- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
NEW Chanel Lesage Fantasy Tweed Sequin Gilet Vest Jacket 38
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Amazing Chanel Ivory Fantasy Tweed Skirt Suit with Pearl Trimming DetailsBy ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Chanel Signature Skirt Suit Designed by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel It doesn't get more COCO CHANEL than this suit Consisting of two pieces - Skirt and Jacket Signature fanta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Skirt Suits
- Chanel Corset Belt Skirt Jacket Suit Ensemble 3 PiecesBy ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Chanel Signature ensemble Consisting of three pieces - Jacket, Skirt and Corset Belt Can be worn as a complete outfit or each piece by itself A very versatile ensemble that...Category
Early 2000s Skirt Suits$999 Sale Price66% Off
- Extraordinary Chanel Signature Monochrome Sequin Fantasy Tweed Jacket 38By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHChanel signature jacket Classic Chanel monochrome signature style that never goes out of style Stunning ivory tweed produced by Maison Lesage exclusively for Chanel Black fringed twe...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Blazers$2,499 Sale Price34% Off
- UNWORN Chanel Tweed & Sequins CC Logo Button Short Coat Jacket Blazer 42By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful CHANEL tweed coat jacket A true CHANEL signature item that will last you for many years Stunning colors A truly versatile piece, can be worn as blazer, jacket or short coa...Category
Early 2000s French Coats
- Rare Museum Piece 1990s Chanel Sequin Jacket shown at Met Museum 2005 ExhibitionBy ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely rare Chanel jacket from the early 1990s Seen on Vogue Editor Anna Wintour Part of the Exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum in NY in 2005 White Sequin Jacket with bla...Category
- Chanel Fantasy Fringe Lesage Tweed Houndstooth Belted Jacket CoatBy ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful CHANEL tweed jacket / short coat designed by Karl Lagerfeld A true CHANEL item in the famous houndstooth pattern that will last you many years CHANEL's signature fringed f...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Coats$1,999 Sale Price50% Off
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
1990s Double-Breasted Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery