- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Two Tone Gold Evening Bag by Patek Philippe
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingCustoms Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
It shouldn’t be surprising that a Patek Philippe holds the world auction record for a watch ($31.2 million for a Patek Grandmaster Chime, sold at Christie’s). Known for impeccable craftsmanship and some of the most complicated timepieces ever created, the brand is considered by many to be the height of fine watchmaking. Collectors simply love Patek Philippe watches.
The house was founded in Geneva in 1839 by Polish expats Antoni Patek and Franciszek Czapek. Czapek left the firm, and in 1845, Patek partnered with French watchmaker Jean Adrien Philippe. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Catering to the glitterati of Europe, the pair counted among their clients Tolstoy, Pope Pius IX and Queen Victoria, as well as Countess Koscowicz of Hungary, for whom they created the first Swiss-made wristwatch in 1868. They also had their eye on the American market and in 1851 entered an arrangement with Tiffany & Co. still in effect today.
During the Great Depression, brothers Jean and Charles Stern, who had previously supplied Patek Philippe with watch dials, bought the company, and it continues to be run by the Stern family today.
Under the Sterns, the house has developed some of its most famous models, including the Calatrava, an elegantly minimal dress watch introduced in 1932 and named for the Calatrava Cross (the company’s logo since 1887), and the Nautilus, the brand’s first sports watch, conceived by legendary designer Gérald Genta in 1976.
Despite the house’s longevity, it’s rumored that it has manufactured fewer than a million Patek watches, making each one all the more coveted. (The brand's pieces are understandably attractive to counterfeiters — make sure you know how to spot a fake Patek Philippe watch.)
- 1950s Gold Evening Bag by CartierBy CartierLocated in London, GBAn 18k yellow gold ladies evening bag by Cartier. A beautiful handheld clutch, spacious enough to hold your valuables. The inside is lined in brown suede with a mirror on the cover f...Category
Vintage 1950s Boxes and CasesMaterials
- Gold & Diamond Heart Pendant by CartierBy CartierLocated in London, GBA contemporary gold and diamond heart pendant by Cartier. Crafted from 18k yellow gold this delicate heart is pavé set with approximately 1.25 carats of diamonds suspended from a sim...Category
1990s Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
- 1960s Gold & Diamond Ring by CartierBy CartierLocated in London, GBA vintage gold and diamond ring by Cartier. Crafted from 18k yellow gold with five rows of pavé-set diamonds along the front. Circa 1960s. Accompanied by the original box.Category
Vintage 1960s Cocktail RingsMaterials
- Yellow & White Gold Rectangular Bracelet by VillaBy VILLALocated in London, GBAn elongated rectangular bracelet by Villa crafted from open links of textured white and yellow gold. Weight = 72.78gr. Circa 1970s.Category
Vintage 1970s Link BraceletsMaterials
- 18k Gold & Diamond Demi Parure by CartierBy CartierLocated in London, GBA vintage 18k yellow gold demi parure by Cartier, consisting of a necklace and a pair of small hoop earrings. Designed with the Cartier ‘C’ motif as repeating links with pavé-set dia...Category
Vintage 1980s Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Gold, Emerald & Diamond Duck Brooch by RezaLocated in London, GBA delightful duck brooch by Reza. Set with 1.11 carats of emeralds in repeating heart motifs surrounded by round brilliant-cut diamonds with a fancy yellow diamond eye. Total diamond...Category
Vintage 1960s BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Gold
You May Also Like
Vintage 1970s Vanity Items
White Diamond, 18k Gold
Early 2000s More Jewelry
20th Century Boxes and Cases
Gold, 14k Gold, Rose Gold
Vintage 1950s Retro Boxes and Cases
Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold
Mid-20th Century Desk Accessories
Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, 18k Gold
Mid-20th Century Art Deco Vanity Items
Mid-20th Century Artist Boxes and Cases
18k Gold, Gold
Antique 19th Century Victorian More Jewelry
Silver, Sterling Silver
Vintage 1960s Regency Wrist Watches
Antique Early 1900s Boxes and Cases
Diamond, 14k Gold
Recently ViewedView More
Get a Glimpse at One of the Most Valuable Watch Collections in the World
As the cache goes on display at London’s Design Museum, we speak to its enigmatic owner about some of his rarest acquisitions.
The 6 Most Popular Brands for Luxury Watches
These companies have stood the test of time, making exceptional pieces for generations.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery