- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Seoul Resort 2016 Lace Top
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Geneva, Switzerland
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Pink Print Blouse and Raspberry Pink Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHThis pre-owned ensemble from the Fall 2014 Ready to Wear collection from Chanel was originally seen on the runway with a matching skirt. Here we have the jacket in a beautiful dark p...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Christian Dior White and Gold Silk Sleeveless TopBy Christian DiorLocated in Geneva, CHThis beautiful pre-owned top from Christian Dior features a metallic multicolor horizontal wave like pattern and a round neckline. Fabric: 40% viscose, 31% cotton, 14% silk, 8% cupr...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Blouses
- Versace Fall Winter 2018 The Clans Print Silk BlouseBy VersaceLocated in Geneva, CHBeautiful silk blouse in the iconic The Clans print for this Fall Winter 2018 collection piece created by Donatella Versace for the house of Versace. Collection: Fall Winter 2018 Fa...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Blouses and Tops
- Chanel Grey Burgundy Tweed Coat Fall 2011 Ready to WearBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHBeautiful pre-owned, excellent condition for this Runway piece from the Fall 2011 collection from the house of Chanel. Collection: Fall 2011 Ready to Wear Fabric: 62% wool - 22% ny...Category
2010s French Coats
- Chanel Black and White Geometric Design Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHNew pre-owned jacket from the house of Chanel crafted in a black and white geometric pattern cotton tweed. It features dramatic design CC logo embossed silver tone half hidden hook b...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Chanel Black and White Tweed Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHIn perfect condition, this pre-owned Chanel suit is crafted in a beautiful black and white wool mix tartan pattern tweed. The jacket is double breasted finished with 10 green CC but...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Skirt Suits
- Christian Dior by John Galliano lavender crochet lace maxi dress, ss 2000By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior maxi dress ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ Lavender viscose crochet lace ▪ Canary yellow zigzag stitch trimmings ▪ Figure hugging ▪ Rayon-knit underdress attached ...Category
Early 2000s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- S/S 2005 Christian Dior by John Galliano Floral Diorissimo Lace Slip DressBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a floral Diorissimo print Christian Dior Boutique dress, designed by John Galliano. From the Spring/Summer 2005 collection, similar dresses debuted on the runwa...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- Alaia Autumn-Winter 1991 plum corset vestBy Azzedine AlaïaLocated in London, GBAzzedine Alaia Autumn-Winter 1991 plum corset vestCategory
1990s French Corsets
- Chanel CC Logo Studded Tweed Wool Jacket 08A 2008 New Fr 36By ChanelLocated in Merced, CAChanel rare to find studded tweed jacket adorned with Chanel interlocking CC logo throughout. It is adorned with two front faux pockets, weighted chain at hem. It is fully lined. Thi...Category
20th Century French Jackets
- Jean Paul Gaultier Vintage Tribal Print Patchwork Mesh Top 1990sBy Jean Paul Gaultier ClassiqueLocated in London, GBJean Paul Gaultier Classique Vintage Tribal Print Mesh Top 1990s Iconic Print Lightweight Stretchy Mesh Material 100% Authentic CONDITION: This item is a vintage/pre-worn piec...Category
1990s Italian Shirts
- Chanel F/W 2005 Logo Monogram TopBy ChanelLocated in Fort Myers, FLChanel F/W 2005 Logo Monogram Top FR 36 Chanel tank top with monogram pattern throughout, tie accent at front and narrow strapsCategory
Early 2000s Tank Tops
- Black silk organza tunique with ruffles on a wool jersey base ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack silk organza tunique with ruffles on a wool jersey base. SIZE: 36 (Fr)Category
2010s French Blouses and Tops
- Black silk top with zip in the front and quilted top-stitched strips ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack silk top with zip in the front and quilted top-stitched strips. SIZE 42(It) 38 (Fr) MCategory
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Unworn with Tag Chanel 1996 Black Tank TopBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black tank top from spring 1996 collection. - Unworn with original tag. - Ribbed hem. - Straps back with “CC” buttons closure. - Size 38. - 53% Rayon, 47%...Category
1990s Blouses and Tops
- Chanel Black Silk See Through Long Sleeves BlouseBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black silk see through long sleeves blouse from 2007 A/W collection. - Pleasted front with black rhinestones "CC" buttons closure. - Double collar layers. - ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Blouses and Tops
- Chanel black embroidered with white “CC” tank top from spring 1997 collection.By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK-Chanel black embroidered with white “CC” jersey tank top from spring 1997 collection. -Size 42 -80%nylon, 20%spandex.Category
1990s French Tank Tops
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery