This little black dress was designed during the mid 1970s, after Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel passed away and before Karl Lagerfeld was brought in. It's made from tons of tiered sheer black silk panels that daintily swish as you walk, and features an asymmetric hem (shorter in front, longer in back). In very good condition for its 40+ years of age, there is an approximate 1.75in tear to the front silk lining which could easily be repaired, but is not noticeable due to the layers of silk panels. Additionally, one of the rear panels is fraying at the edge and another has an approximate 1in hole. Again, these are hard to see unless closely inspecting by going through all of the layers of silk. Finally, the slim shoulder straps need repair - it appears that they were unprofessionally tacked back into place by the previous owner (sloppy stitching, non matching thread) and should be repaired professionally to maintain value. Tagged CHANEL CREATIONS and SIZE 6, the dress measures, laying flat: Bust - 33in, waist - 28in, hips - 33in, length in front - 25in, length in back - 45in, shoulder strap length - 7.25in
- In the Style OfArt Deco
- Place of originFrance
- Material notes
- ConditionGood. This dress needs minor repairs: Shoulder straps have been unprofessionally repaired by the previous owner and require repair; there are minor tears in two of the silk panels and a tear (less than 2 inches) in the silk lining in front..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Altered (not by designer).
D 45 in. x L 45 in.
D 114.3 cm x L 114.3 cm
- Marked size6 (US)
- Bust33 in. (83.82 cm)
- Waist28 in. (71.12 cm)
- Hip33 in. (83.82 cm)
- Length45 in. (114.3 cm)
- Seller locationPort Saint Lucie, FL
- Seller reference numberCHANEL FLAPPER DRESS
- Reference numberLU40721260213
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like