Questions & Answers
Our trusted network of 1stDibs sellers answer common questions
How can you tell if a Louis Vuitton purse is real?
There are a few signs you can look for to determine whether your Louis Vuitton purse is real or fake. Authentic Louis Vuitton bags have a soft Vachetta leather trim that ages to a rich golden-brown color — fake LV bags might have a pink or orange hue to the leather or stiff leather that feels like plastic. The heat stamps on genuine Louis Vuitton bags have crisp edges and evenly sized and spaced letters in only one font, while fakes may have uneven heat stamps with blurred letters. The zipper pulls and larger pieces of hardware on a Louis Vuitton bag have the logo placed in a central position, and all of the hardware on the bag should match. Louis Vuitton bags made after 1980 have a date code that begins with two letters to indicate where it was made, followed by four numbers that indicate the date the product was made. Shop a collection of authentic Louis Vuitton purses from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
1stDibs ExpertJanuary 4, 2022
- How can I tell if a Louis Vuitton bracelet is real?1 Answer
- How can I tell if a Louis Vuitton umbrella is real?1 Answer
- How can I tell if a Louis Vuitton charm is real?1 Answer
- How can I tell if my Louis Vuitton shawl is real?1 Answer
- How can I tell if a Louis Vuitton mini pochette is real?1 Answer