- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Patek Philippe Calatrava 18 Karat White Gold and Diamond Watch
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 7-9 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Geneva, Switzerland
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Patek Philippe (Designer)
It shouldn’t be surprising that a Patek Philippe holds the world auction record for a watch ($31.2 million for a Patek Grandmaster Chime, sold at Christie’s Geneva last November, in case anyone’s wondering). Known for impeccable craftsmanship and some of the most complicated timepieces ever created, the brand is considered by many to be the height of fine watchmaking. The house was founded in Geneva in 1839 by Polish expats Antoni Patek and Franciszek Czapek. Czapek left the firm, and in 1845, Patek partnered with French watchmaker Jean Adrien Philippe. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Catering to the glitterati of Europe, the pair counted among their clients Tolstoy, Pope Pius IX and Queen Victoria, as well as Countess Koscowicz of Hungary, for whom they created the first Swiss-made wristwatch in 1868. They also had their eye on the American market and in 1851 entered an arrangement with Tiffany & Co. still in effect today.
During the Great Depression, brothers Jean and Charles Stern, who had previously supplied Patek Philippe with watch dials, bought the company, and it continues to be run by the Stern family today.
Under the Sterns, the house has developed some of its most famous models, including the Calatrava, an elegantly minimal dress watch introduced in 1932 and named for the Calatrava Cross (the company’s logo since 1887), and the Nautilus, the brand’s first sports watch, conceived by legendary designer Gérald Genta in 1976.
Despite the house’s longevity, it’s rumored that it has manufactured fewer than a million Patek watches, making each one all the more coveted.
- By CartierLocated in Geneva, CHThe success of the Santos de Cartier watch has never been equalled in the history of watchmaking. It is a symbol...Category
1990s Contemporary Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$16,630Free Shipping
- By BvlgariLocated in Geneva, CHAn elegant Bulgari Pyramid ring pavé set in the center with round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Dome RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$5,235Free Shipping
- Located in Geneva, CHThis pre-owned 18K gold bracelet set with diamonds is designed by Alexandre Corrot. It is unique and handcrafted...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Chain BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$1,724Free Shipping
- By ChopardLocated in Geneva, CHThis great iconic pendant necklace from the house of Chopard in Switzerland is made of 18k white gold. It has a...Category
2010s Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$4,003Free Shipping
- By Christian DiorLocated in Geneva, CHWoven from threads of gold and topped with a diamond, the Oui ring shines with its joyful message. Material: 18k...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$985Free Shipping
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches
Early 2000s Modern Wrist Watches
20th Century Wrist Watches
2010s Wrist Watches
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold
Vintage 1950s Modern Wrist Watches
Vintage 1940s Modern Wrist Watches
Vintage 1960s Modern Wrist Watches
Early 2000s Modern Wrist Watches
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery