2002 Alexander McQueen 'Milkmaid' Corset Cocktail Dress
View Similar Items
2002 Alexander McQueen 'Milkmaid' Corset Cocktail Dress
- Dimensions:Length: 38 in (96.52 cm)Bust: 34 in (86.36 cm)Waist: 28 in (71.12 cm)Hip: 36 in (91.44 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:San Francisco, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU39421191392
About the Manufacturer
British fashion designer Lee Alexander McQueen, the original creative engine behind the Alexander McQueen label, was beloved for his expert tailoring and theatrical runway shows. After his suicide in 2010, fans left tributes to the man and his talents outside Alexander McQueen boutiques worldwide. Record-breaking crowds visited the posthumous retrospective of the designer’s work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the Victoria and Albert in London.
McQueen’s inspirations came from many quarters — film, music, current events, history, his heritage and fashions of the past. His runway presentations were not just displays of clothing but were personal expressions of the zeitgeist, often touching on our cultural anxieties and concerns. McQueen’s own thoughts and feelings about love, death, gender, genocide, colonialism, global warming and the extinction of species all appear in his pieces.
“What you see in the work is the person himself. And my heart is in my work,” McQueen told Harper’s Bazaar in 2007. It is perhaps this heart, and the heart’s exposure, that drew the crowds and made McQueen creations both popular and emotionally resonant. Because the work was personal and thus layered with feeling, the motifs — decorative embellishments and fabric choices — have meaning. In other words, in McQueen’s oeuvre, plaid is more than simply a pattern.
Browse a collection of Alexander McQueen's innovative fashion and accessories — including the designer's coveted bags and comfortable, stretchy jersey knit dresses and gowns — on 1stDibs.
- 1980's Pink Lace and Satin DressLocated in San Francisco, CA1980's Pink Lace and Satin Dress. Lace and Satin dress with iridescent sequins and beads. Double tiered asymmetrical skirt with beaded hem and French seams. Buttoned back closure and...Category
1980s Evening Dresses and Gowns$239 Sale Price20% Off
- 1950's Black Lace Dress with Blush-Colored lining and Velvet AccentsLocated in San Francisco, CAHandmade 1950's Black Lace Dress with Blush-Colored lining and Velvet Accents. Black lace over a blush colored taffeta lining, and double stiffened tule along the hem to give the ski...Category
1950s Evening Dresses and Gowns$260 Sale Price34% Off
- 60s Peach & Silver Strapless Sequined GownLocated in San Francisco, CA60s Peach & Silver Strapless Sequined Gown. Gathered skirt. Lined bodice. Boning in bodice. Unlined skirt. Zips up the side.Category
1960s Maxi Dress
- 1960s Ivory Crocheted Lace Cocktail DressLocated in San Francisco, CA1960s Ivory Crocheted Lace Cocktail Dress. Aurora Borealis crystals embellish top of bodice. Lined with matching colored fabric.Category
1960s Cocktail Dresses$295 Sale Price25% Off
- 70s Metallic Gold and Purple Lace Evening DressLocated in San Francisco, CA70s Metallic Gold and Purple Lace Evening Dress. Dolman sleeves. Lace overlay on nude mesh lining.Category
1970s Maxi Dress$695 Sale Price22% Off
- 60s Psychedelic Melting Gold Evening DressLocated in San Francisco, CA60s Psychedelic Melting Gold Evening DressCategory
1960s Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Mariano Fortuny Claret Delphos. Provenance Tina ChowBy FortunyLocated in Riverdale, NYThis dress is made of finely pleated claret colored silk with silk cording along side seams, and multicolored glass beads threaded through the cording. The beads are amber glass with...Category
Early 20th Century Italian Art Deco Delphos GownsPrice Upon Request
- Mariano Fortuny Sienna Peplos GownBy FortunyLocated in Riverdale, NYThis dress is made of finely pleated sienna colored silk with silk cording along side seams,shoulders and tunic hem with multicolored glass beads threaded through the cording.
Early 20th Century Italian Art Deco PeplosPrice Upon Request
- Mariano Fortuny Rare Shell Pink Long Sleeved Delphos GownBy FortunyLocated in Riverdale, NYDescription: This dress is made of finely pleated shell pink colored silk with silk cording along side seams, and multicolored glass beads threaded through the cording.
Early 20th Century Italian Art Deco Delphos GownsPrice Upon RequestVintage GIANNI VERSACE VERSUS Asymmetric Shoulder Lurex Gold Metallic DressBy Gianni Versace, VersusLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage GIANNI VERSACE VERSUS Asymmetric Shoulder Lurex Gold Metallic Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 18.50 inches (47 cm) Waist: 17.71 inches (45 cm) Hips: 18.90 inches (48 cm) Length: 34.25 inches (87 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic GIANNI VERSACE VERSUS. - Lurex metallic dress with asymmetric shoulder detailing. - Iconic Versace lion...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail DressesVintage 1997 JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Tortoise Shell Embellished Print Open Back DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1997 JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Tortoise Shell Embellished Print Open Back Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 15.75 inches (40 cm) open ba...Category
1990s French Evening DressesNEW Prada Asian-Inspired Ruched Printed Silk Cocktail Dress 38By PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful PRADA dress Closes in front with invisible buttons Asian-inspired collar Pleated details Yellow/Gold-coloured fabric trimming Printed silk, "Prada" discreetly written on f...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail Dresses$1,519 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery