- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Paco Rabanne Black Zip Front Jacket
- DimensionsLength: 25 in (63.5 cm)Bust: 40 in (101.6 cm)Waist: 34 in (86.36 cm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. There are a few small nicks to fabric.
- Seller LocationPortland, OR
- Reference NumberSeller: 51731stDibs: LU22323402973
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Portland, OR
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Visionary designer Paco Rabanne first made a name for himself in the 1960s when he introduced dresses, handbags and other clothing and accessories that went against the common sensibilities of the time and challenged the public's perception of what fashion should be. By working with unlikely materials such as paper and Rhodoid — a cellulose acetate plastic often used to line baking pans — Rabanne forced the fashion world to reconsider materials and form.
Rabanne was born Francisco Rabaneda y Cuervo in Spain’s Basque region. His mother was the head seamstress at Balenciaga when she relocated herself and her son to France in 1939 to escape the Spanish Civil War. Once in France, he took on the name Paco Rabanne.
Rabanne studied architecture at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris but pivoted toward fashion and began to design accessories and costume jewelry. Rabanne collaborated with many acclaimed luxury houses — his early clients included Charles Jourdan, Givenchy, Pierre Cardin and Dior.
By 1966, Rabanne was working on avant-garde designs in his own newly-opened studio. He introduced a couture collection titled “Twelve Unwearable Dresses in Contemporary Materials.” The garments — made of aluminum, plastic and eco-friendly paper and fastened with wire — were unveiled at a show that featured music and models of color (both uncommon characteristics for such an event). Sculptural, sexy and solidly Space Age in appearance, Rabanne’s experiments turned heads. Pop star-actresses Brigitte Bardot and Françoise Hardy would soon be seen in the designer’s iconic metallic dresses, and Rabanne found enthusiasts in the likes of revolutionary couturier Elsa Schiaparelli and art collector Peggy Guggenheim. In 1968 Rabanne designed leather boots and erotically charged dresses made of molded plastic and chain-mail mesh for the science fiction film Barbarella.
Rabanne called Salvador Dalí a close friend and drew on the Surrealist movement in his designs. He continued to use unconventional materials in his work. From aluminum jersey and fur to ostrich feathers and Velcro, everything was suitable for his pioneering garments. And Rabanne’s talents are diverse — his prolific output even includes stylish furniture.
In 1999 Rabanne retired from the fashion business. In 2010 he was named Officer of the Legion d’Honneur by the French culture minister. Today, under the creative direction of French designer Julien Dossena, the Paco Rabanne brand continues to innovate and offer looks that nod to the past as well as the future.
Find vintage Paco Rabanne clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Early Donna Karan Black Label Beaded Black Evening JacketBy Donna KaranLocated in Portland, ORThis is a gorgeous 1980's black Donna Karan New York Wool Blazer Jacket with beading and swirl raised embroidered design. Decorative buttons run down the front of this jacket, with h...Category
1980s American Jackets
- Adolfo Vintage Evening Jacket in Blue Chenille With Black SequinsBy AdolfoLocated in Portland, ORThis is a gorgeous Adolfo open front blazer that has unique squares of black sequins on rich blue chenille. It is trimmed with a ruffled satin fabric that has a raw edge. It is fully...Category
Late 20th Century American Jackets
- Bill Blass Vintage Coat in Black Flocked Velvet With Pockets and BeltBy Bill BlassLocated in Portland, ORThis stunning black late 1970's vintage Bill Blass designer coat has front pockets and a the design of the flocked velvet resembles an animal print or rippling water. This vintage co...Category
1970s American Coats
- Edwardian Reversible Black Velvet Evening Cape with Shirring and Silk LiningLocated in Portland, ORThis exquisite vintage Edwardian black velvet cape is reversible, with lovely shirring along the bodice. The capet closes with a satin loop over velvet covered buttons. It has no arm...Category
Early 20th Century Unknown Capes
- Vintage Rust Olive Green Red Silk Mixed Ikat Pattern Short Kimono JacketLocated in Portland, ORThis vintage silk kimono jacket is in rich autumnal shades of red, rust, green and gold. The kimono has mixed Ikat style patterns throughout and it is lined in brown. There is a poc...Category
1950s Japanese Jackets
- Alexander McQueen Black Wool Sculptured Jacket The Horn of Plenty Runway 2009By Alexander McQueenLocated in Portland, ORThis is an incredible Alexander McQueen jacket from his Fall / Winter 2009 Horn of Plenty ready to wear collection. Lee dedicated this show to his mother, Joyce Barbara McQueen, who...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Coats and Outerwear
- Paco Rabanne Couture Black and Green Architectural and Structured JacketBy Paco RabanneLocated in Los Angeles, CAMen's jacket by Paco Rabanne circa 1980s Black wool outer with green wool inner Black vinyl trims Hidden button closure in front Condition: Good, structurally needs shapingCategory
Late 20th Century Jackets
- Vintage PACO RABANNE PARIS Space Age Metal Embellish Pocket JacketBy Paco RabanneLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage PACO RABANNE PARIS Space Age Metal Embellish Pocket Jacket Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust and waist: Shoulder: 15.35 inches (39 cm) Sleeves: 23.62 inches (...Category
20th Century French Blazers
- 1990s Paco Rabanne Haute Couture Black Ostrich Leather Chain Accent Skirt SuitBy Paco RabanneLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an incredible black ostrich leather Paco Rabanne Haute Couture skirt set. From the early 1990s, this absolutely stunning custom set is constructed entirely of b...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits$4,496 Sale Price25% Off
- Rare 1960s Paco Rabbane Chainmail JacketBy Paco RabanneLocated in New York, NYRare 1960s Paco Rabbane Chainmail Jacket; Comprised of gold-tone linked metal discs. Open front with no closure.Category
1960s French Cropped Jackets
- A Paco Rabanne Couture Bolero in "Papier Fou" Called - France Circa 1981By Paco RabanneLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1981 France Iconic quilted Bolero with fins in "Papier Fou" by Paco Rabanne Haute Couture dating from the first edition of 1981. This famous model is taken up by the Couture ...Category
1980s French Jackets$1,057Free Shipping
- PACO RABANNE 2000s Black Blazer / Jacket With A Large Cut-Out BackBy Paco RabanneLocated in Arnsberg, NWPACO RABANNE 2000s. Black blazer with a large cut-out back from Paco Rabanne. Buy Now Or Cry Later! The jacket is in very good condition (see photos).Category
Early 2000s French Jackets