- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pierre Cardin Vintage 1960s Ovesized Lion Pendant Necklace
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1960s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Usual scratches/marks/scuffs on lion head pendant. Silver tone plating has rubbed on small areas (see photos 7,8). Some wear on reverse (see examples on photos 9 and 10) and oxidation marks.
- Seller LocationNice, FR
- Reference NumberSeller: 20561stDibs: LU25923161293
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Nice, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass.
Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- Pierre Cardin Vintage Space Age Cut Out Circle Little Black DressBy Pierre CardinLocated in Nice, FRPIERRE CARDIN vintage Spage Age sleeveless dress featuring circle cut out on the chest. Fully lined. Back zip closure. Label reads PIERRE CARDIN BOUTIQUE Paris. Missing size tag. ...Category
20th Century French Mini Dress$594 Sale Price20% Off
- Pierre Cardin Prestige Vintage Stunning Red Skirt SuitBy Pierre CardinLocated in Nice, FRPIERRE CARDIN Prestige intage red skirt suit. Blazer has stunning cut-out accordion sleeves, rigid collar turned up and button fastening. Straight skirt with zip closure. Bo...Category
20th Century French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Pierre Cardin Modernist Large Pendant Necklace, 1960sBy Pierre CardinLocated in Los Angeles, CAPierre Cardin vintage modern gold and white tone metal necklace. Pendant measures almost 5" long and is made in two sections. The chain is made up of gold tube beads linked together...Category
Vintage 1960s French Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Gold Plate$665 Sale Price30% OffFree Shipping
- Pierre Cardin Silver Enamel and Glass Pendant Necklace, French, circa 1965By Pierre CardinLocated in Cincinnati, OHModernist Pierre Cardin Runway Jewelry. The choker necklace with a 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" pendant made of geometric red, orange and yellow painted enamel featuring a brilliant bl...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modernist Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Silver, Steel$2,850Free Shipping
- 7 Carat Diamond Heart and Diamond NecklaceLocated in Miami, FLBreathtaking heart pendant and necklace, custom made in platinum, featuring 68 round brilliant cut diamonds and 2 baguettes, weighing approximately 7 carats total, G color, VS clarit...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$12,000Free Shipping
- 10.23 Carat Sapphire and Diamond PendantLocated in Miami, FLMajestic rich blue pear shape sapphire weighing 10.23 carats, framed in 21 round brilliant cut diamonds, F color, VS quality set in 18 karat white gold, and suspended from a 16 inch ...Category
2010s Unknown Modern Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$33,750Free Shipping
- 2.40 Carat Diamond NecklaceLocated in Miami, FL18K white gold necklace featuring a .70ct round brilliant cut diamond F color and VS clarity, surrounded by 29 round brilliant and single cut diamonds F color VS clarity set in a clu...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Modern More NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$5,700Free Shipping
- Diamond and Ruby Bow Brooch PinLocated in Miami, FLDelightful brooch pin crafted in 18 karat white gold featuring round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately 5.33 carats total G color VS clarity, trimmed with 105 square cut r...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, White Gold$9,750Free Shipping
- LADIES & GENTLEMEN FS II.128By Andy WarholLocated in Aventura, FLFrom the Ladies and Gentlemen Portfolio. Screenprint in colors on arches paper. Hand signed and numbered by the artist on verso. AP edition of 25. Published by Luciano Anselmino,...Category
1970s Pop Art Figurative PrintsMaterials
- "LOVE" Ring by Robert IndianaBy Robert IndianaLocated in Chicago, IL“LOVE” RING BY ROBERT INDIANA United States, 1969 Gilded brass Weight 17.5 gr., US size 6.5, UK size N This cast ring of gilded brass has a wide flat hoop that is textured on th...Category
Vintage 1960s American Modernist Fashion RingsMaterials
Gold$2,000 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Graffiti Artist Keith Haring, Color 17 x 22" Exhibition PhotographBy Jack MitchellLocated in Senoia, GAGraffiti and visual artist Keith Haring photographed with one of his paintings in April 1984. One of Mitchell's most beautiful color photographs. This exhibition print is 17 x 22". C...Category
1980s Pop Art Color PhotographyMaterials
- Mel Fillini in Frame #2 [Male Nude in Cartouche]By George Platt LynesLocated in New York, NYMel Fillini in Frame #2 [Male Nude in Cartouche] 1954 George Platt Lynes studio stamp in black ink, verso Vintage gelatin silver print 5.625 x 9 inches (14.3 x 22.9 cm) Contact g...Category
1950s Contemporary PhotographyMaterials
Silver GelatinPrice Upon Request
- Lula Chair, Ivory Bouclé & Natural Wood Chair by Christian SirianoBy Christian SirianoLocated in New York, NYMade to order bouclé and wood chair designed by Christian Siriano. Base: Natural Maple Fabric for seat/back cushion: Ivory Bouclé Measures: Overall depth: 28” Overall hei...Category
2010s American Modern ChairsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
How Renaissance Man Pierre Cardin Became One of Fashion’s Biggest Names
The visionary designer's futuristic clothing and furniture designs are celebrated in a new show at the Brooklyn Museum.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?