- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pablo PicassoDavid and Bathsheba (After Lucas Cranach) II Religious Jewish Modern
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$150 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Pablo Picasso (Artist)
One of the most prolific and revolutionary artists the world has ever seen, Pablo Picasso (1881–1973) had a tremendous impact on the development of 20th-century modern art.
Although he is best known for his association with the Cubist movement, which he founded with Georges Braque, Picasso’s influence extends to Surrealism, neoclassicism and expressionism.
“Every act of creation is, first of all, an act of destruction,” the Spanish artist proclaimed. In his Cubist paintings, he emphasizes the two-dimensionality of the canvas, breaking with conventions regarding perspective, foreshortening and proportion. Picasso was inspired by Iberian and African tribal art. One of his most famous pre-Cubist works is Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), a painting considered immoral and shocking at the time for its depiction of nude women whose faces resemble Iberian tribal masks.
He made many portraits in this style, most often of the women in his life, their expressively colored faces composed of geometric shards of surface planes. In Woman in a Hat (Olga), 1935, he painted his first wife as an assemblage of abstract forms, leaving the viewer to decipher the subject through the contrasting colors and shapes. Picasso was a tireless artist, creating more than 20,000 paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics and sculptures. Tracing his life’s work reveals the progression of modern art, on which he had an unparalleled influence.
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBThis original lithograph is hand signed in blue and red coloured pencil by the artist "Picasso" at the lower rig...Category
1950s Post-Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
LithographH 19.77 in. W 26.15 in.$18,500
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBPABLO PICASSO 1881-1973 Málaga 1881-1973 Mougins (Spanish) Title: Painter in Half-figure and Reclining Model P...Category
1960s Figurative PrintsMaterials
AquatintH 16.26 in. W 19.57 in.$11,500
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBPABLO PICASSO 1881-1973 Málaga 1881- 1973 Mougins (Spanish) Title: The Painter and his Model Le peintre et so...Category
1960s Figurative PrintsMaterials
Etching, AquatintH 18.12 in. W 24.22 in.$10,925
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBThis original etching is hand signed by the artist "Picasso" at the lower right. It was printed in by Lacourière...Category
1930s Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
EtchingH 15.28 in. W 19.69 in.$16,200
- By Bernard BuffetLocated in London, GBBERNARD BUFFET 1928-1999 1928 Paris - 1999 Tourtour (French) Title: The Sword Swallower, from: My Circus L'ava...Category
1960s Post-War Figurative PrintsMaterials
LithographH 28.15 in. W 19.89 in.$1,500
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBPABLO PICASSO 1881-1973 Málaga 1881-1973 Mougins (Spanish) Title: Modern Style Bust (Francoise) Buste Style Mo...Category
1940s Portrait PrintsMaterials
LithographH 25.79 in. W 19.69 in.Price Upon Request
You May Also Like
1960s Abstract Expressionist Abstract Prints
21st Century and Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Figurative Prints
1960s Contemporary Abstract Prints
1960s Contemporary Figurative Prints
20th Century Modern Figurative Prints
1960s Figurative Prints
20th Century Modern Portrait Prints
Mid-20th Century Modern Figurative Prints