Louis Vuitton Matchmake Pump Heels Monogram Canvas & Leather Size 38.5
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Roosendaal, Netherlands
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Hermes Chypre Tan Sandals Natural Suede Size 37 NEWBy HermèsLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer these new pair of Hermès Chypre Sandals: - Brand: Hermes - Model: Chypre Tan Sandals Suede - Size: 37 - Year: 2023 - Condition: New, have nev...Category
2010s European Sandals
- Chanel Runway Caviar Quilted Multicolor Foldable Shopping Tote NEWBy ChanelLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Chanel Caviar Foldable Shopping Tote: - Brand: Chanel - Model: Foldable Shopping Tote with Chain - Year: 2022 - Condition: NEW (unused) ...Category
2010s French Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Gaia MNG Bag Monogram CanvasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Louis Vuitton Gaia MNG Bag: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: Gaia MNG - Year: 2015 - Code: DR4125 - Condition: Good (very small signs of ...Category
2010s French Hobo Bags
- Chanel Vintage Micro Mini Shoulder Flap Bag RareBy ChanelLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this super rare Chanel Micro Flap Bag: - Brand: Chanel - Model: Micro Flap Bag - Year: From 1990 Collection - Code: Half Hologram (1xxxx) - ...Category
1990s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Hobo Chain Bag Caviar Leather Shoulder Bag ToteBy ChanelLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Chanel Hobo Chain Bag: - Brand: Chanel - Model: Hobo Chain Tote Bag - Year: 2009 - Code: 13046967 - Condition: Good (see pictures) - Mat...Category
Early 2000s French Hobo Bags
- Charlotte Olympia Statue of Liberty Embroidered Mule Slide Flat ShoeBy Charlotte OlympiaLocated in San Francisco, CACharlotte Olympia Lady Liberty mule features the Statue of Liberty in embroidered needlepoint at upper. Gold tone heel. Canvas slide with leather soles. Slide on. Made in Italy. S...Category
2010s Italian Slippers
- NEW Balmain Limited Edition Black & Blue High Top Leather Combat Boots 36By BalmainLocated in Switzerland, CHLimited Edition Balmain Cell Stellar high-top leather combat boots Sold out immediately Details: Black leather Balmain Cell Stellar high-top combat leather boots Round to Lace-up f...Category
2010s French Shoes
- NEW Tod's for Ferrari Black Gommino Moccasins Loafers Alligator Crocodile 10By FerrariLocated in Switzerland, CHAMAZING RARE RARE RARE TOD'S FOR FERRARI LIMITED EDITION MOCCASINS LOAFERS RETAIL PRICE 7700$ PLUS TAXES DETAILS: A signature piece that will last you for years From an exclusive and limited exotic skin collection produced for Ferrari Pure luxury Beautiful exotic skin real crocodile leather - no print! Fantastic black leather with "Ferrari"-red stitching Ferrari horse...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Moccasins
- Tom Ford for YSL SS 2004 Collection Crystal Embellished Spectator Shoes 39 US 9By Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Spectator Shoes Italian size 39 - US 9 These sensational shoes will add dramatic panache to evening elegance. Fully co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Heels
- Dior Black Leather Pointed Toe Pumps Size 40By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Wonderfully-crafted shoes added with notable elements to fit well and pair perfectly with all your plans. Make these Dior kitten heel pumps yours today! includes Original DustbagCategory
2010s Italian Heels
- Balenciaga Shimmery Black Knit Fabric Speed Trainer Sneakers Size 38By BalenciagaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Celebrating the fusion of sports and luxury fashion, these Balenciaga Speed Trainer sneakers are absolutely worth the splurge. They are laceless and so well-crafted with knit fabric ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.