- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel CC Knitted Yellow Cropped Tank Top
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Green Silk ShirtBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Chanel green silk collar shirt. - Epaulette Shoulder with gold toned "CC" button. - Front pocket with gold toned "CC" button closure. - Seven gold toned "CC" clos...Category
- Chanel Yellow "CC" Cotton TopBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel yellow "CC" cotton top from 1995 spring collection. - Size 40. - 100% cotton.Category
1990s Blouses and Tops
- Chanel Spring 1997 Yellow “CC” Cropped TopBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 1997 spring Chanel yellow “CC” cropped top. - Size 44. (It fits smaller since it stretches.) -90.1% Nylon. 9.9% Spandex.Category
1990s Crop Tops
- Chanel Fuchsia Pink Silk Shirt with Back Gripoix buttonsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel fuchsia pink silk shirt. - Featuring Gripoix buttons closure at the back and the cuffs. - Round neck. - Size 38. - 100% Silk.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
- Chanel 1998 Multi-Coloured “CC” Cotton Square Neck Stripe Short Sleeve TopBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel 1998 multi-coloured cotton stripe short sleeve top. - Embroidered “CC” logo. - Square neck. - 100% Cotton. - Size 46.Category
1990s Blouses and Tops
- Chanel camellia top from Chanel spring/summer 2001 collection.By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HKSize 44. 70% cotton. 25% rayon. 5% polyester.Category
Early 2000s Blousons
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Sweaters
2010s Tank Tops
Early 2000s Tank Tops
Late 20th Century Blouses and Tops
2010s Blouses and Tops
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
Recently ViewedView More
Chanel’s Boy Brick Lego Bag Transforms a Barcode into Art
In the hands of Karl Lagerfeld, even running errands became a chic exercise.
A Chanel Obsessive’s Cache Extends Well beyond Her Walk-In Closet
From handbags and heels to jackets and jewels, Sharon Coplan Hurowitz has a deep admiration for (and collection of) all things Chanel.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery