Tiffany & Co. GIA Diamond Platinum Solitaire "The Tiffany" Engagment Ring
About the Item
- Ring Size:4.75 US, Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:5 g
- Lab Report Available:GIA
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:2010
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: 11405011stDibs: LU41219336212
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- Tiffany & Co. 1.23 Carat Diamond Blue Sapphire Platinum Halo Engagement RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Miami, FLFrom Tiffany & Co, a classic Deco style halo engagement ring, is inspired by an Art Deco Halo and crafted in Luxurious Platinum. Centered by a genuine diamond, Round Cut, Bezel se...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Art Deco Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Blue Sapphire, Platinum$18,999Free Shipping
- Tacori Cushion GIA Diamond Platinum Engagement RingBy TacoriLocated in Miami, FLThis stunning diamond engagement ring is crafted in solid platinum, weighing 5.5 grams and measuring 9mm x 6mm high. Exposing a centered prong-set GIA lab reported cushion brilliant ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$9,499Free Shipping
- Classic GIA Ruby Diamond Platinum Engagement RingLocated in Miami, FLThis brightly colored Engagement ring was inspired in a 3 stone design and crafted in Platinum. Adorning the center is a transparent GIA cert...Category
1990s Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Platinum$5,999Free Shipping
- GIA Burma Ruby Diamond Platinum Engagement RingLocated in Miami, FLThis exquisite ruby ring is versatile, can be an engagement ring and/or a classic gemstone "right-hand" ring. Adorning the center is a GIA-certified Oval Shaped Red Burma Ruby with ...Category
Vintage 1960s American Retro Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Platinum$10,799Free Shipping
- Dover Diamonds GIA Colombian Emerald Diamond 3-Stone Platinum RingBy Dover JewelryLocated in Miami, FLThis ellegant Emerald and Diamond Cocktail Engagement ring was inspired in a traditional 3 stone design and crafted in platinum Prominent in the center is an Octagonal Shpaed Natu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Art Deco Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum$43,999Free Shipping
- Tacori GIA Cushion Pave Diamond Platinum Engagement RingBy TacoriLocated in Miami, FLThis glamorous shimmering diamond engagement ring is crafted in solid platinum, weighing 6 grams and measuring 7mm x 5mm high. Displaying a prominently prong-set GIA lab reported certified cushion-brilliant diamond, weighing 0.81 carats, graded H color and SI2 clarity. Surrounded by a pave-set band of...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$6,999Free Shipping
- 1990s Tiffany & Co. Diamond Platinum Solitaire RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GAGorgeous Tiffany & Co Platinum Solitaire Ring 1990s Features 0.19 carats of Diamonds, F color and VVS clarity, Round Brilliant Cut Set in classic 6 prong setting Hallmarked PLATINUM ...Category
1990s Unknown Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$2,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Platinum Diamond Solitaire Engagement RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXPlatinum ring featuring a 1.03 carat diamond; H color and VVS1 clarity, accompanied by a GIA report. Down the shank are 10 round brilliant-cut diamonds with a total carat weight of ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$13,900Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 1.14 Carats Diamond Platinum Solitaire Engagement Ring GIABy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAClassic solitaire mounting with a stylized six prong head and knife edged shank. Centering a round brilliant cut diamond weighing 1.14 carats, I co...Category
Early 2000s Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Platinum$13,975Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 0.90 Carat Diamond Platinum Solitaire Engagement Ring GIABy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAClassic solitaire mounting with a stylized six prong head and knife edged shank Centering a round brilliant cut diamond weighing 0.90 carat, H color with VS1 clarity Crown is laser...Category
2010s American Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$11,430Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Tiffany Diamond Single Solitaire Platinum Engagement RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Miami, FLBrilliance Jewels, Miami Questions? Call Us Anytime! 786,482,8100 Ring Size: 6 (Sizable) Designer: Tiffany & Co. Style: Solitaire Metal: Platinum Metal Purity: 950 Diamond C...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$1,720Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Platinum Lucida Solitaire Engagement RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Narberth, PAThis gorgeous estate diamond engagement ring is an original Tiffany & Co. design! Named the "Lucida ®" Diamond ring, it features a beautiful mixed cut diamond at the ce...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$6,355Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery