bezel set in a high pol...Category
Antique Early 1900s Victorian BroochesMaterials
Crystal, Gold, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Yellow Sapphire 18 Karat Yellow Gold Pineapple BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PADesigned as a stylized pineapple fruit with a furling crown of high polished gold leaves. Body features pavé set round cut sapphires weighing approximately 4.50 carats total. Transpa...Category
Vintage 1960s Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Sapphire, Yellow Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yello...$4,575Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Enamel 18 Karat Gold Geranium Antique Flower Pendant PinBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PADesigned as a highly rendered geranium flower with fanning petals painted with matte enamel. Opaque lavender, white, yellow and red - exhibiting minimal loss. Reverse is decorated wi...Category
Vintage 1910s Victorian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel
- Tiffany & Co. Victorian Moonstone 18 Karat Gold StickpinBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACentering an oval cabochon moonstone measuring approximately 14.0 x 9.2 mm Beautiful billowy silver adularescence, and excellent polish and luster In a hammered gold surround Full...Category
Antique 1880s Victorian BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Sapphire Moonstone 14 Karat Gold Wreath BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACircular brooch is a radial pattern with prong set gemstones and high polished gold leaf motif Featuring 6.0 x 8.0 mm oval cabochon moonstones - translucent with billowing white adu...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold, Gold, Yellow Gold$3,550Free Shipping
- Large Edwardian Style Diamond En Tremblant Floral Tiara by E Wolfe LondonBy E. Wolfe & CompanyLocated in London, GBA beautiful contemporary en tremblant diamond and platinum floral tiara by E. Wolfe & Co., the tiara shaped as a wide openwork band with tapering ends and of asymmetrical design, for...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British More Objets d'Art and VertuMaterials
- Important VCA Art Deco Diamond Bow BroochBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in London, GBAn Important Art Deco diamond bow brooch by Van Cleef & Arpels, the two hundred and eighty-seven old European-cut diamonds estimated to weigh 17 carats in total, millegrain-set in a ...Category
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco BroochesMaterials
- Belle Époque Diamond TiaraLocated in London, GBA Belle Époque diamond tiara, to the centre three diamond-set clusters with diamond-set foliate decorations and one large diamond-set cluster on each side, all within a waved frame o...Category
Early 20th Century French Belle Époque More JewelryMaterials
- Bulgari Rome Elizabeth Taylor Style Colombian Emerald Diamond Necklace SetBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYBulgari Rome Elizabeth Taylor Style Colombian Certified Emerald Diamond NecklaceDetaches Into Two Bracelets and Detachable Pendant An 18k yellow gold necklace was set with sixteen ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold
- Late Victorian Pearl and Diamond TiaraLocated in London, GBA late Victorian pearl and diamond tiara, to the centre a cluster in the form of a flowerhead, set with seven pearls and forty-two old European and rose-cut diamonds, to two graduate...Category
Antique 1890s Late Victorian More JewelryMaterials
Diamond, Natural Pearl, Yellow Gold, Silver$74,107Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Brooch Pin in 18 Karat Gold with Sapphires & DiamondsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Brisbane, QLDIt's no secret that we adore pieces by Tiffany & Co, and this sapphire and diamond bar brooch pin is no exception. Likely crafted in the 1950s or 1960s the bar brooch has been crafte...Category
Mid-20th Century American Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,900Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Gold Tsavorite Diamond Butterfly Brooch by Tiffany & Co., 1989By Tiffany & Co.Located in Zurich, CHGracious 18 karat gold tsavorite and diamond "Butterfly" brooch by Tiffany & Co., 1989. Crafted in 18 karat yellow gold and designed as a butterfly with sprawled wings, this beautifu...Category
Vintage 1980s American Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Tsavorite, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$5,200Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Platinum Diamond and Sapphire Flower BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXTiffany & Co. platinum spray brooch featuring round brilliant-cut diamonds that total 4.25 carats, G-H color and VVS-VS clarity and round sapphires that total 1.25 carats. The brace...Category
Vintage 1960s American BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Platinum$22,900Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Brooch 18k Ribbon MedalBy Tiffany & Co.Located in MIAMI, FLExcellent piece crafted by famed jewelry designer Tiffany & Co. The piece is crafted in 18k gold set with a row of round brilliant cut diamonds that decorate the center of the piece....Category
Vintage 1970s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$2,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Diamond & Gold Leaf BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co Diamond & Gold Floral motif Brooch 9 graduated round cut diamonds approximately set in 14k yellow gold. Measurements: 2.75" long Signed TiffanyCategory
Vintage 1970s American BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold$7,500Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold 'Sea Urchin' Brooch Pin by Tiffany & Co.By Tiffany & Co.Located in Brisbane, QLDThis charming gold brooch pin was manufactured by Tiffany & Company from 18 karat yellow gold. The stylised pin imitates a sea urchin and features twisted gold wires which almost cre...Category
20th Century American BroochesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,050Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery