- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dior Beige Mesh Fusion Floral Embellished And Embroidered Sneakers Size 38.5
- DimensionsMarked Size: 8 (US)
- StyleEmbroidered (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Well Used EXTERIOR: Few missing embellishments from both foot SOLE: Visible signs of use on the sole and side sole INSOLE: Minor footmarks.
- Seller LocationDubai, AE
- Reference NumberSeller: 3288481stDibs: LU1310111250312
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$50 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-9 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Christian Dior (Manufacturer)
Christian Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris. There, the visionary couturier would alter the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess — an expansive collection of which can be found at 1stDibs — Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These fashionable sandals from Dior can give your entire ensemble a makeover. Wear these patent leather sandals ...Category
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This impressive pair of leather sandals are a wonderful style statement. This footwear comes with the finest qua...Category
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These pumps from the luxury house of Dior pumps will be your go-to pair of shoes. Crafted out of patent leather,...Category
2010s High HeelsSize: 6.5$497 Sale Price22% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Look chic and make an elegant style statement with this pair of suede pumps. From the house of Dior, this pair i...Category
2010s High Heels
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Add tons of style to your look by donning these patent leather pumps. This pair of Dior pumps have a matching bo...Category
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Known for their elegant and high fashion designs, Dior never fails. Make a style statement while flaunting this ...Category