Items Similar to Antique 18th Century Old Cut Diamond Heart Pendant View More
Antique 18th Century Old Cut Diamond Heart Pendant
Unlike modern diamonds, this hand made 18th century pendant is silver set with antique table and rose cut diamonds that have been foiled and set in closed back settings. Unique at sight, the center diamond hangs freely; the top of the heart appears to be a tiara, while the gems send a warm, soft sparkle of light. The age and subtle diamond appearance makes the pendant wearable at anytime of day or night and anywhere your schedule takes you. This treasured pendant teaches the style and history of diamond cutting in the early 19th century when diamonds were scarce and tools for cutting gems were centuries old. The pendant is light in weight. The jeweler first created his design, made it is silver, the metal of choice for diamonds, and then foiled the closed settings and placed individual hand cut diamonds in the design. The condition is excellent.
- In the Style Of
- Place of OriginUnited Kingdom
- Date of Manufacture1770
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsD 1.5 in.D 38.1 mm
- Length1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Seller LocationStamford, CT
- Seller Reference Number#4000
- Reference NumberLU325678521
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6-8 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Stamford, CT
More From This Seller
Antique Victorian Diamond and Garnet Pendant
Antique 1860s Late Victorian
Antique Georgian 18th Century Stuart Crystal Ring
Antique Early 18th Century George I
Antique Georgian Enamel Diamond Forget Me Not P...
Antique 1820s Georgian
You May Also Like
18th Century Antique Filigree Gold Cross Pendan...
Antique Mid-18th Century Rococo
$13,930 Sale Price
Antique Circa 18th Century Agate Cameo Mine Cut...
Antique Early 18th Century Georgian
Old European Cut Diamond Pendant Heart Necklace
21st Century and Contemporary
3 Carat Antique Old Mine Cut Diamond Pendant
Antique 1890s Edwardian
18th Century Antique Gold Cross with Table Cut ...
Antique 1730s Baroque
Antique 18th Century Flemish Cross Pendant Set ...
Antique 18th Century Georgian
Antique Victorian Old European Cut Diamond Silv...
Antique 1880s Victorian