- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Tiffany & Co Padlock Necklace in 18k Yellow Gold
About the Item
- Weight:51.2 g
- Dimensions:Length: 15.75 in (400 mm)
- Date of Manufacture:2000's
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:London, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: 70-20-7121stDibs: LU639317784022
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
Based in London’s prestigious Burlington Arcade and recognized as one of Mayfair’s most knowledgeable jewelers, Susannah Lovis Jewellers has been serving clients for more than 20 years, offering an eclectic selection of fine antique and vintage pieces, with a focus on the Georgian, Victorian, Edwardian, and Art Deco periods. Its wide-ranging stock includes signed jewels from Cartier, Tiffany & Co. and Van Cleef & Arpels, as well as one-of-a-kind items like gold lion cufflinks and an Art Deco platinum and diamond tiara. Susannah Lovis also designs bespoke jewels, lovingly handcrafted by artists, and can remodel old items to suit new purposes and tastes. Additional services include valuations and repairs.
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Twisted Heart Flat Curb Link Necklace Set in 18k GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Tiffany & Co. twisted heart flat curb link necklace set in 18k yellow and white gold. The necklace is composed of 49 individual heart styled flat curb links and ...Category
1990s Retro Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$16,995Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Padlock Bracelet in 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA vintage Tiffany & Co. open link ‘ Padlock’ bracelet set in 18k yellow gold. The bracelet is composed of 32 oval solid yellow gold links; all of which are connected together by a T...Category
Early 2000s Modern Modern BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,350Free Shipping
- Vintage Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co. Diamond Link' Necklace in Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co. twisted ‘Diamond Link’ necklace set in 18k yellow gold. The necklace is composed of 37 individual diamond styled links and sits ...Category
Vintage 1980s Retro Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Ruby Open Heart Necklace Set in 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Tiffany & Co. open heart ruby necklace in solid 18k yellow gold. The pendant depicts the iconic open heart design and is set to the top with a single rub over se...Category
1990s Unknown Retro Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,252Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Heart Drop Necklace Set in 18k Yellow and White GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Tiffany & Co. heart drop necklace in 18k yellow and white gold. The pendant is firstly composed of a polished yellow gold heart that hangs from a 16-inch white ...Category
Early 2000s Unknown Retro Drop NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$2,133Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Infinity Necklace Set in 18k Rose GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBAn elegant vintage Tiffany & Co. infinity chain necklace set in 18k rose gold. The necklace is composed six infinity motifs, connected via a thin rose gold trace chain. It is faste...Category
2010s Unknown Modern Chain NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold, Rose Gold, Gold$1,126Free Shipping
- Cartier South Sea Three Layer Pearl Necklace with 1.6 Ct Solitaire Diamond ClaspBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier South Sea Three Layer Pearl Necklace with 7 ct of total diamonds Clasp which has a 1.6 Ct Solitaire Diamond Serial # is stamped 32527K , 750 is stamped and Cartier is stamp...Category
1990s Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Cultured Pearl, South Sea Pearl, 18k Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Link NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NY18k yellow gold circle link necklace by Tiffany & Co. Measuring 31.5" in length, links are 14mm in diameter. Marked: Tiffany & Co, 18k. Weight - 280.5 grams.Category
20th Century Italian Link NecklacesMaterials
Yellow Gold$27,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Free Style Link NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Stamford, CTTiffany & Company 18k yellow gold free style open link necklace 116.0 Grams Tested: 18k Stamped: 18k Hallmark: Tiffany & Co Chain: 25 inches Width: 9.3m Thickness/ Depth: 12.80Category
Mid-20th Century Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$14,575Free Shipping
- Exceptional Flawless GIA Certified 20.80 Carat Pear Cut Diamond RingBy Antinori Fine JewelsLocated in Rome, ITEXCEPTIONAL FLAWLESS GIA Certified 20.83 Carat Pear Cut Diamond Ring F Color vvs1 Clarity None Fluorescence Excellent Symmetry Excellent PolishCategory
2010s Italian Modern Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold$2,100,000 Sale Price30% Off
- Black Diamond, Blue Sapphire, and Oxidized Sterling Silver Padlock NecklaceLocated in Dallas, TXBlack Diamond, Blue Sapphire, and Oxidized Sterling Silver Padlock Necklace - This beautiful necklace features 1.5cts of blue sapphires and 2.5 cts of black diamonds set in oxidized...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Drop Necklaces
- Tiffany & Co. 18K Gold Diamond Link NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXTiffany & Co. necklace composed of 18K yellow gold marked "Tiffany & Co. 750". It features oval links encrusted with diamonds. There are 390 round diamonds totaling 13.8 carats; G-...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$49,900Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co 18K Yellow Gold Tassel NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co. 18K Yellow Gold Tassel Necklace. Elegant necklace in 18K yellow gold designed with tassels hanging from an open work chain. This necklace exhibits a lace-like delicatel...Category
20th Century American Modern Link NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$19,840 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Vannerie Necklace in 18K Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co. Vannerie Necklace in 18K Yellow Gold PRIMARY DETAILS SKU: 111459 Listing Title: Tiffany & Co. Vannerie Necklace in 18K Yellow Gold Condition Description: Retails for ...Category
2010s More NecklacesMaterials
Yellow Gold$16,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 1960's 18 Karat Yellow Gold Woven Mesh Vintage Collar NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAComprised of flexible meshed gold links displaying a weave motif. Graduating in thickness and featuring a high polished finish. Completed by press release closure with hinged safety....Category
Vintage 1960s Contemporary Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$9,145Free Shipping
- Vintage Rare Platinum & 18k Yellow Gold Signed Tiffany & Co NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXOne lady's designer made polished, filigree-style, platinum and 18K yellow gold single strand opera, diamond station necklace. The necklace measures approximately 40.00 inches in len...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum$2,125Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Graduated Byzantine 18K Yellow Gold NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Chevy Chase, MDA simple and elegant Tiffany & Co. necklace! Easy to wear for any occaision. This is a graduated byzantine style link necklace made in 18K yellow gold. It measures 16.50 inches i...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern Link NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$7,800Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery