NEW Chanel Black Crochet Knit Woven Dress 42
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- CHANEL Avantgardistic Black Ruched Knit Dress 38By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHLovely new interpretation of the timeless Chanel classic little black dress A true Chanel signature piece that will last for many years Wonderful knit "Chanel" logo plate on hip Simp...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Informal Dresses
- NEW Chanel Black Crochet Knit Dress including Slip Dress 38By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHLovely new interpretation of the timeless Chanel classic little black dress A true Chanel signature piece that will last for many years So versatile - dress it up with a slip dress for a formal yet seductive look and pair it with high heels or throw it over a swimsuit for a great casual look Wonderful crochet knit Closes with Chanel "CC" logo button on back Simply slips on Made in France Dry Clean Only Size 38 New & unworn Complete with slip dress, Chanel tags...Category
2010s French Informal Dresses
- CHRISTIAN DIOR Black 3D Crochet Knit Ribbed Dress with Ruches Dior Logo Plate 40By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely luxurious and versatile CHRISTIAN DIOR classic signature piece that will last you for years Gorgeous, almost couture-like piece hand-...Category
2010s French Cocktail Dresses
- NEW Chanel Black Crochet Knit Cocktail Dress LBD 36By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHLovely new interpretation of the timeless Chanel classic little black dress A true Chanel signature piece that will last for many years 3D crochet knit Two front pockets CC logo butt...Category
2010s French Mini Dresses
- NEW John Galliano Black Crochet Knit Ruched DressBy John GallianoLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely luxurious JOHN GALLIANO piece that will last you for years Made of soft black knitted fabric Ruched details Fully lined with black soft fabric Dry clean onlyCategory
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- CHANEL Black Silk Crochet Knit Dress CC Star Logo Buttons 38By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning black Chanel silk dress Wonderful patterned crochet knit Satin trimmings CC star logo buttons Concealed zip closure A timeless, perfect piece that is so versatile! Finest 10...Category
2010s French Day Dresses
- Alexander McQueen 2005 Black Lace and Crinkle Pleat Silk DressBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen black dress featuring lace at upper bodice and skirt of crinkle pleated silk. Cream mesh straps, raw edge at hem. Back zip and hook and eye with snaps at bottom zip...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Moschino Cheap and Chic Black Mesh Bow Knit DressBy MoschinoLocated in San Francisco, CAMoschino Cheap & Chic 2000s black sleeveless knit dress with cut-out bow shape at chest in black mesh. Back zip. 86% rayon, 9% polyamide, 5% other. Unlined. Made in Hungary. Label...Category
Early 2000s Hungarian Casual Dresses
- Alexander Mcqueen 2009 Wool Black and White Houndstooth Dogtooth Check DressBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen sleeveless dress in the black and white houndstooth wool that became so iconic from the Fall 2009 Horn of Plenty c...Category
Early 2000s Italian Casual Dresses
- Alexander McQueen 2005 Black Silk Sleeveless Midi Cocktail Dress with Lace TrimBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen black silk dress from the 2005 Hitchcock inspired collection 'The Man Who Knew Too Much,' which channeled Tippi Hedren and Marilyn Monroe. Fitted midi length silhou...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Christian Lacroix 1990s Black Gold Accent Pocket Front Maxi Wrap Dress GownBy Christian LacroixLocated in San Francisco, CAChristian Lacroix vintage black full length wrap dress with gold embellishment at one strap. Fastens closed at other strap and wraps with belt and snap at waist. Patch pockets at fr...Category
1990s French Maxi Dresses
- Vintage 1969 Mila Schön Italian Couture Black Purple Wool Mod Target Coat DressBy Mila SchonLocated in Beverly Hills, CAAn important and truly stunning Mila Schön Couture black and purple mod coat dress dating back to her 1968-69 fall/winter collection. She was living in Milan with her husband when sh...Category
1960s Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.