- Design Credit: Kacy Ellis, Photo Credit: Wynn Myers. Dimensions: H 15.13 in. x W 12.25 in.
- Design Credit: Jeremiah Brent Design, Photo Credit: Nicole Franzen. Dimensions: H 15.13 in. x W 12.25 in.
- Design Credit: Sarah Shetter, Photo Credit: Boris Breuer. Dimensions: H 15.13 in. x W 12.25 in.
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pablo Picasso'Bright Owl' original Madoura ceramic rectangular platter, Edition Picasso
About the Item
- Creator:Pablo Picasso (1881-1973, Spanish)
- Creation Year:1959
- Dimensions:Height: 15.13 in (38.44 cm)Width: 12.25 in (31.12 cm)Depth: 1.63 in (4.15 cm)
- Movement & Style:
- Condition:Overall good and stable condition with no chips, losses or scratches; some adhesive accretions on reverse. Feel free to contact us for a more thorough condition report.
- Gallery Location:Milwaukee, WI
- Reference Number:Seller: 12707g1stDibs: LU60537856562
One of the most prolific and revolutionary artists the world has ever seen, Pablo Picasso had a tremendous impact on the development of 20th-century modern art. Although he is best known for his association with the Cubist movement, which he founded with Georges Braque, Picasso’s influence extends to Surrealism, neoclassicism and Expressionism.
“Every act of creation is, first of all, an act of destruction,” the Spanish artist proclaimed. In Picasso's Cubist paintings, he emphasizes the two-dimensionality of the canvas, breaking with conventions regarding perspective, foreshortening and proportion. Picasso was inspired by Iberian and African tribal art. One of his most famous pre-Cubist works is Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), a painting considered immoral and shocking at the time for its depiction of nude women whose faces resemble Iberian tribal masks.
Picasso made many portraits in this style, most often of the women in his life, their expressively colored faces composed of geometric shards of surface planes. In Woman in a Hat (Olga), 1935, he painted his first wife as an assemblage of abstract forms, leaving the viewer to decipher the subject through the contrasting colors and shapes. Picasso was a tireless artist, creating more than 20,000 paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics and sculptures. Tracing his life’s work reveals the progression of modern art, on which he had an unparalleled influence.
Browse an expansive collection of Pablo Picasso's art on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Milwaukee, WI
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- 'Rabbit in Refrigerator' eathenware; glazedLocated in Milwaukee, WIEathenware; glazed 5 x 5Category
Late 20th Century Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- "Exposition Ceramiques Picasso, David Barnett Gallery," Poster after P. PicassoBy (after) Pablo PicassoLocated in Milwaukee, WI"Exposition Ceramiques Picasso, David Barnett Gallery" is a poster made after Pablo Picasso. A Moon is shown, eyes connected by the nose and a tiny mouth. The information about the e...Category
1970s Cubist Figurative PrintsMaterials
- "Sixieme Biennale de Peinture," Original Vintage Lithographic PosterBy (after) Pablo PicassoLocated in Milwaukee, WI"Sixieme Biennale de Peinture" is an vintage Picasso exhibition poster printed in 1966 by Mourlot. It depicts a Picasso painting from 1965 and advertises a Biennial exhibition of pai...Category
1960s Cubist Figurative PrintsMaterials
- 'Can't Get Her Off My Mind' Ceramic SculptureBy Steven KemenyffyLocated in Milwaukee, WI43x30x14" Ceramic Steven Kemenyffy (born 1943) is an American ceramic artist living and working in Pennsylvania. He is most recognized for his contributions to the development of th...Category
1980s Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Rush Limbaugh (hair parted in center, mouth open)By Steven KemenyffyLocated in Milwaukee, WI31" in height roughly 12-15" wide Ceramic Steven Kemenyffy (born 1943) is an American ceramic artist living and working in Pennsylvania. He is most recognized for his contributions...Category
1990s Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- "Untitled Vase," Neo-Expressionist Ceramic Vase signed by Michael GrossBy Michael GrossLocated in Milwaukee, WI"Untitled Vase" is an original ceramic vase by Michael Gross. It features abstracted and grotesque figures on a yellow ground. 11 1/2" x 4 1/2" art The ceramic sculptures of Wisco...Category
1980s Neo-Expressionist Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Picasso Madoura Ceramic Pitcher 'Vase deux anses hautes' Ramié 213By Pablo PicassoLocated in Delray Beach, FLThis Picasso ceramic vase "Vase deux anses hautes" is one in an edition of 400 and is made of white earthenware clay, decoration in oxidized paraffin and glaze bath. The piece is mar...Category
1950s Abstract Impressionist Prints and MultiplesMaterials
- Pablo Picasso "Grand Tête" (Portrait de Jacqueline aux Cheveux lisses)By Pablo PicassoLocated in Van Nuys, CAPABLO PICASSO (1881-1973) Grand Tête (Portrait de Jacqueline aux Cheveux lisses) linocut in colors, on Arches paper, 1962, signed in pencil, numbered 12/50, with full margins, pale ...Category
20th Century Cubist Figurative PrintsMaterials
