- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Gucci Black Leather Bamboo Tassel Open Toe Sandal Size 38.5
- DimensionsMarked Size: 8.5 (US)
- StyleTassel (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Gently Used Exterior:Minor creases. Sole:Visible signs of use. Insole:Minor creases and darkening. Heel:Minor scratches.
- Seller LocationDubai, AE
- Reference NumberSeller: 3873251stDibs: LU1310114758172
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Long before trend-bucking creative director Alessandro Michele brought his hallucinatory “Utopian Fantasy” campaign to Gucci, it was a modest Italian leather shop. Today, it’s an internationally renowned luxury house with an iconic logo, and vintage Gucci clothing, handbags and shoes are among high fashion's most covetable goods.
Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) admired the stylish suitcases he saw wealthy guests arrive with at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he worked as a bellhop. So, in 1921, after a stint at Franzi, a luggage company in his hometown of Florence, he opened a leather goods shop of his own.
At first, Gucci’s Florence business specialized in equestrian accessories. But as its reputation flourished, particularly among the English aristocracy, so too did its footprint. In 1938, he brought three of his sons — Aldo, Vasco and Rodolfo — into the business and expanded it to Rome and later Milan. In the mid-1930s, a League of Nations embargo against Italy pushed Gucci to experiment with alternatives to imported leather. Its woven hemp fabric from Naples, adorned with the brand’s signature diamond print, was a hit, especially among A-list celebrities. The material was first used on suitcases before finding enduring popularity on handbags. (No list of revered designer purses would be complete without Gucci.)
In the 1950s, Elizabeth Taylor carried one of Gucci’s bamboo-handled tote bags, another adaptation to material rationing. After Jackie Kennedy was seen sporting a slouchy Gucci tote in 1961, it was renamed for the First Lady. Then Grace Kelly, on a visit to the boutique in Milan, inspired Rodolfo Gucci to work with Italian illustrator and Gucci textile designer Vittorio Accornero on the Flora print in 1966. Taking cues from Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera, with its pattern of flora and insects, it was painted entirely by hand and featured no fewer than 37 colors.
In 1953, just 15 days after opening his first store on New York’s 5th Avenue, Guccio passed away at 72. The early 1970s saw store openings in Tokyo and Hong Kong, but by the late 1980s, Gucci was floundering. Rodolfo Gucci took charge in 1982, but family drama and lawsuits ensued. In 1993, Rodolfo’s son, Maurizio, transferred his shares in the company to Investcorp, ending the family’s involvement in Gucci. Dawn Mello, then-president of Bergdorf Goodman, joined as creative director in 1989. But it was Tom Ford, who took over as creative director in 1994, who ultimately revived the brand.
Ford’s racy ads, shot by photographers such as Mario Testino, stirred controversy. And his potent vision of sexed-up femininity — with “jewel-toned satin shirts unbuttoned to there,” as Vogue described his breakthrough 1995 runway show — was wildly successful. The new millennium brought new ownership — Pinault Printemps Redoute in 2004 — and a more toned-down vision from Frida Giannini, who became sole creative director in 2006. Alessandro Michele was named creative director in 2015, and the storied brand took a giant leap forward.
Find vintage Gucci clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Gucci Grey Patent Leather Peep Toe Slingback Sandals Size 35.5By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Keep it casual and chic with these patent leather sandals. These stylish sandals are lined with premium leather and will keep you at the top of your style game. These fashionable san...Category
2010s Italian Sandals$274 Sale Price27% Off
- Gucci Black Suede Leather Tassel Booties Size 36.5By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2We've fallen in love with these gorgeous booties from Gucci! These black booties are crafted from suede and feature round toes. They've been styled with tassels, side zippers and 10....Category
2010s Italian Boots$315 Sale Price20% Off
- Gucci Grey Suede, Patent And Leather Bamboo Horsebit Ballet Flats Size 36.5By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This pair of Gucci's flats combine comfort with style. Crafted from suede and leather, they feature round toes and Horsebit motifs with bamboo on the uppers. This pair can be teamed ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$253 Sale Price30% Off
- Gucci Black Sequins Zip Ankle Booties Size 36By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Give the high-fashion finish to your party outfits with these glittery booties from the house of Gucci. Covered in sequins and line with leather, they feature covered toes, side zipp...Category
2010s Italian Ankle Boots
- Gucci Black Leather Square Toe Pumps Size 34By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This pair of Gucci pumps is a timeless classic. Step out in style while flaunting these black shoes covered in leather. They feature square toes, leather insoles and 7 cm heels to of...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Gucci Black Patent Leather Smoking Slippers Size 42By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Gucci's designs never cease to delight us. These black patent leather slippers are no exception. They feature round toes, short heels and a seamless finish. The insoles are leather-l...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$381 Sale Price27% Off
- New Gucci Sequin Evening Boots Booties Heels Sz 38By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Sequin Booties Brand New * Stunning Black Mini Sequin * Gold Hardware * Size: 38 * Rounded Toe * Side Zip * Gucci Green Red & Black * 4" Heel * With Box and Dust CoverCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes$965 Sale Price41% Off
- New Tom Ford For Gucci Black Velvet Satin Final Collection Heels Sz 10By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VARare Tom Ford for Gucci Brand New * Stunning in Black Satin and Velvet * Rare Tom Ford's Farwell Collection * Satin Ankle Strap * Leather Footbed * Size: 10 *Velvet Heel * 5" Heel * ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$985 Sale Price44% Off
- New Gucci Runway Suede Brocade Heels Sz 8.5By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Brocade Heels Brand New * Size: 8.5 * Black Suede & Silver Brocade * Open Toe * Satin Ankle Straps * Metallic Quilted Soft Leather Insole * 3.5" Heel * Box Reads: 150993 CA1E0...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes$975 Sale Price30% Off
- New Tom Ford For Gucci Mink Python Velvet Satin Final Collection Heels Sz 6By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VATom Ford for Gucci Mink Python Heels Brand New U.S. Size: 6 We are Gaga over the 'House of Gucci' movie and Gucci's 100th Birthday * Mink, Satin, Python and Velvet heels * Tom Ford's...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$1,350 Sale Price30% Off
- New Gucci GG Velvet Crystal Boots With Box Sz 37By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Brand New with Box * Black GG Velvet Boots * Gold Horsebit Accent * Crystal Heels * Size: 37Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes
- New Gucci Quilted Satin Buckle Horsebit Heels Sz 9.5By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Mules Brand New * Stunning in Black Satin * Patent Leather Accents * Soft, Comfortable Quilted Satin Footbed *Gunmetal Buckle Hardware * Black Patent Heel * 3.5" Heel * With Bo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes$765 Sale Price21% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.