Chanel Military Style Fuchsia Jacket with Gripoix Buttons
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Military Style Fuchsia Jacket with Gripoix Buttons
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Black Faux Fur & Bead Vest w/Dramatic CollarBy ChanelLocated in Los Angeles, CAChanel black faux fur vest dotted with black shiny hanging beads, hook and eye closure and decorative black metal and enamel CC logo button at closure. In excellent condition. Size 4...Category
Early 2000s French Vests
- Moschino Brown Vinyl Vest w/Studded Brass Heart MotifBy Moschino Jeans, MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAVintage Moschino Jeans brown vinyl vest with a heart made from brass studs at the back Size tag US 10 but is much smaller than a US10 so please consult measurements. Lined at the int...Category
1990s Italian Vests
- Roberta di Camerino Red Velvet Jacket Blazer w/Chain MotifBy Roberta Di CamerinoLocated in Los Angeles, CA1970's Roberta di Camerino red velvet jacket featuring a pattern of interlocking green and black chain. The jacket is fully lined, has invisible pockets sewn into the front seams and...Category
1970s Italian Contemporary Jackets
- Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere Black Leather & Wool Motorcycle JacketLocated in Los Angeles, CABalenciaga by Ghesquiere black biker or flight style jacket w/leather sleeves and wool blend bodice and cuffs. In excellent condition. Size EU 38. MEASUREMENTS: Bust - 36" Waist -...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Yves Saint Laurent YSL Haute Couture "Le Smoking" Tuxedo Jacket & Skirt No.64222By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Los Angeles, CA1980's Yves Saint Laurent haute couture Le Smoking black wool tuxedo jacket and skirt. In excellent condition. Please see measurements - if skirt measurements are desired, please inq...Category
1980s French Jackets
- Vintage Galanos Hot Pink Satin Jacket BlouseBy GalanosLocated in Los Angeles, CAVintage Galanos hot pink satin jacket blouse with subtle tulip hem, over-sized fabric buttons down the front and cuff sleeves. In excellent condition with tiny scattered pulls and a...Category
Late 20th Century American Blazers
- Chanel 2000s Black & Navy BlazerBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZFor all the Chanel lovers! Circa recent 2000s, this black and navy woven blazer features a deep v-neck with a notched collar, two front square pockets, and matching enamel CC buttons...Category
2010s French Blazers
- Chanel Creations 1980's Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA true Chanel Collectors vintage piece straight from the 1980's! This beige color is perfect for everyday wear and will match every color in your closet. This jacket features a beige...Category
1980s French Blazers
- Chanel 1991 Pink Wool and Denim Skirt SetBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZTweed and denim is a pair you didn't know you needed! From Chanel's 2001 fall/winter collection this is a skirt and blazer set from the iconic Chanel featuring a mid-length, beautifu...Category
1990s French Blazers
- 2019 Coco Chanel Cruise Resort Collection Black, Navy Cotton Jacket Size 40By ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Featuring black/ dark navy 90% cotton and 10% cashmere, double silk lining, 3/4 sleeves 19.5", collar, four pockets with buttons on the front and three buttons on th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets$742 Sale Price25% Off
- CHANEL Jacket Blazer Coat Tweed Navy Blue Iridescent Gunmetal Buttons 10P Sz 38By ChanelLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC CHANEL SPRING 2010 COLLECTION NAVY BLUE IRIDESCENT FRINGE TRIM TWEED JACKET Design: - Classic navy blue iridescent tweed jacket from the Spring 2010 collection....Category
- CHANEL Tweed Jacket Blazer Blue Cropped Crystal Sz 38 Cruise 2013By ChanelLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC CHANEL CRUISE 2013 CROPPED BLUE TWEED JACKET Design: - Cropped lightweight tweed jacket in a fresh blue color. - Notched lapel. - Dual patch pockets. - Strass ...Category