- Pablo Picasso, "Tête de Femme", original linoleum cutBy Pablo PicassoLocated in Chatsworth, CAThis piece is an original linoleum cut in color by Pablo Picasso, 1962. It is hand signed and numbered 40/50 from the edition of 50; there were also 35 artist's proofs. This piece is...Category
1960s Modern Portrait PrintsMaterials
- Jacqueline au Bandeau de Face (Grand Tête de Femme)By Pablo PicassoLocated in New York, NYStunning and iconic portrait of Picasso's wife, Jacqueline Roque, signed in pencil by Picasso and numbered in pencil from the limited edition of 50.Category
20th Century Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
- Rare Victorian Firescreen with Taxidermy Hummingbirds by Henry WardBy Henry WardLocated in Amsterdam, NLEngland, third quarter of the 19th century On two scrolling foliate feet with casters, above which a rectangular two-side glazed frame, with on top a two-sided shield with initial...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century English High Victorian TaxidermyMaterials
Other$215,733 Sale Price33% Off
- Pablo Picasso "Heads"By Pablo PicassoLocated in Van Nuys, CAPablo Picasso (1891-1973) "HEADS" (AR.367) 1956 ...Category
Mid-19th Century Cubist Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Cavalier & Horse, Pablo PicassoBy Pablo PicassoLocated in Fairfield, CTArtist: Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Title: Cavalier & Horse Year: 1968 Medium: Earthenware square plaques with engraving enhanced with oxides under partial brushed glaze. Edition: 100,...Category
1960s Cubist Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Ceramic$14,000 Sale Price6% Off
- Pablo Picasso Madoura Ceramic Sculpture 'Grosse tête, profil droit' Ramié 536By Pablo PicassoLocated in Delray Beach, FLThis beautiful Picasso sculpture "Grosse tête, profil droit" is one in an edition of only 50 with the Edition Picasso and Madoura stamps. This work is in excellent condition! Contac...Category
1960s Modern Animal PrintsMaterials
Ceramic, Earthenware, Terracotta, Glaze, Wood
- Femme au Cheveux Flous (Fluffy-haired Woman)By Pablo PicassoLocated in New York, NYOriginal red earthenware clay rectangular plaque Edition of 100 Incised edition and with the 'Madoura Plein Feu' and 'Empreinte Original de Picasso' pottery stamps on the reverseCategory
Late 20th Century Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Clay, EarthenwarePrice Upon Request
- Faune aux marottes, Picasso, 1950's, Earthenware, Unique work, 1950's, DesignBy Pablo PicassoLocated in Geneva, CHFaune aux marottes, Picasso, 1950's, Earthenware, Unique work, 1950's, Design Faune aux marottes Unique work 1.12.1956 Earthenware, decoration with engobes and metallic oxides 15.1 ...Category
1950s Post-War Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Young Wood Owl, Pablo Picasso, 1950's, Multiples, Design, Postwar, PitcherBy Pablo PicassoLocated in Geneva, CHYoung Wood Owl, Pablo Picasso, 1950's, Multiples, Design, Postwar, Pitcher Young wood-owl Ed. 500 pcs 1952 White earthenware clay, partly polychromed and glazed 26.5 x 9.5 cm Stampe...Category
1950s Post-War Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- The Abode of SnowBy Ansel AdamsLocated in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CASigned with printed title on front of print. From 'Parmelian Prints of the High Sierra', limited edition of 100 copies.Category
20th Century Black and White Photography
- Kehinde Wiley 'Sharrod Hosten Study III' Print, 2020By Kehinde WileyLocated in Delray Beach, FLKehinde Wiley's 'Sharrod Hosten Study III, 2020' is part of a limited edition print of only 30 copies. Partnered with Sean Kelly Gallery to release Sharrod Hosten Study III (2020), t...Category
2010s Contemporary Portrait PrintsMaterials
Archival Paper, Screen
- New York Still LifeBy Irving PennLocated in New York, NYNew York Still Life, 1947/April 1980 Signed, titled, dated, numbered, and inscribed in pencil, verso Platinum-palladium print on Rives paper mounted to aluminum (Multiple coating...Category
1940s Contemporary PhotographyMaterials
- Paths and Edges #7By Richard SerraLocated in New York, NY1-color etching Sheet: 20 1/4 x 29 in. (51.4 x 73.7 cm) Edition of 60 Signed and numbered on verso Published by Gemini G.E.L., Los AngelesCategory
Early 2000s Minimalist Abstract PrintsMaterials
- "Ligaments of the Elbow" plate from the Anatomy Series"By Jean-Michel BasquiatLocated in Boca Raton, FLJean Michel - Basquiat 1984 "Ligaments of the Elbow" plate from the Anatomy Series" Print on Arches paper 30 x 22 in. Working proof, aside from the edition of 18 plus 7 artist’s proo...Category
1980s Pop Art More PrintsMaterials
Black and White
Recently ViewedView More
Science Uncovers Hidden Truths behind Young Pablo Picasso’s Blue Period
From 1901 to 1904, Picasso limited his palette to bluish hues in producing some of his most famous early works. A new show looks at the recycled materials, hidden underpaintings, surprising influences and bohemian lifestyle that led to their creation.
Who Are the Most Popular Artists on 1stdibs?
Learn the stories of some of the world's most recognizable artworks and their makers.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery