- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
New Alexander Mcqueen Silk Butterfly and Skull Semi-Sheer Black Scarf
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$30 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-16 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: San Francisco, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Alexander McQueen (Designer)
British fashion designer Lee Alexander McQueen (1969–2010), the original creative engine behind the Alexander McQueen label, was beloved for his expert tailoring and theatrical runway shows. After his suicide in 2010, fans left tributes to the man and his talents outside Alexander McQueen boutiques worldwide. Record-breaking crowds visited the posthumous retrospective of the designer’s work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the Victoria and Albert in London.
McQueen’s inspirations came from many quarters — film, music, current events, history, his heritage and fashions of the past. His runway presentations were not just displays of clothing but were personal expressions of the zeitgeist, often touching on our cultural anxieties and concerns. McQueen’s own thoughts and feelings about love, death, gender, genocide, colonialism, global warming and the extinction of species all appear in his pieces.
“What you see in the work is the person himself. And my heart is in my work,” McQueen told Harper’s Bazaar in 2007. It is perhaps this heart, and the heart’s exposure, that drew the crowds and made McQueen creations both popular and emotionally resonant. Because the work was personal and thus layered with feeling, the motifs — decorative embellishments and fabric choices — have meaning. In other words, in McQueen’s oeuvre, plaid is more than simply a pattern.
Browse a collection of Alexander McQueen's innovative fashion and accessories — including the designer's comfortable, stretchy jersey knit dresses and gowns — on 1stDibs.
- By Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CANew Alexander McQueen large semi-sheer magenta scarf featuring skull, butterfly, and safety pin print throughout...Category
- By Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAPurple diamond quilted coat from Alexander McQueen's Fall 2007 collection, seen on the runway in look 6. Oversiz...Category
- By Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander Mcqueen green, taupe and gold metallic quilted brocade jacket as seen on the 2003 "Scanners" collectio...Category
Early 2000s Jackets
- By Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen Fall/Winter 2013 cream capelet in a diamond-knit jacquard. Super soft & fuzzy blend of 56% ang...Category
- By Michaele VollbrachtLocated in San Francisco, CAHuge black and multicolor fern print vintage scarf by Michael Vollbracht. Green, blue, yellow, red and cream pr...Category
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Scarves
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery