Chanel Black CC Meshed Sleeveless Top
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Black Silk Sleeveless Round Neck TunicBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black silk sleeveless round neck tunic from the year 2008 spring collection. - Featuring two different tones of silk material, which is lighter on the top and thicker on t...Category
Early 2000s French Tunics
- Christian Lacroix Black Knitted Short Sleeves Top with Vinyl SequinsBy Christian LacroixLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- VIntage 1995 Christian Lacroix black knitted short sleeves top with vinyl sequins. - Featuring multi-prints on the knit. - SIze M. - 100% Rayon. - Unworn attached with ori...Category
1990s French Blouses and Tops
- Issey Miyake Fete Black with Silver Embroidered Print Cocoon Long Sleeves TopBy Issey MiyakeLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Issey Miyake Fete black cotton with silver thread wire embroidered print cocoon long sleeves top. This Fete line of Issey Miyake means colorful women'...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Blouses and Tops
- Givenchy Black Cotton and Silk Long Sleeves V-Neck Tunic TopBy GivenchyLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Givenchy black cotton and silk long sleeves V-neck tunic top. - Featuring a transparent silk puzzle pattern and cotton body with cuff details. - Pullover top. - Size S. - 1...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Portuguese Tunics
- Red Valentino Black Cotton with Bow T-ShirtBy ValentinoLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Red Valentino black cotton with bow on the collar short sleeves scoop neck t shirt. Featuring a small pocket in front. It comes with original tag that has never been worn before. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian T-Shirts
- Y's by Yohji Yamamoto Black Velvet Long Sleeves Turtleneck TopBy Yohji YamamotoLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Y's by Yohji Yamamoto black velvet long sleeves turtleneck top. - Made in Japan. - Size 3. - 90% Polyester, 10% Polyurethane.Category
1990s Japanese Shirts
- New Gucci Heart and Beach Ball Print Navy Silk Halter TopBy GucciLocated in San Francisco, CAGucci blue and red heart print silk top with beach ball print accent at neck. Deep V neck at front and slit at back with buttons at back neck. Scarf detail can be left open or tied h...Category
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Moschino Couture 1980s Dove Top White and Silver Sequin on Navy T-shirtBy MoschinoLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage Moschino Couture 1980s dark navy (almost black) short sleeve blouse with cream, white, silver and gold sequin and bead dove at front. Pull on style with no closures. 55% a...Category
1980s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Prada Palm Tree Print Black Silk TopBy PradaLocated in San Francisco, CAPrada black silk top with fuschia and teal palm tree print. Lace trim ruffle cascading down front. Short sleeves, tie neck. 100% silk. Size IT 42,...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Dolce & Gabbana Black and Purple Silk Floral Tulip Print Cropped Jacket BoleroBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADolce & Gabbana black and purplish floral tulip print silk cropped bolero with bow detail at front, wide sleeves. Fastens at front with two hidden snap closures. 100% silk. Lined i...Category
2010s Italian Bolero Jackets
- Stephen Sprouse 1980s Black Silk Button Up BlouseBy Stephen SprouseLocated in San Francisco, CASprouse by Stephen Sprouse black silk long sleeve blouse with round neck, button front, and long sleeves. Princess seam detail at front and back creates a tailored shape. 100% silk...Category
1980s South Korean Blouses and Tops
- Burberry Men's Medium Parker Core Tee T-Shirt 58B715SBy BurberryLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CNSOUFOU1QUA Made In: China Measurements: Length: 20" Width: .2" Height: 28" OVERALL EXCELLENT-CONDITION ( 8.5/10 or A- ) Men's M Shoulders: 17" Pit to...Category
21st Century and Contemporary T-Shirts
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.